GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they look for his head in the part of the lake where she was found?

Yes they’ve dragged that lake for that head a lot. I don’t believe it’s in the lake. I’ve told this before but on the 4th we roast an entire pig all day. When we’re done my friends father takes the head into town to feed the poor.

I personally wouldn’t do that but apparently transporting heads in vehicles around Oconee is not that weird.

I think so too.........usually drug addicts in need of a fix do this and had they been on drugs that night, theyd have ransacked the place, there would be signs everywhere of why IMHO

In my experience drug addicts do not ransack houses. Movies would have you believe that but usually they are very sneaky and avoid tipping their hand. Drug addicts I’ve known can take things without removing anything else or breaking anything. They know where the good stuff is located.

looking at the autopsy more

Green/yellow bruising........anterior neck, left side of neck and left shoulder

• In about 5–10 days, it turns a yellow or green color. These colors come from compounds called biliverdin and bilirubin that the body produces when it breaks down hemoglobin.
Do these colors continue to change postmortem?

Anyway, 5 days minimum would mean injuries occurred, Thursday Night or Friday early??

I know some have suggested this.....there were emails on Friday evening and a puzzle was completed.....

Also.......either way, cant forget the stomachs were empty

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Skin slippage of the back and buttocks

Skin slippage occurs when blisters start to form underneath the skin due to autolysis of the softer tissue beneath the skin. These blisters starts within 3–6 days, depending on the enviroment. The skin starts to sloughs off with in 6–10 days.

----------------------------------------------------------------

interesting because from Saturday to Tues morning is a full 3 days, starting on the 4th

Gunslinger Granny had a good point, WHAT IF, SD had NOT surfaced? How could someone ensure a body WILL or WILL NOT surface?

Yes they’ve dragged that lake for that head a lot. I don’t believe it’s in the lake. I’ve told this before but on the 4th we roast an entire pig all day. When we’re done my friends father takes the head into town to feed the poor.

I personally wouldn’t do that but apparently transporting heads in vehicles around Oconee is not that weird.

Looking forward to your Go Pro film of the lake

In my experience drug addicts do not ransack houses. Movies would have you believe that but usually they are very sneaky and avoid tipping their hand. Drug addicts I’ve known can take things without removing anything else or breaking anything. They know where the good stuff is located.
I know some people who did just what I posted, they arrive in a rage, will break in, leave destruction behind.........not that every one is the same but I know they do what I posted

I was listening to the trailer for the relatively new podcast "True Crime Chronicles" and I hear the voice of SS. I feel his quick comment is related to the Nuwaubian cult thing that happened yrs ago. There is currently no podcast related to SS nor the Nuwaubians.
But I feel certain it's SS on the trailer. Just thought I'd mention it as there could be an upcoming episode related to the Nuwaubians and SS for anyone interested in that story/angle.

True Crime Chronicles

No I believe the searched a 2 mile radius initially.

They searched from the Dermond to the dam with super fancy equipment that you can see a coke can at the bottom of the lake.

Before the body was found by the dam they didn’t search that far away for the head but once it was I’ve got friends who saw the search teams and even asked what they were searching for so yes they searched more than a 2 mile radius.

They searched from the Dermonds to the dam with super fancy equipment yet they didn't find Mrs Dermond it took 2 fishermen to find her. I don't know where you heard they searched up to the dam ( with super fancy equipment) but you heard wrong. Maybe they need to upgrade their super fancy equipment

No I didn’t hear wrong but you obviously didn’t read my response. I said after they found SD they started using that same equipment near the dam. I agree that in the first ten days they searched for 2 miles but once she was found they searched everywhere in the lake for that head.

I’ll pm a moderator about starting a different thread for my lake video. No since in arguing in this thread.

Is the goal not to solve the case or it to now dispute everything?

They searched from the Dermonds to the dam with super fancy equipment yet they didn't find Mrs Dermond it took 2 fishermen to find her. I don't know where you heard they searched up to the dam ( with super fancy equipment) but you heard wrong. Maybe they need to upgrade their super fancy equipment

Time. The money would still be released but it would take substantially longer. I wonder if they had a big life insurance policy? I don’t recall SS discussing that. I’ll ask around the people that live on Oconee.

looking at the autopsy more

Green/yellow bruising........anterior neck, left side of neck and left shoulder

• In about 5–10 days, it turns a yellow or green color. These colors come from compounds called biliverdin and bilirubin that the body produces when it breaks down hemoglobin.
Do these colors continue to change postmortem?

Anyway, 5 days minimum would mean injuries occurred, Thursday Night or Friday early??

I know some have suggested this.....there were emails on Friday evening and a puzzle was completed.....

Also.......either way, cant forget the stomachs were empty

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Skin slippage of the back and buttocks

Skin slippage occurs when blisters start to form underneath the skin due to autolysis of the softer tissue beneath the skin. These blisters starts within 3–6 days, depending on the enviroment. The skin starts to sloughs off with in 6–10 days.

----------------------------------------------------------------

interesting because from Saturday to Tues morning is a full 3 days, starting on the 4th

Gunslinger Granny had a good point, WHAT IF, SD had NOT surfaced? How could someone ensure a body WILL or WILL NOT surface?

This is my first post, but I’ve been watching this case ever since I took a lovely trip to The Ritz up there a few years ago. I have read so many opinions & I keep changing mine! So many unknowns. But what I do know, if my parents were killed in such an aggressive & horrific manner, I doubt I’d say much in public either. The killer(s) are still out there, why would the kids want to possibly anger someone and make their families targets also? I’d be scared to even get near the house, truthfully. The heartache & terrors of their deaths would keep many quiet, for the sake of their own families that are still alive. Sad but possibly true.

This is my first post, but I’ve been watching this case ever since I took a lovely trip to The Ritz up there a few years ago. I have read so many opinions & I keep changing mine! So many unknowns. But what I do know, if my parents were killed in such an aggressive & horrific manner, I doubt I’d say much in public either. The killer(s) are still out there, why would the kids want to possibly anger someone and make their families targets also? I’d be scared to even get near the house, truthfully. The heartache & terrors of their deaths would keep many quiet, for the sake of their own families that are still alive. Sad but possibly true.

I completely agree with this. The were probably already a private family because of how their brother died. From what I read no one in the family went to the murder trial. So in essence their parents set the standard of how to handle a tragedy.

Time. The money would still be released but it would take substantially longer. I wonder if they had a big life insurance policy? I don’t recall SS discussing that. I’ll ask around the people that live on Oconee.
Did they tell the people at Oconee they had life insurance? I know they were super private according to BD.....i guess the reason they didn't want to talk about their parents death.....(as if no one had heard about it lol)

Im guessing they would have one since they were frugal and responsible enough to have the pension plan......would LOVE to kniw how much that was for tho

No I didn’t hear wrong but you obviously didn’t read my response. I said after they found SD they started using that same equipment near the dam. I agree that in the first ten days they searched for 2 miles but once she was found they searched everywhere in the lake for that head.

I’ll pm a moderator about starting a different thread for my lake video. No since in arguing in this thread.

Is the goal not to solve the case or it to now dispute everything?
I only remember they searched near their dock and where they found SD for, for RD's head, I remember the talk about all the tree stumps.....I also thought there was a video of part of the sonar search but It could be I just looked up something for a visual............

With the bruising that color it would seem they were killed like Thurs or Frid early instead of Saturday but there were emails Fri night and the puzzle that arrived on Fri was completed

I guess its not an exact science but also he was in a controlled environment which would take longer for decomposition

TIME.......she may not have risen.........but I agree as was discussed earlier in the thread in regard to the inheritance, it would just take longer

I only remember they searched near their dock and where they found SD for, for RD's head, I remember the talk about all the tree stumps.....I also thought there was a video of part of the sonar search but It could be I just looked up something for a visual............
It's 3 miles to the dam from where SD was found, a 2 mile radius from there would still be 2 more miles or a little less to the dam

Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member