Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes sounds like panic mode. Why would he not bring her burned personal items to the Canyon also?

Well, the obvious reason is that he was in a big hurry, he knew the cops were coming and he was completely panicked (good). His lack of mental sharpness throughout is astonishing.

The other reason could be that in his narcissistic mind, a found body in the woods couldn't be traced back to him, since in his mind, he had destroyed the body's identity.

I believe that had he been one iota more careful, we would be witnessing the origins of a serial killer. Of course, he may be a serial killer, we don't know yet.

I can't imagine them being able to know that with a burned corpse. Maybe the mattress would help or her clothes, jmo

Well, LE was able to determine that her hands were bound behind her back with a zip tie, so perhaps his fires weren't effective enough to destroy internal tissue, and perhaps a determination could be made. If the zip tie was still there, maybe internal tissue would yield answers. I guess it depends on where/how much gas was used. MOO.

ETA: He apparently didn't completely get rid of part of her scalp, hair, and bone fragments with his fires either. Another thing he's a failure at. Moo.

Last edited:
Charred body of slain college student was bound in shallow grave
The charred body of slain University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck was discovered bound in a shallow grave, prosecutors said Wednesday as formal charges were filed against her suspected killer.

[...]

Her charred remains were found on July 3 in Logan Canyon, Gill said. Ajayi's phone was near Logan Canyon on June 25, Gill said.

Lueck's remains were discovered in a shallow grave in a wooded area with her arms bound behind her back by a zip tie and rope, Gill said.

A hole was found on her skull with part of her scalp missing, Gill said. An autopsy determined she suffered blunt force trauma to her head, Gill said.

[...]

Lueck's last text to Ajayi was at 2:58 a.m.; her phone was turned off at 2:59 a.m. and never powered back on, the district attorney said.

Ajayi's phone was back at his home at 3:07 a.m., Gil said.

[...]

A freshly dug site was found by Ajayi's garage. It was there that police found a human bone, part of a scalp with hair, a phone and charred personal items, Gill said.

[...]

A gasoline can was found in the trunk of his car, Gill said.

Ajayi's first court appearance will likely be this week, Gill said.
well now we know about the texting. I still believe he knocked her out and he is the one who turned her phone off. JMO

Ok, must have missed that LE were aware on the 25th that he went to the canyon on the 25th. LE only recovered her body from Logan Canyon on July 3 (I think that was the day), so I thought that meant that they had been waiting on information from his cell phone provider to get the location data from his phone, to lead them to Logan Canyon.
I'm not sure if they said that they became aware on the 25th that he took her body there that day.
Did they specifically mention when they discovered this? I thought they meant at some point after looking at the phone data they saw that he had been there. Imo

Was there ever any clarification as to whether or not he had built the secret room on his own? After the contractor refused. remember some talk about sheet rock looking patched and new. Maybe he did get a secret room together to hide her in for a few days.

The DA talked a lot about the necessary sequence of events. So, here’s one example. They discover that he’s the last one who communicated with ML. They talk to him and he lies to them. Now they get a warrant to search his place. We know now what they found. They get a warrant for his phone pings. That points them ‘to the vicinity of Ligan Canyon.’ I cant swear that those were his exact words, but it was something like that, All this takes time.
Yes, I agree with you. My response above was to someone who suggested that LE followed AA on the 25th to Logan Canyon, which I don't think has been said in any presser, and doesn't really make sense to me.

here's a thought - if she gets in his car - he hits her with his right connecting with her left side of the head - he thinks he has simply knocked her out - he zip ties her so when she wakes up she can't move - then carries her into the house - there's a reason he got rid of the mattress IMO - I think she may have been incapacitated completely by that blow - or if that didn't kill her, he made sure she was gone shortly after bringing her in the house. JMO. I don't want to think she suffered much.

Personally, I do not think he could (especially from a sitting position) possess the strength to crush the side of her skull with a blow from a hand. "Blunt force" doesn't usually mean "human hand" anyway.

Was there ever any clarification as to whether or not he had built the secret room on his own? After the contractor refused. remember some talk about sheet rock looking patched and new. Maybe he did get a secret room together to hide her in for a few days.
He might've, but since he was starting his burn pit within hours of picking her up, I don't think she had to endure a few days with him. At least there's that.

Listening to the questions during the PC, it’s irritating that reporters keep hammering on a supposed lag in looking for MK. She was an adult and may have decided to leave on her own. Law-enforcement can’t just delve into someone’s life until there’s reason to believe that person is in danger. They began the investigation after it became apparent that she didn’t walk away on her own.

She wasn’t reported missing until the 20th, and was already dead by then. An early investigation might have helped some victims, but not Kenzie.

I thought the timeline was interesting. She powered down her phone, or someone did, at 3:59 AM. It almost sounded like it may have been powered down before or as she left the Lyft car. I feel sure we’ll hear clarification of that at some point.

He purchased the gas can at 9 a.m. on the 17th, before starting the fire, so he was not prepared to do that beforehand.

It only took AA six or seven minutes to get home after picking up MK. I feel that he took her inside alive and whatever happened, happened in the home. I hope there is surveillance near the home that shows if she was able to enter on her own. I don’t believe he did anything to her in the car except possibly subdue her — and I truly believe everything that happened took place at the house. It seems doubtful that he would have been satisfied by a quick kill in the car.

Happy to hear that no deals have been made but the response to the question about that was vague — it sounds a bit like AA did offer some info about her body.

It’s obvious this case has had a dramatic impact on LE and the prosecution. This was an excellent press conference and I’m sure it was difficult to cover such a horrific act.

JMO

I am just sickened by the information provided during the press release. I wonder what AJ's Mother's sentiments are, or will be, now.

I believe with the post a ways above regarding him relocating her charred remains once he was notified by officials that they wanted to speak with him.

I also believe, if he has not killed before, he would have continued on to be a serial killer. I also believe that the Ethiopian upbringing he had is a factor due to the harsh treatment and lack of respect toward women, by men, in general in Ethiopia.

Given her hands were bound and he discarded a mattress and boxspring I suspect that MacKenzie did suffer, some unspeakables, at the hands of this Monster before he killed her.

The fact that he was arrested at an Apt. of a friend and not at his residence tells me he was going to attempt to flee. I believe his every move was being followed by LE after he was taken in for an interview.

I hope he does get the death penalty as he deserves it.

All MOO ....and speculation.
He is apparently from Nigeria.
But I do wonder if he really did witness a human being burned alive during his childhood, and that's what gave him the idea. Imo

A blow to her head that would leave a portion of her skull missing seems to be excessive and messy to just incapacitate her in his car at the park.

That combined with the zip ties make me speculate he just subdued her at the park and waited until he was home to crush her skull with such a forceful blow.

I wish it had been quick for ML but the details released today point to her being alive at least until they got to his home but not past 9am that same morning she was taken because of the gas can purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa