Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a case on here - Justice for Juliette - about a twin who was beaten to death in her crib. It took many, many years to get prosecuted BECAUSE there were three suspects - there wasn’t enough evidence to point the finger at which one did it. It finally did get resolved, but I think it’s because one of them got a guilty conscience and told on the one who actually did it.

I hope Savannah gets the justice she deserves as well and that her body is located.

There was a case on here - Justice for Juliette - about a twin who was beaten to death in her crib. It took many, many years to get prosecuted BECAUSE there were three suspects - there wasn’t enough evidence to point the finger at which one did it. It finally did get resolved, but I think it’s because one of them got a guilty conscience and told on the one who actually did it.

I hope Savannah gets the justice she deserves as well and that her body is located.

The credit goes to the fathers sister, Aunt Monica. She pressed and pressed. She got the community involved and brought petition to the courthouse, finding a loophole to bring charges. Juliette's own MOTHER covered up the murder. When it was picked up by Inside Edition, authorities pretty much had to act. GREAT story.
I did a Case Archive for that one too. Juliette Geurts -NE- by amanda reckonwith

Savannah's case may be more difficult, especially without her body, but it eventually must be prosecuted.
Savannah Spurlock -KY- by amanda reckonwith

My wife and I will be travelling through Lexington this weekend. I don't know if we will stop in the area but I will be thinking about this case hard. I may stop through and eat in Lexington, give me ideas of a good place to eat and talk to people or anything the group may want photos of.

Savannah’s best friend Sabrina and our local searcher Kim are going to plan a public search. Details to come. I’m hoping the crazies stay away. This will be completely led by non professionals and not police.

This is just so awful. I can't imagine how her family is feeling right now- the worry, anguish, fear. I just don't think Savannah took off on her own, unfortunately.

Praying that she is found soon for her family's sake. The not knowing is just as devastating, exhausting, and heart breaking as knowing what happened. The family is grieving in a way you can't describe- because she hasn't been found, they still hold on to a tiny bit of hope that she is alive and ok somewhere. Yet deep down, you feel like they're already gone and aren't returning, but you can't allow yourself to grieve fully just yet, because you have no answers as to where they are, what happened, who, when and why. This is just so unfair to families and friends of missing victims like Savannah- no one deserves this pain. No one.

My wife and I will be travelling through Lexington this weekend. I don't know if we will stop in the area but I will be thinking about this case hard. I may stop through and eat in Lexington, give me ideas of a good place to eat and talk to people or anything the group may want photos of.
Well we stopped in lexington and visited the mall. I looked at businesses, billboards, etc. There wasn't really anything about SS to be seen. I didn't go to the last known locations but I drove by Richmond and stopped in Berea for a bit. I didn't get any good vibe in the area and this was my first time visiting this nice place. There is massive road construction in the area and people with ties to the crews and machinery could hide a body easily. I have the gut feeling is she is gone. I thought about the cold and what I would do if I set out on foot and nothing other than finding a warm spot or asking for a ride with literally anyone. All of the evidence like her call records, location and metadata, and even the people she was last seen with are close to the vest for LE. I didn't bother to ask any of the locals if they followed the case. I wonder how the community pressure on the last person that can be confirmed with her is. I bet it is light to none. I thought dark and wondered about their ties to people with funeral homes and crematorys. Those people can make a person disappear with very little scrutiny. Places the locals may want to search are still in places of shelter like under the ends of bridges, barns, sheds, cars or vans, old farm trucks etc. The area I saw is a nice place with horse and cattle farms. Good people generally but it is a little nicer than just a rural area. I would encourage all the farmers to search their equipment. You may be surprised to find Business owners of places like self storage may help you if you gave names and just checked to see if they have storage and when they opened their account. Sorry to ramble and think in writing. I wish there had been more support in the community with a poster brigade. Keeping this in the faces of the public is great and it puts pressure on a potential suspect.

@ardean. Thanks for your post and report, you did well. It can't have been easy for you but you've given us a view of how somethings are going there.

Shame no posters on view to keep the case in the front line of local folk. That would hold me back somewhat from speaking to locals about the case.

@ardean. Thanks for your post and report, you did well. It can't have been easy for you but you've given us a view of how somethings are going there.

Shame no posters on view to keep the case in the front line of local folk. That would hold me back somewhat from speaking to locals about the case.

I know her parents may have physical and psychological things keeping them from going out but maybe @MarieWS can shed light. I would expect SS friends, baby daddy, etc. Would go out and poster high visibility public areas. Maybe I just missed seeing this. When there are no other leads things like postering can positively redirect anger and helplessness and actually lead to a conclusion. I recommend a campaign of cloroplast signs with vinyl letters like election signs in public areas even right up to intersections where the potential suspects live.

I know her parents may have physical and psychological things keeping them from going out but maybe @MarieWS can shed light. I would expect SS friends, baby daddy, etc. Would go out and poster high visibility public areas. Maybe I just missed seeing this. When there are no other leads things like postering can positively redirect anger and helplessness and actually lead to a conclusion. I recommend a campaign of cloroplast signs with vinyl letters like election signs in public areas even right up to intersections where the potential suspects live.

Here are some potential sign slogans:

Missing Savannah Spurlock last known location was in This neighborhood on (date). Anonymous tip line (#).

Anonymously Report Suspicious Activity regarding Missing Savannah Spurlock to (#)

Help locate Savannah Spurlock Anonymous Tip Line (#)

Potential local sign maker Welcome to Signs & More; Richmond, KY - Signs & More Ltd

One bright note for Savannah and family. Webslueths has not forgotten her here. We want Justice for Savannah. Boots on the ground are important, but in this day and age the internet can be valuable.
May Savannah be found and brought home.

Thanks. I am not local to the area, so social media has been my main push. I know her friends hit up Lexington and Richmond very early on and then Lancaster had about 300 go up recently. Potentially, business owners may have taken them down as time goes on. We also have car window Clings that locals can display on their cars. We had a billboard for about 3 months. There are posters up near the home of one of the men and near their place of employment as well. We are in marathon mode now, so i’m sure we’ll do another blast on the ground. I wrote a letter to the editor of the Garrard County paper. Not sure if they ran it bc it’s not available online. I wrote a letter to the Lexington herald Leader, but they didn’t run it. Investigating mailers for those rural homes, but they are not cheap.

Here are some potential sign slogans:

Missing Savannah Spurlock last known location was in This neighborhood on (date). Anonymous tip line (#).

Anonymously Report Suspicious Activity regarding Missing Savannah Spurlock to (#)

Help locate Savannah Spurlock Anonymous Tip Line (#)

Potential local sign maker Welcome to Signs & More; Richmond, KY - Signs & More Ltd

In another case I followed signs were used. From what I remember, a local company made the signs up free of charge. Of course it was free advertising for that sign maker but that's ok. Permission may be needed for a more permenant sign, I can't recollect info now. But great idea.

@MarieWS
Your doing all you can. In some way I know Savannah appreciates all the love and support.
LE is the one who needs to solve this. I continue to hold on for a pow moment when they have the break and tip that will solve this and bring some answers long waited for.
Stay strong

@MarieWS
Your doing all you can. In some way I know Savannah appreciates all the love and support.
LE is the one who needs to solve this. I continue to hold on for a pow moment when they have the break and tip that will solve this and bring some answers long waited for.
Stay strong
If you do a GoFundthing or give me a PayPal address for signs I will donate. Guilty parties may try to remove signs in anger so maybe put a few in the lens of a camera.

If you do a GoFundthing or give me a PayPal address for signs I will donate. Guilty parties may try to remove signs in anger so maybe put a few in the lens of a camera.

That is very kind of u. We are not actively fundraising, but do have a special savings account set up in her name. You can email me at lisathoma83@gmail.com and we can chat more. I will look up that sign shop over the next couple days and touch base w police in terms of strategic locations that may have surveillance.

No potential suspects have been named.

A local searcher let me know last night that many of the signs in the plastic sleeves in a specific area of town in Garrard County have been removed, and the plastic sleeves remain. Our postering efforts have been centered there bc that is where she was last seen. We feel strongly someone there has the answer, and this removal of signs seems an indicator as well. These new signs that we get, we’ll have to think strategically in terms of maybe placing them in businesses yards that may have surveillance. Another supporter told me that many signs in public spaces get mowed down this time of year vs being removed and placed back. I will work with police to identify areas they feel would be important in terms of certain people seeing the signs over and over. They’ve not seemed focused on Lexington, but Lancaster where she was last seen.

A local searcher let me know last night that many of the signs in the plastic sleeves in a specific area of town in Garrard County have been removed, and the plastic sleeves remain. Our postering efforts have been centered there bc that is where she was last seen. We feel strongly someone there has the answer, and this removal of signs seems an indicator as well. These new signs that we get, we’ll have to think strategically in terms of maybe placing them in businesses yards that may have surveillance. Another supporter told me that many signs in public spaces get mowed down this time of year vs being removed and placed back. I will work with police to identify areas they feel would be important in terms of certain people seeing the signs over and over. They’ve not seemed focused on Lexington, but Lancaster where she was last seen.
Reminds me of when the Crystal Rogers signs were being removed. I’m sorry this is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes