Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It humanizes her and helps someone know what she looked like at that moment in time so if they saw her, it may jog their memory all JMO
Agreed. Some posters had wondered if she had taken the time to 'freshen up or change clothes' in the restroom, perhaps in anticipation of going on a date. It looks pretty obvious to me she didn't and the timeline suggests she didn't either. Good to know.

OK, so this may be a stupid question, but -- what is the motivation of releasing screengrabs from the airport? Just to let the public know what she was wearing? It sure sounds confirmed that she made it from the airport to the park, so I can only assume it's just meant as a "last video image of her before her disappearance".

I think it shows her belongings and what she was wearing. The description of her missing clothes said leggings but what she was wearing in the airport it's more like loose yoga pants to me. You and your stuff just can't go "poof"! She and it are somewhere...so maybe someone will find something.

There is an app or SM that shows activity on the night of June 16th according to a reporter's question (did we already know about this??). Chief said they're aware and are investigating all SM.
There was activity on Venmo in early morning hours of June 16 that I saw and posted. Can’t remember exact time, but somewhere between 2:00am-4:30am

KUTV 2News on Twitter
@slcpd Asst. Chief Tim Doubt asking that anyone with information about the disappearance of 23-year-old MacKenzie Lueck, contact police 801-799-4420.
2:08 PM - 25 Jun 2019

KUTV 2News on Twitter
Doubt said he saw a tweet from North Salt Lake that the cameras at Hatch Park are not working. Hatch Park is the location Lueck was last seen getting into a vehicle after getting dropped off by a Lyft she took from the airport.

KUTV 2News on Twitter
Doubt took questions and did reiterate that anyone with information as to social media accounts that Lueck might have would be helpful for police and tips may be reported by calling 801-799-4420

[URL="https://twitter.com/kslnewsradio/status/1143612062653984768"]KSL Newsradio on Twitter[/URL]
@slcpd is looking through social media accounts for any clues or signs. The tip line is still open: 801-799-4420 #MackenzieLueck

SLC Police Dept.‏Verified account @slcpd
Pictures of Mackenzie Lueck at the Salt Lake City International airport on June 17, 2019. #missingperson #mackenzielueck

D97rAHLU0AANYdO.jpg

D97rAHJUcAEuAKr.jpg

D97rAHKUEAADRq6.jpg

D97rAHNU0AY6Nbj.jpg

12:59 PM - 25 Jun 2019 from Salt Lake City, UT

How long was she in California? That's a really big suitcase if she was only gone a few days. A big purse, big suitcase and a backpack.

At least we know what her luggage looks like.
Yes, I was expecting a purse and duffel (like Vera Bradley weekender). But she did have to dress up for funeral. And maybe she took enough in case she could stay through to this other weekend she was flying back there (for a wedding or something???). Maybe she contacted professor about getting a make up midterm and was told no.

What was the deal with the other 3 interactions with LE they mentioned? I can’t say I’ve seen that before, mentioning a previous moving violation ? What were the three interactions they took the time to mention? I didn’t catch that if someone could please explain.

Also noting at the end of the presser the PR officer said the FBI has been contacted.

This was my fear from the start, that with it being dark the Lyft driver did not get a good enough look at the vehicle or driver. I’m glad they just accepted this instead of trying to guess or make an approximation. Last thing we need is another BG sketch fiasco.

Makenzie’s friend certainly seemed tore up bless her heart.

Sounds like LE is doing everything they can and even mentioned officers working on their days and hours off.

The PR officer did say another update is not planned, but if there is another break in the case they would have another PC.

So she had a black back bag, a large purse and a fairly large brown, possibly suede suitcase.

I’m sure others have already summarized, and posted the photo of Makenzie at the airport.

Nothing further to add except let’s hope something comes of their investigation into her phone records and she did not have a secret phone which will provide nothing.

Interesting family statement, all official family comments will come from slpd. Feels like they are distancing themselves from the fb page maybe?
I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen family in SLC or in the least speaking on Kenzie's behalf from So Cal. I'm not judging, I just find it unusual in the cases I've followed. Perhaps they are very private people. You wouldn't be able to shut me up.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member