NH NH - Denise Daneault, 25, Manchester, 8 June 1980

I found an article on Newpapers.com that he had gotten arrested on drug charges (possibly selling heroin from top of my head) in the mid-90s. I don't have a subscription anymore but believe I saved it. If I find it I will post. What drew me to the article in the first place was that it listed his current address as the last known address of Denise in 1980. If I remember correctly she was divorced/separated from him at the time and living there with a roommate.

Since Rasmussen is ruled out, I guess it's back to the drawing board. Someone mentioned a while ago about Daneault's husband being a possibility...whatever happened to him?

Found the reference! Al Ka posted about it up thread.

From Oahkhill research link Mystery in Allenstown, NH: Denise Daneault In 1981, after she went missing, resident of her own place, 343, is shown as Mr Daneault P! (Denise's ex-husband) hmm

In Sept 1999 Daneault P and one other are arrested in largest heroin bust in recent history in Manchester. He was released on $50,000 cash bail after being charged with three counts of sale of heroin. Address he gave to police at the time is still 343 Hayward Street, Denise's apartment.

This may be a stupid question, but wouldn't police have looked into the husband as the primary suspect? Rather, shouldn't they have done so? He's the first person I would have looked at :/ and if not him, someone he was associated with.

I hadn't known about oakhillresearch when I started digging into all these cases this same time last year, they're a phenomenal site.

This may be a stupid question, but wouldn't police have looked into the husband as the primary suspect? Rather, shouldn't they have done so? He's the first person I would have looked at :/ and if not him, someone he was associated with.

I hadn't known about oakhillresearch when I started digging into all these cases this same time last year, they're a phenomenal site.

LE definitely did look into him but I guess there is only so much they can do without a body and solid evidence.

Since Rasmussen is ruled out, I guess it's back to the drawing board. Someone mentioned a while ago about Daneault's husband being a possibility...whatever happened to him?
When/how was he ruled out?

eta, saw the post now.
But the latest Allenstown/Rasmussen presser includes Denise D. under "Continuing investigation."

https://www.doj.nh.gov/news/2019/documents/20190605-allenstown-briefing.pdf

eta2:
Rasmussen is believed to have killed as many as seven people. Investigators believe he may have also killed Daneault.

“I didn’t say we ruled him out. We don’t see a connection at this point,”
Strelzin said.
Serial killer may be behind 1980 disappearance of New Hampshire mom, cops say

Last edited:
When/how was he ruled out?

eta, saw the post now.
But the latest Allenstown/Rasmussen presser includes Denise D. under "Continuing investigation."

https://www.doj.nh.gov/news/2019/documents/20190605-allenstown-briefing.pdf

eta2:

Serial killer may be behind 1980 disappearance of New Hampshire mom, cops say
I feel that they added her to the press conference for a reason that they haven’t disclosed. My feeling is that they have an inkling that he had something to do with her disappearance.

I feel that they added her to the press conference for a reason that they haven’t disclosed. My feeling is that they have an inkling that he had something to do with her disappearance.
I think so too. This is from the article that came from:
Authorities said there is no connection between the Beaudin and Daneault cases.

"There's no evidentiary connection between the two," Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeff Strelzin
Two completely different things. imo.

I think it is an open possibility. The last Uniform Arrest Report for theft of services (See last NH doj document) that has the mention of Elizabeth as his spouse is dated 6/6/80. Denise Denault was last seen two days later on 6/8/80. Two blocks away. After that, there is no further mention of Elizabeth on any documents that I am aware of.

There could be a myriad of possibilities; but I'll throw a few out. 1) Elizabeth, whether she was Marlyse or someone else, found out something about Denise D. and she/they were killed or she/they left. OR 2) For all we know, Denise D. and TR had some kind of relationship/friendship and she happened to be at his house and signed for mail one day and made up a name and law enforcement just went with it after that and assumed that was the name of his spouse and later placing it on reports. That's how all this COULD relate to Denise.

OR the female who signed could have been ANY female that could have just been at the house at the time (another girlfriend/babysitter etc) and made up the name; like Elizabeth could just be a phantom. After all, Elizabeth only actually signed a document ONCE on 1/9/80 and it was certified mail for a charge of theft of fuel oil due to an NSF check. The two subsequent documents merely listed her as spouse. We don't know HOW she got listed as spouse. We don't know if LE assumed that, we don't know if TR told them that, we don't know if LE spoke to as woman who SAID she was his spouse. For all we know Elizabeth (if she existed at all) could have been gone anytime AFTER 1/9/80 when she signed for the certified mail. There is nothing conclusive to say that she was still there in June because we don't know how her name came to be listed on the subsequent arrest reports.

Okay....rambling done.

In response to the latest comments up above--the media gave the (false) impression that LE had disproved a connection between the two, I'm glad there's been clarification by LE since. It's too damn coincidental for her to disappear from just around the corner during the time period Rasmussen was up there. Don't know what the connection could be (possibly through the kids?! Maybe she saw something and he made her "disappear" accordingly?), but I hope LE can make headway on Ms. Denault's case either way.

I took a little break from looking at the Allenstown case since the discovery last week, and darn it if I don't miss exciting updates on things every time I take a break!

The disappearances of Laureen Rahn and Denise occurred only a few months apart and they lived in the same neighborhood as Rasmussen and the mysterious Elizabeth, who may have been Marlyse and appears to have disappeared soon after. This would be quite a coincidence.

The obvious question is how could they they be related? Whatever his faults, there is no reason to believe Rasmussen went around abducting strangers. Neither of them seem to have fit the pattern of the type of woman Rasmussen seemed to seek out but there is so much about him that isn’t known. I do hope the possible connection is throughly checked out.
(Disappearance of Laureen Rahn - Wikipedia) is

Denise was last seen at the Merrimack Club, which was actually almost right next door to where Laureen lived (corner of Merrimack and Union Street,)
And they disappeared exactly six weeks apart, both on a Saturday night/ Sunday morning.
I do hope the possible connection is throughly checked out.
Indeed. Have they ever mentioned Laureen in any of their pressers related to TR?

Attachments

• Denise_Laureen.png
    Denise_Laureen.png
    199.3 KB · Views: 5
I wonder if Denise Deneault could have been a babysitter for Marlyse's girls and/or TPR's child? Did she have any children in the same age range? If not babysitting, Denise and Marlyse could have had playdates for the children planned or something else in common where they could have met. Perhaps Denise could have become a victim of TPR because she was one of the few people who knew about Marlyse being in NH and asked where she was when she disappeared? Or maybe she was around when TPR was dating Denise Beaudin (could have babysat for Dawn) and perhaps she saw signs of abuse? Did Denise Deneault possibly know something or stumble onto something TPR didn't want her to? MOO.

I wonder if Denise Deneault could have been a babysitter for Marlyse's girls and/or TPR's child? Did she have any children in the same age range? If not babysitting, Denise and Marlyse could have had playdates for the children planned or something else in common where they could have met. Perhaps Denise could have become a victim of TPR because she was one of the few people who knew about Marlyse being in NH and asked where she was when she disappeared? Or maybe she was around when TPR was dating Denise Beaudin (could have babysat for Dawn) and perhaps she saw signs of abuse? Did Denise Deneault possibly know something or stumble onto something TPR didn't want her to? MOO.

Good thoughts. Denise Deneault had two small boys at that time and yes, there could be possibility that they all knew each other in some way.

I know we all want to make connection to TPR case but we can't forget one important fact, that Denise Deneault ex hubby was violent criminal himself and involved in big shady drug trades.

It is great that her case is highlighted due to Terry and that LE are going very thoroughly through all the details nothing to leave it to chance, but in my own humble opinion (and I seem to be here in minority) what happened to Denise D is closer to her own home.

I know we all want to make connection to TPR case but we can't forget one important fact, that Denise Deneault ex hubby was violent criminal himself and involved in big shady drug trades.

It is great that her case is highlighted due to Terry and that LE are going very thoroughly through all the details nothing to leave it to chance, but in my own humble opinion (and I seem to be here in minority) what happened to Denise D is closer to her own home.

bbm. How do you know he was a violent criminal?
We know he was a drug dealer since a young age, so was my brother and he certainly was not violent. He sold drugs to feed his own addiction.
If you have a link I'd appreciate it!

The article on her disappearance says she'd recently broken off a relationship. Since she was divorced from her husband, that doesn't sound like it's him she broke up with.

Then there's this:
Stevens said Deanault was "fearing for her life" in 1980 as if someone was following her after she received a threatening letter.

"She actually came over and showed it to me and said, 'Look at this' and it was awful," said Stevens. "[It said] 'You're going to die if you don't do this' and she said, 'What should I do with this?' and I said, 'You throw that away. That's garbage' and I ripped it up and threw it in my garbage. Now I wish I had that letter."

Authorities Keep Searching Woods in Connection to Cold Case

Who was the dumped boyfriend? Who was threatening her?
I think the answer to either of those may be the answer to her disappearance.
I wonder what the letter asked her to do?

These have been my thoughts as well. I also thought the reverse. He did something to Denise and Marlyse was witness or had knowledge to that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back