Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That other kidnapping thing is dated today's date. What could that have to do with this case? It's in Colorado.....
Do the police think it's related or is that the opinion of the 2 college girls?
All this did was add confusion, IMO
I think the implication is perhaps the driver of that vehicle took ML the night she went missing and at some point since that date drove with her, against her will, to CO.
?

jmo

Well that’s odd, and not at all helpful.

That occurred 500 miles away, and doesn’t bare any similarities to what happened here.

Kenzie traveled to a location that she had no known connection to, and did so after flying in at 1 am.

They also brought up another tragic, yet completely unrelated case yesterday.

They need to stop doing that.
I think her poor friends just can’t step back and think logically what may have happened. I’m sure if this is out of character for ML, they probably are grasping at straws and looking at any possibilities. I can’t blame them.
Surely by now, if this is a voluntary walk away, she would have let someone know? Couldn’t she get into trouble for something like this? MOO

They did it outside the police department.

Clearly they should have done it in the lobby.

There was probably a mariachi band playing in the lobby.
And I hate maracas.

I'm thinking the friends weren't "invited" inside the PD to do their pc.
Something tells me the PD didn't want to give the appearance of that having been a LE-sanctioned pc.

JMO.

Last edited:
I give up. Finally one of the videos provided I could hear over the music but interestingly, the minute questions and answers started, it ended. No LE, no family and no reason why this case in Colorado is even mentioned. There was not even a picture shared.

No offense to the young friends, I am sure they mean well but what was the point here exactly?

Early on the Kennedy girl said she had some new information. I listened intently for it but all I heard was the Colorado kidnapping which I would like to know for what reason they think that relates here or is connected? Do they have their own reasons for thinking this?

I guess it could relate but so could any incident anywhere.

It still stands out to me that LE is pushing little to nothing, nor is the family.

Jmo.

About this CO case ... so he would have kidnapped ML a week ago and driven to CO? Definitely seems like grasping at straws. Anyone know how long it would take to drive from NSL to this location in CO?

I feel for ML’s friends. They are doing their best. And the idea that their friend has been forced into a cross country road trip is a better thought than the alternatives.

God Bless these young women for all they are doing trying to find their friend MacKenzie, but where is her family? Are they there helping or will they be coming to SLC soon? Will the police be giving a presser or releasing a statement?

This is just so strange.

About this CO case ... so he would have kidnapped ML a week ago and driven to CO? Definitely seems like grasping at straws. Anyone know how long it would take to drive from NSL to this location in CO?

I feel for ML’s friends. They are doing their best. And the idea that their friend has been forced into a cross country road trip is a better thought than the alternatives.

Well it would've taken a hell of a lot less than a week and that's when she went missing. A week ago. Where has she been since then?

About 7 hours depending on speed, road conditions and traffic.
Chi

8 hours. If I remember correctly. I've done the Westminster-is drive to/from SLC a few times but was 20 years ago...

I think the implication is perhaps the driver of that vehicle took ML the night she went missing and at some point since that date drove with her, against her will, to CO.
?

jmo

Well if so, I’m fairly close so we will have active feet on the ground. I haven’t looked at that thread yet though but will ASAP. I’m not sure the context of the relation to that case as I couldn’t hear anything in the PC.

Well it would've taken a hell of a lot less than a week and that's when she went missing. A week ago. Where has she been since then?
Yeah exactly.

Her poor friends.

Where is ML’s family?? Her mom? She texted her to say she landed. They have to be relatively close/in contact based on that text.

So let’s think. Why would a family who is decently close or at least in regular contact be keeping quiet? All you super long time sleuthers, what are situations and other cases in which family has declined from appealing for help or searching for a youngish adult child?

I give up. Finally one of the videos provided I could hear over the music but interestingly, the minute questions and answers started, it ended. No LE, no family and no reason why this case in Colorado is even mentioned. There was not even a picture shared.

No offense to the young friends, I am sure they mean well but what was the point here exactly?

Early on the Kennedy girl said she had some new information. I listened intently for it but all I heard was the Colorado kidnapping which I would like to know for what reason they think that relates here or is connected? Do they have their own reasons for thinking this?

It still stands out to me that LE is pushing little to nothing, nor is the family.

Jmo.

TBH, I think someone posted that link about someone hearing screams coming from a vehicle in Westminster, CO on their “Find MacKenzie” FB page, and the friends added that tip to their presser.

Someone just posted that link on their page not more than an hour ago.

JMO

I thought it was so strange that LE wouldn't identify the drop-off destination, so I asked my husband who's retired LE. He said LE wouldn't want to give out that info unless they needed the public's help, especially if the destination included a suspect. They wouldn't want the suspect to know at this point that they're looking at him. In an active investigation like this, they don't want to give out too much info and have the public interfere or show up at the site. So, I go back to believing that LE has much more info than they are revealing and maybe have revealed this info to the family, which is why they aren't rushing out to SLC. They obviously don't need the public's help at this point and see it as a possible obstruction to their investigation.

Jmo.
I am under the impression the family and friends think she has been kidnapped and do not necessarily believe she is even in Utah at this time.
Like I said, I have zero inside info.
But from their postings on the facebook they have set up that has been mentioned here, they want the search expanded into Colorado, Nevada etc.
I don't blame them because I am not at all for sure thinking this is voluntary at this point.
It may have started out that way, but I do not believe she would do this to her loved ones.
JMO
Chi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members