Found Safe WI - Jill, 55, & Jordan Rousseau, 21, mother & daughter, Dale, Outagamie Co., 16 Jun 2019

Plant a stool folks. We might be in for a long ride.

Of course there is the obvious consideration here of the most obvious potential suspect in any case like this. It’s 101. We all know this.

However, apart from that, it’s important to me to not get tunnel vision and make sure we are keeping our minds open to other possibilities. If these ladies have indeed been abducted or had an accident...

I haven’t even seen the PC yet as I said. But I’d like to treat this as all possibilities are on the table at this moment. Moo.

Last edited:
He acted like his daughter was a little kid. He said “of course she should be driving the Expedition” because she was young and needed “more experience”. He talks about her like she is 15, not 21.

Also an observation of how the daughter’s friend was dressed, is there a religious angle to this? He also mentioned his daughter sews then takes naps on the futons in the basement.

Then the part about one of the futons having looked like it had been slept on? That he felt it? Reminded me of the story of Goldilocks, like he wondered who slept in the bed.

IMO
I know they also mentioned homeschooling. My initial thoughts when I first saw the photos of the daughter were that she looks MUCH younger than your typical 21 year old around here. I almost wonder if the "adoptions don't work out" comment was maybe referring to the son being LGBTQ and/or otherwise not compliant with their lifestyle given the whole homeschooling angle.

I don’t either.

Usually I can say with confidence if we are being lied too; I can’t do that here.

Two things concern me, but may simply be the way this guy communicates:

The “salesman” like way in which this guy talks (hand motions, facial expressions).

The minutes upon minutes of extraneous information.

Might be nothing though.

I couldn't agree more with everything you said here.

His self-presentation is...unusual.

Agree that it felt like he was making a sales pitch of some kind.

Maybe what we saw was just his communication style, combined with being in front of television cameras.

I did note that while he had lots and lots to say, he offered only a one-word description of his wife:
Analytical.

I found that interesting.

JMO.

He acted like his daughter was a little kid. He said “of course she should be driving the Expedition” because she was young and needed “more experience”. He talks about her like she is 15, not 21.

Also an observation of how the daughter’s friend was dressed, is there a religious angle to this? He also mentioned his daughter sews then takes naps on the futons in the basement.

Then the part about one of the futons having looked like it had been slept on? That he felt it? Reminded me of the story of Goldilocks, like he wondered who slept in the bed.

IMO

Definitely some oddities, at least to others, maybe it is the norm for them. There seemed to be too much explanation but then when under such stress and having to answer questions and give detail, maybe that is the reason.

The things you point out are unusual at least to me. He does talk like she is younger than she is. How do you know if the futons have been slept on, I mean do you check religiously and did before you left?

I don't know what to think. I honestly don't.

There is also the possibility of one female did something to the other but I find that unlikely.

If they were abducted well the vehicle must be on video somewhere one would think.

Keeping an open mind but...

I may even watch it a fourth time...

Jmo.

IMO
I don't think there is a religious angle, per se, (unless mom and daughter left an oppressive family?), but they are religious, I think. It's based on FB comments on the Sheriff's page, but several people have posted that they are in the same religious circle and are being prayed for; one person noted that they attend a religious event with the Rousseaus every year.

(I'm also reminded when reading those FB comments from a day ago why we don't allow them! People are reporting all kinds of things that are not what Mr. Rousseau has said in this press conference.)

I couldn't agree more with everything you said here.

His self-presentation is...unusual.

Agree that it felt like he was making a sales pitch of some kind.

Maybe what we saw was just his communication style, combined with being in front of television cameras.

I did note that while he had lots and lots to say, he offered only a one-word description of his wife:
Analytical.

I found that interesting.

JMO.
Admittedly, I don’t have the attention span to sit through the entire press conference. This is what I would be looking for though:

Extraneous and detailed information of past events and events that occurred after law enforcement was contacted.

This information would be true, and he’d recall it well.

Now, if he’s not as detailed in the events immediately before and after the disappearance, then I’d be incredibly concerned about deception.

If anyone has watched the whole thing, is this what he did?

Here's a list of MP's in the Fox River Valley/ East Central WI over the last 5 years according to NCMEC/NAMUS:
- Jack Minniecheske, Wittenberg (2/17/19)
- Krista Sypher, Plover (3/13/17)
- Mackenzie Marken, Weston (10/11/15)
- John Lee, Appleton (6/20/15)
- Sandra Pomonicutt, Shawano (5/5/19)
- Jada Robinson-Martin, Oshkosh (7/13/18)

I definitely think there are more that are not widely reported.

Plant a stool folks. We might be in for a long ride.

Of course there is the obvious consideration here of the most obvious potential suspect in any case like this. It’s 101. We all know this.

However, apart from that, it’s important to me to not get tunnel vision and make sure we are keeping our minds open to other possibilities. If these ladies have indeed been abducted or had an accident...

I haven’t even seen the PC yet as I said. But I’d like to treat this as all possibilities are on the table at this moment. Moo.
I agree with this completely.

This absolutely could be a voluntarily missing scenario.

Accident is another possibility.

Finding that vehicle is key.

I don't think this was an abduction.
That possibility ranks lowest on my list.

JMO.

Admittedly, I don’t have the attention span to sit through the entire press conference. This is what I would be looking for though:

Extraneous and detailed information of past events and events that occurred after law enforcement was contacted.

Now, if he’s not as detailed in the events immediately before and after the disappearance, then I’d be incredibly concerned about deception.

In a word: Yes.

JMO.

I don't think there is a religious angle, per se, (unless mom and daughter left an oppressive family?), but they are religious, I think. It's based on FB comments on the Sheriff's page, but several people have posted that they are in the same religious circle and are being prayed for; one person noted that they attend a religious event with the Rousseaus every year.

(I'm also reminded when reading those FB comments from a day ago why we don't allow them! People are reporting all kinds of things that are not what Mr. Rousseau has said in this press conference.)
Do we know what that specific religious group is? If it's something that could be considered "fringe", it might be an angle.

ETA: The reason I'm saying this is because I have firsthand experience with adherents to "fringe" religious movements becoming violent, and I am from the general area. The person referenced in my sig was murdered by one of these adherents after a sermon that had gone wrong, and I have seen plenty of other cases of religious based abuse/neglect/violence in Wisconsin in recent years.

Last edited:

I do not usually have the patience for the press conferences either, but he is SO talkative, I could not stop myself from watching it several times. I think he is equally detailed about the past as he is about the timeline of events since he said he last spoke with his wife. IMO

The Appleton Post Crescent is the local newspaper in case anyone wants to check out the story over there. Nothing new being shared, just telling everyone for extra info.
Just an FYI the Post-Crescent is going to be paywalled after five articles. Use an incognito browser if you plan on following the case! I am fairly certain the Milwaukee media is covering it as well, I saw something about it on FOX6 this morning.

I do not know what is allowed to be posted so I won't post them but Wisconsin has open free records. Cases have been some time ago but there are a few of slight interest... I searched each name...
At this point according to the rules you're allowed to sleuth the MP but not the family as they have not been made suspects.

ETA - the JR that you probably saw on CCAP with multiple cases in Chippewa County is not the JR that is missing - birthdates do not add up and is on the other side of the state.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back