Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018 *husband suspect* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad your reviving the case notes, because I agree with you this case is at a dead end, this was a carefully planned and executed crime and he definitely had help, I think the police should open a secondary investigation of the girlfriend, for obstruction .......

<modsnip: discussion of minors/children is off limits as per TOS>

And since we are taking your lead and re-examining this case, I need to know one thing that has been baffling me...

The missing $4000.00 , that William claimed, was this theft real, did he create a theft to make Cheryl look bad, or is this all a made up lie as a diversion, I tend not to believe a single thing the suspect has to say...

And yes the public’s interest in this case is fading , I see it around Riverside, the green Cheryl a Strong signs are disappearing off lawns, the missing persons poster on the board at the Kroger is torn and tattered, and I imagine the money is running out for the billboard too...

Do the local police read our posts to get our take on this case......

If we don’t revisit the highlights of this case , I fear the life of Cheryl is lost forever like many other missing persons, it’s a damn shame some bumbling idiot can commit a crime and our LE can’t solve it, my family was a victim of serious crimes not once but twice, so we know first hand..

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a detailed timeline on one of the missing facebook pages that states that Bill called police on 10/6 to say that $4,000 was missing and he happened to notice when he "replaced" some money from the vacation the day before.

According to Cheryl's sister-in-law, Bill showed Cheryl's mother the "alleged" text to gf from Cheryl ("if I weren't in the pic text) the day after Cheryl went missing. *Which, btw, the girlfriend told police she doesn't recall ever discussing these texts with Bill, so I find it interesting that he runs to Cheryl's mother with it almost immediately.

Then there's the police interview that literally paints Cheryl like a bipolar stripper, and Bill's on record TWICE with the media saying "I don't want to talk about theories because it may hurt my daughter."

So in my humble opinion, yes, he made the money theft up to make it appear that she left him and her entire life behind.

Discussing / questioning / challenging moderation on the thread is not allowed and is an automatic timeout.

This is Tricia's house and Tricia's rules. Those Rules are linked in my signature.

If you don't understand those rules, please private message a Mod or an Admin and we will try to clarify.

I see the Big find Cheryl billboard is gone, it was replaced by a shop selling fireworks, the Cheryl Strong yard signs are basically gone, I have only seen two missing persons posters for Cheryl, one at the Kroger store, and one in a shop window next to the USPS post office in the Airway Shopping Plaza...
The growing lack of interest in Cheryl’s case is directly tied to the INACTION of LE....
To me the primary suspect is not the brightest bulb in the box, still very immature in being a husband and father, ......but he did outsmart LE....

I keep wanting to get a membership at Costco, but I just can’t get past the knowledge that a prime suspect in a missing persons and presumed dead case of his wife and the GF are employed there, it just turns my stomach that the two of them are flaunting we got away with something attitude.
I did call Costco corporate and relayed my feelings of them harboring a murder suspect, I know their hands are tied legally , but MORALLY , there not , the suspect needs a good shakeup in his life to revive this case..
I was wondering if I should go down to the Riverside PD with my Swiffer Duster, and dust the dirt off the file......

LOL about the swiffer duster, omg that's funny.

I'm very sad that the billboard is gone. My only assumption would be that she's probably not walking around out there injured, and LE's pretty much deemed it a homicide and who's likely responsible, and the couple of months it's been up has not produced any further information to LE.

All I can say about Costco is that they cannot make decisions based on morality and leave themselves open for a lawsuit. He's not been arrested. He shows up for work. I've said it before -- it is almost impossible to get fired from Costco. You either have to have a mountain of write-ups and suspensions for being late or no shows, OR get caught stealing. Even if he gets taken into custody, it would not surprise me if they were to keep his seat open on the chance he gets acquitted.

I am heart broken for her family. I wish LE had released the video a LOT sooner than they did...could have jogged a lot of people's memories as to where they were that day and what they observed.

I really thought a couple of things he said on the radio interview may have helped to tip the scales for LE to roll the dice on this one. Sigh. They will not find the body I'm afraid.

I have read this case notes from every source I could find and I seriously believe in my heart she was disposed in the landfill....

Example the incident that took place last week when they found a man still alive in the trash just prior to the trash was going to be compacted,
I think and this is my opinion , that the prime suspect bagged Cheryl up very well, put her in a dumpster and she was compacted and disposed of , never to be seen again.....the man last week prior to be compacted was found by total accident, he should go out and buy a lottery ticket...
I don’t think Cheryl was that lucky, I think and it’s my opinion the trash route because the chances of Cheryl being found is NIL, I have a better chance of getting struck by lightning, ( but I can’t say that too loud my family were almost hit by the tornados, we lucked out by one street)....

Question, do you think the LE should start bringing him in for unscheduled “sit downs” to go over his statement , and check his credibility and just maybe he will slip .....

Our luck with this case is Cheryl’s only witness was probably blown away by the tornado..

And I just realized today, that the apartments on Burkhart between Spinning and Woodman roads were damaged by the tornados, they were extremely close to Cheryl’s home, and her moms.....

I think the fact that LE publicly labeled him the suspect makes their chances of having him willingly answer questions at this point zero.

How many times have we seen this? She just filed for divorce shortly before she disappears and the husband has a girlfriend. LE noticed swollen knuckles and wounds on elbows during initial interview. A man in a hoodie is seen walking from the vicinity of where her car is dumped and the same hoodie man is seen by two people walking towards Cheryl's neighborhood, obviously trying to shield his identity. Further videos show the same hoodie man behind the Coker residence, walking towards the Coker residence.

And didn't a neighbor witness Bill "working" on Cheryl's work vehicle that morning, around the same time he told the radio interviewer that he was asleep?

Maybe it's time to re-interview neighbors and mutual friends of the Cokers. Maybe LE can make a direct appeal to the public or certain businesses for something specific they're needing?

I'm used to hurricanes, which often are accompanied by tornados. These events are always followed by weeks and sometimes months of mass cleanup with heavy machinery digging up people's yards trying to move debris. Then there's the next wave of heavy machinery moving in to rebuild, replant, re-fence, repair, re-sod, etc. At first I figured the tornados would help in the discovery, but it may have made it infinitely worse as partial remains could have been moved and dumped without notice.

Wyome , I like your thought process, and I do agree that LE needs to start doing something, the sad thing is the Ohio Attorney General missing person list , lists three (3) other Riverside residents who disappeared before Cheryl, and their disappearances are NEVER MENTIONED, and being a Riverside resident ( and there are times I feel like I need a paper grocery bag over my head, because of the b/s I see everyday, ) I never knew these three others were missing until I saw the list, pretty sad, ...

And unless we keep analyzing and digging into this case , Cheryl will end up the same way.

And as per the tornado damage, I have been through these neighborhoods, and the damage is mind boggling, current FEMA estimates about One Billion Dollars in loss.....

But this is important the majority of this damage was East and North of Cheryl’s home, in areas so populated with homes, apartments and business that disposing a body in these areas is out of the picture..

The one other thing that is upsetting some people is we had a young man turn up missing from a Yellow Springs ( a small town about 10 miles from Riverside) and his decomposed body was found in a park near Yellow Springs, the disturbing part is the Montgomery Cty Sheriff is offering a $5000.00 reward to find out who murdered him...
Why wasn’t reward money used by the police in Cheryl’s case??

I thought I read many months earlier on one of the missing facebook pages that the family was asked NOT to put up reward. Friends, family...if you read here, please contribute to this thread and help refresh some memories and keep the record straight!

I have on another site communicated directly with Cheryl’s sister and closest friends, and offered my families sympathy in their ordeal, but believe me there is a tone of dissatisfaction, and discouragement, with the progression of this case...
I spoke of my families 30 year journey to get justice for my moms Aunt Mabel, that you as the family has to stay in the drivers seat, with LE , you have to pester the living hell out of them or your case will be forgotten....

I have called Costco corporate and exercised my disgust of a them having a prime suspect in a missing persons/ murder case as a MORAL issue, I know legally their stuck, they stated they have received other individuals concerns with this topic, so corporate is highly aware of the hotbed there sitting on....

I want to revisit the text that William sent Cheryl on September 24, 2019 that has been reported to read: ‘thanks for putting the nail in my coffin i’m going to be making 1750 if they put me in a clerk position 1650 if there’s nothing available thanks’. Cheryl actually quotes this entire text to a co-worker:

A couple of things stick out to me

I even suggested to them instead of a billboard, invest those funds in hiring a private investigator to investigate this case from the Florida Trip to present, maybe a set of fresh eyes can see things that are hidden in plain sight...
They the family needs to take control of the drivers seat and start pushing hard to find their loved one, because the current drivers of the vehicle are asleep at the wheel.....

Sorry format troubles.

One: Getting a divorce is something Costco doesn't care about, even if it's with a coworker. So there's no reason for him to be texting her about serving him divorce papers. HE WOULDN'T GET DEMOTED for that. So that begs the question, did she know of something that he was doing (illegally?) that may help her in her divorce and possibly be serious enough for Bill to be demoted? A "nail in the coffin" seems to be a ridiculous overstatement for being served with divorce...He's not going to die from this, and he apparently has a very stable, long-term girlfriend.

Secondly: Cheryl sent a copy of "his" text to co-workers, surmising he got served. “I think he got served today cuz I just got this text from him". She clearly confided in co-workers because if I recall correctly, there were several of them in the loop and on the group text. Not one of the co-workers questioned in the group text "why would he be demoted for being served divorce papers?" If I'm a betting man, I'd say the co-workers know a great deal and need to be revisited.

Or Bill played the violins in his text to Cheryl thinking she would believe he'd be demoted because he was dating a co-worker and back out?

I think William was playing “HEAD GAMES” with Cheryl , over a threat of demotion..

Also I having been trying to go through our discussions, does anyone know or remember a discussion about William also having a Son working at Costco, and he was lying to the store by stating he was his Nephew.....

If this Turns out to be a true statement, it’s starts to show a pattern of where he’s bending the truth to cover his tracks..

Does anyone know is there anything at Costco that could get you demoted, the only thing I thought that might let’s say for discussion purposes William lied on his resume or application, and let’s say Cheryl was going to report it, and the job he was hired for was determinate on past skills or education, that was the driving factor on his hourly wage, or would Costco just fire him instead....

Does anyone remember the day Cheryl went missing and William was working on her work vehicle, what are the details about that incident, to how the vehicle made it back to Cheryl’s employer that fateful day.
Did someone from her employer come to the house, what was Williams attitude when it was picked up , I can’t seem to find any more info on this..

I think William was playing “HEAD GAMES” with Cheryl , over a threat of demotion..

Also I having been trying to go through our discussions, does anyone know or remember a discussion about William also having a Son working at Costco, and he was lying to the store by stating he was his Nephew.....

If this Turns out to be a true statement, it’s starts to show a pattern of where he’s bending the truth to cover his tracks..

Does anyone know is there anything at Costco that could get you demoted, the only thing I thought that might let’s say for discussion purposes William lied on his resume or application, and let’s say Cheryl was going to report it, and the job he was hired for was determinate on past skills or education, that was the driving factor on his hourly wage, or would Costco just fire him instead....

My understanding is that Costco can demote you for incompetence (long paper trail would have to precede) or improper behavior at work which I suppose COULD include improper affair at work if Cheryl made known to employer and Bill was management. But I thought he was front end supervisor, part-time, so that's way off. People in the know -- please chime in to correct!

I kind of suspected Bill got demoted for lying about a forklift injury, which Costco would take VERY seriously....but that would have come later in the time line.

I've learned through the fb group that Bill does have a son that works at Costco. Part of twin sons I believe from an early relationship. Someone who works with Bill said he calls him his nephew, probably because of nepotism rules.

I even suggested to them instead of a billboard, invest those funds in hiring a private investigator to investigate this case from the Florida Trip to present, maybe a set of fresh eyes can see things that are hidden in plain sight...
They the family needs to take control of the drivers seat and start pushing hard to find their loved one, because the current drivers of the vehicle are asleep at the wheel.....

They do need a fresh set of eyes.
These detectives seem to have very good intentions, but I swear one of them looks 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member