Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this is a clue ?

View attachment 190991

Possibly, but I don't think it's likely. I think it's a stale address. Looks like the current homeowner bought in 2017. B & B dates back to 2002 and a name associated with that entity in Utah's business records is associated with other moving/storage companies in Utah, and he's at a different address.

1) Usually if they consider you to be a flight risk then they will arrest you. Do they have enough or anything that they can hold him on at the moment?

As we say learned from the Brenda Delgado case, that is not always the case. She had family in Mexico. It was almost a given she'd flee to Mexico and she did just that.

I was wondering that, too. I don't really want anyone's used mattress, even if it is a relative/friend whom I know is clean, but especially don't want some random stranger's mattress that I found on the side of the road. Eww.

I got the impression that it was posted online as free and arrangements were made to come get it. But still....gross.

IMO - they will be able to find the person who picked up the mattress via digital trail. I was also thinking he dumped her - Great Salt Lake is close to the area. Once all test results have been completed, I believe a warrant will be issued for the POI. JMO.

In my opinion, dumping a body in the Great Salt Lake isn’t very likely. However, the Jordan River runs nearby to the residence and, sadly, has a history of having bodies dumped in it.

It's really not clear. In one paragraph you're discussing "just mentioning" what a victim is doing. That's very relevant to the case and should be part of the discussion.

In the same paragraph though you start talking about how people need to be warned about their activities.

So I think there's two different things going on. One is discussing what events might have led up to her disappearance. Fair.

The other is derailing the thread by continually wringing our hands and lecturing on how risky her lifestyle was and questioning her choices when there's been not one shred of evidence to indicate her lifestyle is any more dangerous than any other dating or social scenario young people get into these days- meeting people online and going off with them.

I've been on websleuths for almost two decades. Over and over we've seen case after case of young women victimized. Abducted while cleaning a lamp post in broad daylight. Abducted and killed while jogging (that happens a lot). Abducted and killed while walking to school. Abducted and killed when meeting up with an online date, abducted and killed when drunkenly mistaking a car for their Uber ride, abducted and killed after summoning a taxi driver, abducted and killed by acquaintances. By friends. By boyfriends. Husbands. Uncles.

It goes on and on and on.

This is the first case I've seen out of the THOUSANDS where someone involved in dating older men via a lifestyle has disappeared.

It's really not relevant to any heightened risk. Women are vulnerable, period.

I guess it's just human nature to try to figure out how such atrocities can be prevented. We are all scared for ourselves, our sisters, mothers, daughters and nieces. Etc. So we look for ways such things can be prevented. But we also desperately look for ways to place blame on the victim for her choices so we can feel comfortable that if we aren't doing the same thing, we are safe.

But we're not. No one is safe.

I just want to give you a big hi-five! Talking about the facts of a case or person such as their online dating etc. is one thing but when you attach emotional judgments such as using the words, "risky" or "reckless" is when it moves into victim blaming. The fact is all women, just regardless of our existence, are at risk. You could be wearing an oversized hoody in broad daylight in a park and still be the victim of a SA. You could be innocently coming out of a grocery store and be followed and murdered. You could be a wife of a man that wants out of the marriage for whatever reason and be killed, or, you could be using Tinder or other like apps and be met with an awful fate. Women face potentially being victims every day just because we are women. So, when MSM or others try to assert that lifestyle choices, clothing, where they were walking, etc. is in part why they became victims it is taking the responsibility off of the person who committed the crime and putting it on the victim. Stick to the facts it's essential to know how a person got to the place they did when looking at these cases but keep those judgments of risky or reckless out of it lest it turns towards victim blaming.

MOO: My gut feeling is that ML and this guy have had an ongoing friends with benefits sort of situation going on that nobody else was aware of. Lots of people do this. But my suspicion is that she became pregnant and wanted to keep the baby and he was against that.

ML looked like she had been crying at the airport and while that could have been about her grandma, it could also be about something overwhelming in her personal life. I think he lured her to meet him to discuss things in regard to this situation. Maybe they were getting close to the time limit on when an abortion could happen and he wanted her to look into it? I don’t know, but I don’t think this meet up had to do with drugs or just a casual hang out. It was planned and I think he intended on ending her life because she wouldn’t terminate. This is all speculation. MOO
If this was a friends with benefits situation I just don’t see them meeting at a park at nearly 3:00 am. Why not meet at the house? There’s something sketchy about the park meet up imo.

I was wondering that, too. I don't really want anyone's used mattress, even if it is a relative/friend whom I know is clean, but especially don't want some random stranger's mattress that I found on the side of the road. Eww.

I know it seems gross and many wouldn't want a used mattress but there are many people who can't afford a new mattress and do sleep on donated, thrift store or salvaged mattresses.

Edited to add: I know this is off topic but....New mattresses can have bed bugs. When the bed company drops off your new mattress, it may have been in a truck with a mattress that was taken out of someone's home. Also, there are many companies that will swap your mattress if it is uncomfortable up to 30 days-- they replace that mattress and put the uncomfy one on the truck. (Brand New Furniture with Bed Bugs? - Mass Bed Bug Busters, and Aurora man: New mattress came with bed bugs)

Last edited:
Police say homeowner is person of interest in missing Utah student case
3a2e535949

The owner of an Airbnb searched extensively by Salt Lake police is now considered a "person of interest" in the disappearance of missing University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck, Chief Mike Brown announced Thursday.

But as of midmorning Thursday, no arrests had been made and the man, 31, was released from police custody after being questioned by detectives.

Also Thursday, Brown announced that police were looking for a box springs and mattress that the homeowner listed for "free" on the website "LetGo" five days ago. The chief wants whoever claimed that mattress to contact his detectives.

[...]

Police were even seen digging holes in the backyard of the house in the Fairpark neighborhood at 547 N. 1000 West. A car was also towed away from the scene by police.

[...]

The house being searched is listed as an Airbnb. Police have not said what led them to that house. The man also used to live in North Salt Lake near Hatch Park, according to court records.

Neighbors said the man who owns the house is quiet and mostly keeps to himself.

[...]

I think you are correct. If any human remains had been found it would have been enough to keep him in custody.

Once arrested the clock immediately starts ticking. It's better to wait, and get it right rather than rushing.

Imo, since they are calling him a POI, and had enough probable cause to execute the warrants I think it's just a matter of time.

Imo, they have him under surveillance.

If they found any remains or what appears to be human remains such as loose teeth, charred bone fragments, etc. they will wait until DNA testing is completed so the victim can be positively identified.

They can't arrested him for murder until they identify irrefutably who the victim is by naming the victim on the charging indictment.

They can't assume who most likely is the victim. It must be confirmed.

They may have found what they believe to be more than one victim.

Prosecutors have three elements they must prove in all murder cases.

1. The positive identity of the victim or victims.

2. Their death was due to homicide..such as homicidal violence.

3. The accused is guilty BARD.

I don't think they have all of those required elements known to them yet.

Jmhoo

I got the impression that it was posted online as free and arrangements were made to come get it. But still....gross.
I've seen both so am not sure which is true. I'd think if someone contacted him through social media or a posting to get it, it would be a lot easier to track down who has it, though.

I don't get the feeling she's still at the house, based on how quickly the scene was processed and released. I suspect her belongings may be/have been. Perhaps that was what was burned.

There may have been physical evidence at the house that placed her there at some point (just guessing because of the ME van). All just my opinion.

There was one reporter that was really trying to get the Chief to state whether he though ML was deceased, but he wasn't taking the bait. I'm paraphrasing, but the reporter asked whether the Chief was "worried" about Kenzie to which the Chief replied, "of course."

A following question asked whether this was still a missing person case..., yes, per Chief. "An endangered missing person?" The Chief replied, "A Missing Person."

The way the Chief choked up when discussing Mr. Lueke makes me feel that he (the Chief) really isn't so optimistic. Again, JMO.

Well, he was a serial killer who terrorized an entire city.
I wouldn't suggest the public go crazy over this guy. (although it is a nice fantasy)
LE will put the pieces together soon, hopefully, judging by how careless he seems to be. Imo

Ahh, just a fantasy.

In my opinion, dumping a body in the Great Salt Lake isn’t very likely. However, the Jordan River Run nearby to the residence and, sadly, has a history of having bodies dumped in it.
The salt content in the Great Salt Lake keeps everything afloat. The Jordan is about a mile away. As a child, I played in Riverside Park with my cousins every summer.

We can ask the VI, although I have not seen her here since yesterday. (Can't remember her user name)
She may be a little busy now and likely very upset.
I'm so sorry for what you are going through, friends of Kenzie!

I honestly don't expect a response on this site but was just curious in general. Of course they should contact LE with any information.

I've seen both so am not sure which is true. I'd think if someone contacted him through social media or a posting to get it, it would be a lot easier to track down who has it, though.

I would think so too but maybe thats part of the lead. They do have a picture of the mattress so I was thinking they got tat from his social media. Does anyone know or are we allowed to say his name yet?

I'm not going to judge the person who took the mattress. I don't know how dire their financial situation may be. They may not have had any other option but to look for a free mattress. They may actually be the one to provide the needed evidence in this case! Hopefully they will contact LE and didn't steam clean it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member