The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Six Wives of Henry 8th, BBC 1970, Alistair Cooke.

The Six Wives of Henry VIII 1970 - BBC series - YouTube

I was riveted by this series back in the day.

Lion in Winter was the first film I ever saw in a film theater. Fabulous film.

I remember this! I watched it somewhere semi recently - in the last couple of years. There was also a PBS Masterpiece Theater show in 1971 regarding Queen Elizabeth I called Elizebeth R, with Glenda Jackson. Excellent show.

Both shows can be found on Britbox

Last edited:
Mice in Buckingham Palace.....not the first time according to the Victoria PBS show. At one point early in the show she/they wanted to move to Buckingham Palace. Then all the activity brought the mice out and chaos happened. It was actually a funny part of the show.

Royal Family Resemblance. Of course this isn't unique to the Royal Family, relatives that share DNA share physical features. Sometimes lots, sometimes few.
I agree that Charlotte looks very much like Kitty Spencer and Princess Diana during the preschool years.
Prince Charles and William along with Lord Federick windor (the nose and brow). Didn't realize how much William looks like Charles with the red/auburn beard.

Royals and their lookalike relatives – from Princess Charlotte to Princess Diana
View attachment 190710

I don’t see any resemblance between William & Harry and Charles, nothing.

Like beauty, noting familial resemblance must be in the eye of the beholder. I don't see the alleged family resemblances among the British royals. My Canadian dad looked more like Charles than either of the Prince's sons.

Some ramblings by me:

William is Diana through and through.
Harry, I think, has Spencer colouring and similarities to Philip.
Charlotte looks like the Queen does now, same face shape
Both Kate and Meghan look VERY like their mums, Meghan even more so recently
Beatrice and Eugenie take after their mum and dad, respectively
Prince Andrew looks like none of them. Rumours still abound about that one.
And god knows where Charles got his ears - nobody else has a pair quite like it!

More ramblings:

Been looking at Royal lookalikes, members of the public who look like them. I wouldn't be fooled by a single one!!

Weird though, given they have world-wide fame, that more lookalikey lookalikes haven't shown their faces.

Prince Harry and Meghan’s Frogmore Cottage Renovations Cost Taxpayers $3 Million

...Around $3 million of British taxpayers’ money was used to fix up Frogmore Cottage, though the renovations are more practical than many of the rumored additions. Frogmore first had to be converted back into a single-family home, as it had previously been turned into a five-unit property. The exterior walls, windows and doors were redone, heating and electrical systems were brought up to environmental standards, and interior features like ceiling beams and floors had to be replaced...

Harry and Meghan’s New Home’s Renovations Cost Over $3M, Outraged British Public Discovers

...Ceilings and floors were replaced along with the addition of new bathrooms, bedrooms, and a kitchen, the palace said.

Sir Michael Stevens, keeper of the Privy Purse, who is responsible for monarchy’s accounts, said: “The property had not been the subject of work for some years and had already been earmarked for renovation in line with our responsibility to maintain the condition of the occupied royal palaces estate.”...

Prince Harry & Meghan's Markle's Renovations to Frogmore Cottage Cost $3.05 million

...“The scheme consisted of the reconfiguration and full refurbishment of five residential units in poor condition to create the official residence for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and their family,” the report states.

The Queen’s Treasurer, Sir Michael Stevens—also known as the Keeper of the Privy Purse—told reporters that “the building was returned to a single residence, and outdated infrastructure was replaced to guarantee the long-term future of the property. Substantially all fixtures and fittings were paid for by their royal highnesses."...

Last edited:

That's alright if you don't see any resemblance.
No one has stated any resemblance between Harry and his brother and father because there isn't.

Prince Harry is the spit n' image of his grandfather. You can see the resemblance in the YOUNG Prince Phillip, and when the pictures are in COLOUR.

Prince William is a mixture of both his parents. William certainly has his paternal side's nose and brow, you do see it in the pictures of his father and Lord Frederick during a certain age. Looking at Prince Charles as he is now and then looking at William you won't see a match due to age. The features are there. Who knew Prince Charles had an auburn beard?

And an older Princess Anne, looks very much like an older Queen Mary.

It's about separate features: eyes, nose, brows, chin, etc.

This is new to me....
Media interviewer hanging up on Samantha Markle.
Had anyone else watchd this? I hope it was okay to post this.
Kyle Sandilands Hangs Up On Meghan Markle's Sister While Promoting Her Book
Of course it is :)

"He was outraged that she was 'using' her sister for fame" :eek:
“Then why didn’t you call the book my boring life?" he said. "Why’d you bring your sister into it? Urrrgh ... see you later, you sound like such a bore.
I’m not interested. Don’t use your sister’s name to trick media organisations into pushing your $**t book. :D
You’re gone.

See ya — what a loser
"
d26b138cf49f5d6a45ab70397ebf4e50.jpg

Mice in Buckingham Palace.....not the first time according to the Victoria PBS show. At one point early in the show she/they wanted to move to Buckingham Palace. Then all the activity brought the mice out and chaos happened. It was actually a funny part of the show.
Yeah - They'll have always been there, unseen, they've been replacing the boilers/heating system in the basement which will have caused all kinds of disturbances.
tenor.gif
Then there's also the complete rewiring of the Palace electrics, plumbing pipework....

:confused:Duke and Duchess of Sussex to take Archie with them on official visit to South Africa

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have revealed they will take their son Archie with them when they make an official visit to South Africa this autumn.

In addition, the Duke will visit Angola and Malawi at the request of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, but his wife will stay in South Africa with months-old Archie for the duration of the trip, it is understood.

oops-emoticon-vector-17648785.jpg

FFS...Who could possibly think releasing this not only before Archie's been christened but before there's even an official picture of the kid released?

Not to mention within days of the Royal family funding release which lets face it highlights to the British taxpayers the costs incurred for Harry & Meghans house !!! (& a royal-baby which they've refused the public any rights to even see o_O)

Who the hell could not have foreseen how this would be received by the public
e3be7e5c8dada9e748dd5340b94a3899-2.png
Seriously...WTF were they thinking??

*;) Comment in places like DM are both priceless & brutal!

Duke and Duchess of Sussex to take Archie with them on official visit to South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member