Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #12 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not much of an expert on smart phones. I stopped getting data on mine. I'm pretty sure that google and Apple have locations services that can be turned on/off at will. And that these locations are stored and easily accessible if you choose.
Thank you for that info. That would explain it.

I'm not much of an expert on smart phones. I stopped getting data on mine. I'm pretty sure that google and Apple have locations services that can be turned on/off at will. And that these locations are stored and easily accessible if you choose.
There are two ways in which your cell phone gives away your location. The first way is through the "Location" feature which uses GPS (satellites that triangulate your location at all times). You can allow apps to use the Location feature. You can easily turn the Location feature off.
The second way is through cell towers. If someone calls or texts you, that person's phone sends a signal to a cell tower close to them, not necessarily the closest, but the one that has the strongest signal, and that cell tower passes the call through the network until it arrives at the cell tower closest to you that has the strongest signal. And that tower passes the call to your phone. This is less precise, but it is easy enough to tell if you are at home or several miles from home, if someone should call or text you when you are on your journey.

Last edited:
I can't figure out the volunteering of the phone. I am guessing LE could have gotten pings from the phone company? But it seems like the actual phone would be even better/more evidence? If I was a killer, I think I would have "lost" the phone. I can't figure the stupidity of carting the phone around with him most of the time. A burner phone wouldn't have been a good idea unless he only used it to communicate with MT and he was sure of her loyalty. IMO.

FD thought he was smarter than everyone else and agreed to hand LE the phone. What he did not know, was that LE was going to keep the phone.

No Doubt in my mind, that LE got the pings from the cell phone Company. That is how they also determined that MT's phone pinged right along with FD's in the Hartford Area. I do not think LE found anything of substance on the phone.

IMO, there is no way that FD took that phone to NC with him on that Friday. Or, at least, not while it was on. No, I still think he left it at 4JC so that it would ping there and mislead LE. He was trying to make it look like he never left Farmington.

Agree, volunteering the phone was very odd. Aside from him actually being innocent, the only way I can make sense of it is superficial cooperation -- trying to appear innocent. I'd like to know what would have happened if LE got a chance to question him that day. You would think he would have been willing to talk since he went to NCPD. JMO.
Keep in mind NP is the only source that said he voluntarily gave up his phone. His attorney was present when he handed it over. According to Norm his attorney asked for it back and LE said NO. Norm actually called it THEFT. MOO.

Okay, here’s the video driving on Mountain Spring. Dropbox - Video Jun 29, 1 02 19 PM.mov - Simplify your life
Oh Wow @Mrs. M ! Thank you so much for this! It is beautiful! I love your soundtrack too, but I worry about you! Next time you need your own film crew or at least a copilot!
Thank you so much for going the extra mile to film this for us, to download an app so that you could upload it for us, upload it for us, and the post the link!
¡Muchas Gracias! You’re the best!!!

Keep in mind NP is the only source that said he voluntarily gave up his phone. His attorney was present when he handed it over. According to Norm his attorney asked for it back and LE said NO. Norm actually called it THEFT. MOO.
The arrest warrant affidavit states that FD "provided his Apple iphone" to the Detective who "seized it" under the belief that it contained evidence of a crime/missing person. If it was not initially voluntarily given to the Detective I think the affidavit would just say that the Detective seized the phone. That's my opinion.

"I hope everything will end nicely"?

Furreal?! Now that my brother and his sidepiece have travelled through Hartford spreading Jennifer's DNA on bloody sponges amongst the townfolk's garbage cans ON CAMERA....I hope everything will end nicely?

There must be something in that Greek water, Rena.

(As in, Nicely for Rena...)

Thank you so much for taking the time to do the drive by photography and to upload these great photos @Mrs. M !

I’m actually surprised no one has vandalized any of those nice white FoRe Gloop signs! Apart from the defendants in the present case, it seems like people in NC have really respected the process and trusted the system to play out in an orderly fashion. Many jurisdictions are not so kind to defendant/s’ properties in these kinds of cases.

FD never deserved New Canaan.
He did t deserve Farmington or Avon either. I saw on the FORE site when it had a space for reviews , people from town who he did business with were slamming him - even the banker

And... LE will obtain a cell phone history covering a few days before and a few days after JD's "disappearance". If there is, say, a six hour window of time on May 24 where there is NO activity on his phone (he turned it off), that will look VERY suspicious. MOO

There are two ways in which your cell phone gives away your location. The first way is through the "Location" feature which uses GPS (satellites that triangulate your location at all times). You can allow apps to use the Location feature. You can easily turn the Location feature off.
The second way is through cell towers. If someone calls or texts you, that person's phone sends a signal to a cell tower close to them, not necessarily the closest, but the one that has the strongest signal, and that cell tower passes the call through the network until it arrives at the cell tower closest to you that has the strongest signal. And that tower passes the call to your phone. This is less precise, but it is easy enough to tell if you are at home or several miles from home, if someone should call or text you when you are on your journey.

Thanks. I always get lost with this stuff.
Does this apply if your phone is turned off?

I've wondered about why RD was facebook friends w/ GF. Were
the D's making an effort to befriend the Farbers at FD's sugggestion?
Maybe I'm just cynical but I've seen numerous examples of people
trying to befriend 'old' people right before they're ready to kick.
Sometimes they position themselves so it pays off.

On GF’s public Facebook post, she specifically says that FD set it up for her. And based on her extremely limited activity, she never used it.

Oh Wow @Mrs. M ! Thank you so much for this! It is beautiful! I love your soundtrack too, but I worry about you! Next time you need your own film crew or at least a copilot!
Thank you so much for going the extra mile to film this for us, to download an app so that you could upload it for us, upload it for us, and the post the link!
¡Muchas Gracias! You’re the best!!!
I had my eyes on the road the whole time and my son in the backseat making sure of it! I did slow down near the house driveway, but there was a black, shiny sports car parked across the street facing the driveway so I got out of Dodge.

Excellent sleuthing. I'm curious though that when we looked at the tax log I don't think we saw any other properties that he owed property tax on to the town of Farmington. Are the properties you photographed in Farmington and do we think they belong to FORE/FD?
I’m pretty sure they are actually in Avon . I think JC is in Avon really too. The line is very close there

This sister's response is off the wall! Either she is so brilliant she lives in another world or a professional writer composed this letter for her. IMO.

Will she be surprised when her eyes are opened to the facts of who her brother is, and how he has lied to his family for thirty years. He is not the successful entrepreneur in the United States who she has bragged about.

Any brother who has been arrested and charged as he has, must make a sibling begin to ask questions within herself, as to what’s happened to my brother? Of course, she doesn’t know US law, so that is confusing, but she should have many questions. IMO.

Her eyes will never be opened.

I’m pretty sure they are actually in Avon . I think JC is in Avon really too. The line is very close there
It really is. Just off of Deercliff Rd in Avon. Just that little slice of Jefferson Crossing puts it in the Farmington zip code.

I just don't know about this - I know the divorce and litigation was contentious but there is a possibility that one of the kids texted FD to tell him they could not locate JD - I'm trying to figure out what prompted that 7pm run to Hartford - it seems to me it was done very haphazardly - almost like - "oh crap, they know - I've got to get rid of this clean up evidence".. so what made them go at 7pm - she was reported missing around that time - and LE was at her door by the time he was on his way theto Hartford IIRC. Something is going on between 5-7pm and I am trying to figure out what it could be. I just think he was tipped off about her not arriving at her mom's after that last appointment IMO. Can't wait to see the phone records.
Remember that he planned that it would seem like she was abducted at Waveny- so he was probably planning to pick up the kids-too soon for them to be onto him- as was originally planned on Saturday morning in NC expecting LE to still be scratching their heads and searching at Waveny. Thus the excited call to the GAL Saturday morning, have you heard the news? FD was not worried about being a suspect yet, thinking all evidence had been disposed of. In that phone call he told the GAL he had alibis. He’s a narcissist, so expecting that he’s smart enough to pull this off and then go pick up the kids like nothing happened.
I’m sure the GAL, given his mandate, was never going to let FD near the kids Saturday as planned. I’m also sure that GF contacted the GAL as soon as they realized JD was missing since FD and kids had a supervised visit scheduled for Sat am in NC and there was no way she was going to let that happen. And of course LE would have been very interested to talk to the GAL early on, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419