Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s strange that they don’t know if the person she was dropped off to is male or female and car description...I bet they know but can’t say yet. They must have an idea from the Lyft driver!

Hard to tell if the vehicle is parked front to the parking barriers, and it's dark out. Would be impossible to see the driver.

I don’t understand why they are mentioning the found stolen property if that has nothing to do with anything. Why state this? Thoughts?
Reporters specifically asked in yesterday's press conference whether or not Salt Lake City Police had ever had any interactions with Kenzie in the past. He said he didn't have that information but would get it out when he had it. So he released that today.

I found it a bit disheartening when he was asked about the cameras at the park. He replied that he “saw a tweet last night” that they were not working at the time. Not exactly the most official way to learn that info or to ensure the public that you had at least looked into accessing the cameras...

Ha!!!! Amen!!!! Same thought here!!!! (A little similar to him yesterday him saying he didn’t know if she got in the car or not.)

Whatever that was about, sounds like LE is doing their due diligence.

I don’t understand why they are mentioning the found stolen property if that has nothing to do with anything. Why state this? Thoughts?

They are stating the three prior interactions with the department because they were specifically asked that question in the last presser.

Just to clarify things, Kenzie's last visible Venmo transaction was on June 15th. I am from El Segundo, did not know Kenzie personally, but I have many mutual friends with her and therefore found her profile quite easily. So the June 16th transaction must have been on another SM app

All they have to do is get all her dating app information and the men she contacted that day and trace those to the source.

Once they have the source there will be one of 4 likely outcomes: (These are my theories not fact.)

1. She's ran off with the man: willingly or not but most likely he has taken her somewhere and holding her against her will if its this outcome.

2. Man denies he was ever in the park and didn't pick her up and it's up to the police to prove he was the man in the car picking her up and prove something happened.

3. Man admits he was the guy in the park but had nothing to do with her disappearance.

4. Man admits he was the guy and confesses to the crime.

Hoping for scenario 1 but 95% chance its one of the other 3. Hate that they have to take so long to have access to this information because every minute they waste there is less and less chance she is safe but such is the justice system.

Reporters specifically asked in yesterday's press conference whether or not Salt Lake City Police had ever had any interactions with Kenzie in the past. He said he didn't have that information but would get it out when he had it. So he released that today.

Thank you. Not sure that’s the most victim friendly thing to do, still I don’t know why they decided to go through with releasing this even though they said they would. All it does is potentially create more, uh, SM chaos so to speak, moo.

(ETA, I may be confused here re: the stolen property so disregard if so)

Last edited:
That’s strange that they don’t know if the person she was dropped off to is male or female and car description...I bet they know but can’t say yet. They must have an idea from the Lyft driver!

I believe this: if that person didn’t get out of their car, it was dark, late, she seemed to know the car- why would the lyft driver try to see who was driving?

This actually makes me think the Lyft driver is MORE credible. It’s super rare for people to recall things like this easily. This tells me the driver was honest with police that they simply didn’t know for sure, rather than assume and say one gender only to be incorrect later. That’s a good sign, IMO.

Just to clarify things, Kenzie's last visible Venmo transaction was on June 15th. I am from El Segundo, did not know Kenzie personally, but I have many mutual friends with her and therefore found her profile quite easily. So the June 16th transaction must have been on another SM app

That SM activity was discussed in the podcast.

Most likely a dating app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members