Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

liltexans

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck was last heard from when her plane landed at the Salt Lake City Airport at approximately 1:00 am on Monday, June 17th. She had flown home from her grandmother's funeral in Calfornia.

The SLC Police Case Number is 111129.

64600314_10213646125578622_976534147017211904_n.jpg

Last edited:
Mackenzie "Kenzie" Lueck was last heard from when her plane landed at the Salt Lake City Airport at approximately 1:00 am on Monday, June 17th. She had flown home from her grandmother's funeral in Calfornia.

The SLC Police Case Number is 111129.

64600314_10213646125578622_976534147017211904_n.jpg

Wonder how she was planning on getting home from the airport, e.g., was her car parked there, had she called an Uber, was a friend picking her up, etc.

Not many details being provided by LE at this point.

Who reported her missing?

Any time a woman goes missing from an airport at 1 am, it's worrisome.

On the upside, there should be plenty of camera footage available from the airport.

Getting a little bit of a voluntarily missing vibe from this one early on, but anything is possible.

JMO.

Wonder how she was planning on getting home from the airport, e.g., was her car parked there, had she called an Uber, was a friend picking her up, etc.

Not being provided many details here.

Who reported her missing?

JMO.

Based solely on the comments I have read under her friends' and family's posts, her parents live in another state and they reported her missing. She apparently texted them when her plane landed. Her friend who posted on the Macin Smith page said that they have information that she got a ride from Lyft and that she supposedly reached her destination. However, no one seems to know what that destination was. She has not shown up at work or school all week. Her beloved cat was home alone and her luggage is reportedly not at home.

Based solely on the comments I have read under her friends' and family's posts, her parents live in another state and they reported her missing. She apparently texted them when her plane landed. Her friend who posted on the Macin Smith page said that they have information that she got a ride from Lyft and that she supposedly reached her destination. However, no one seems to know what that destination was. She has not shown up at work or school all week. Her beloved cat was home alone and her luggage is reportedly not at home.

BBM:

Some immediate thoughts/questions:

What is her work/school attendance history, i.e., does she have a track record of spotty attendance or is this completely out of character behavior for her?

Any known drug use and/or mental health issues that could account for her going voluntarily missing?

The fact that her cat has been left unattended for a long stretch raises a red flag, depending on whether or not she had made arrangements for someone to come in and feed/check on it while she was gone.

JMO.

Last edited:
Welcome to Websleuths, Iamgroot. :) Very glad to have you here.

I hope they find her safe and quickly!

I'm very glad to see that YOU are here on the thread, Pommy!

It goes without saying, so I'm going to go ahead and say it:

As with so many other cases we see here, the cell phone data is likely going to be a critical piece of the puzzle r/t locating ML.

LE has no doubt been gathering as much info as they can r/t her phone activity.

Hopefully, it's still turned on and pinging away.

JMO.

Last edited:
I'm very glad to see that YOU are here on the thread, Pommy!

It goes without saying, so I'm going to go ahead and say it:

As with so many other cases we see here, the cell phone data is likely going to be a critical piece of the puzzle r/t locating ML.

LE has no doubt been gathering as much info as they can r/t her phone activity.

Hopefully, it's still turned on and pinging away.

JMO.
Yes, I hope LE is on it. Glad to see you here as well! :)

Adding her Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.it/kenzielueck/

BBM:

Some immediate thoughts/questions:

What is her work/school attendance history, i.e., does she have a track record of spotty attendance or is this completely out of character behavior for her?

Any known drug use and/or mental health issues that could account for her going voluntarily missing?

The fact that her cat has been left unattended for a long stretch raises a red flag, depending on whether or not she had made arrangements for someone to come in and feed/check on it while she was gone.

JMO.

She seems to be a member of the LDS church, which obviously doesn't mean she hasn't done drugs, but I have seen no indication of that from the comments on Facebook. I did see a comment where someone mentioned that Kenzie had a stroke last year; however, that seems completely unverified at this time.

Several people on Facebook have commented that she was an active sorority member and served as a "Big Sister" to at least one other sorority sister. That young woman seems distraught that Kenzie is missing. Again, nothing confirmed, but it would indicate that Kenzie was a responsible young woman.

She seems to be a member of the LDS church, which obviously doesn't mean she hasn't done drugs, but I have seen no indication of that from the comments on Facebook. I did see a comment where someone mentioned that Kenzie had a stroke last year; however, that seems completely unverified at this time.

Several people on Facebook have commented that she was an active sorority member and served as a "Big Sister" to at least one other sorority sister. That young woman seems distraught that Kenzie is missing. Again, nothing confirmed, but it would indicate that Kenzie was a responsible young woman.
I assumed she was LDS at first because SLC, however, looking at her Instagram and FB she seems a little wild (just like all my son’s girlfriends he’s the same age). It could be all show for social media but IMO she does not appear to be practicing LDS.

MOO

BBM:

Thanks, lt!

On the one hand, that's reassuring news re: indications being that she's a responsible person; otoh, it makes the likelihood of this being a voluntarily missing scenario less likely, and Kenzie being voluntarily missing would be best case scenario given when and where she was last seen.

This info actually raises, rather than lowers, my level of concern for her well-being, as it appears to increase the likelihood that she is involuntarily missing.

*ETA: It would be very interesting to know whether or not ML did in fact suffer a stroke last year.
Depending on where in the brain her stroke occurred, personality changes are not an uncommon stroke effect, including increased impulsiveness. There are obviously a lot of other potential residual stroke effects.
Since that's unverified info at this point, though, I'm not scurrying down that rabbit hole just yet.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members