Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the Prosecution's final closing is effective enough for these jurors to vote DP.
No doubt he deserves the DP but I don't really want him to get it. I don't want him to get any automatic appeals paid for by the state. So long as he gets LWOP and it really means life with NO possibility of parole, I'll be satisfied.

Whichever is worse for him, is what I'd like. From the little research I've done, that seems to be death row.

No doubt he deserves the DP but I don't really want him to get it. I don't want him to get any automatic appeals paid for by the state. So long as he gets LWOP and it really means life with NO possibility of parole, I'll be satisfied.

Whichever is worse for him, is what I'd like. From the little research I've done, that seems to be death row.
Yes me too. I’d like the DP hanging over his head on a daily basis and the restricted privileges that come with that. Also you never know when a new governor may come in and reinstate DP. Although CM prob be dead of natural causes by the time they get through the 700 inmates!

Honestly, I think it’s really disrespectful not to carry out the DP when a judge and jury have agreed it and gone through the process of making such a tough decision.

Fine if a state wants to suspend future DP sentences but you should follow up on those that have already been agreed in accordance with the law. What’s the point of having a process, laws and rulings otherwise!

I don't think California will ever have a governor that reinstates the DP. JMO

Death Row in Ca will mean MUCH more restrictive access CM will have in prison. No job, in his cell 24 hours a day, except for a couple hours a week for visit/Dr Call etc.

I remember watching a Documentary about Los Angeles' "Godfather" of a street gang that is on DR. He wasn't allowed out of his cell at all to film the doc, the camera crew had to enter his cell to interview him. He wrote some children books from prison trying to keep kids from committing crime. As always, documentaries are one-sided and he was still using his tricks to cry, "Poor Me."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member