OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as facts go, has LE even said that there was a phone call?

I don't think that LE has confirmed there was a call. In fact LE has verified very little information for some reason.

But I have to believe that LE has verified the call was actually made. Because if LE found there never was a call, this would show BD was lying, and put all the events of that night into question.

Did the podcast have any new/different info/theories? tia!

Mods, Please delete if not allowed:
It's worth a listen but no new theories, really. There were a few things I hadn't heard before such as his parents have hired a private investigator (as many hoped they had), that his voice was recorded on Google directions during the time he was on his walk and that he didn't necessarily sound intoxicated, that he had received a text message from an old girlfriend during the evening which could've started the disagreement/heated argument and his need to "cool off". It was said that the hosts spoke at length with BD and the friend, SH, but it sounded as if they had not spoken with other family members or coworkers or anyone else.

New article:

The disappearance of Tyler Davis and the rise of the true crime complex (Sorry if I’ve formatted this improperly or if this isn’t actually new.)

It includes comment from an officer with CPD. I found this quote interesting:

“There are so many competing forces involved in this, and it’s almost taken on a life of its own,” Weaver said. “It’s hard to discern between valid information and armchair quarterbacks who read into things that just aren’t true. ... It is an active investigation, and we are continuing to follow leads, but other than that I do like to remain pretty tight-lipped.”

Also:

“Weaver said at least one of CPD’s detectives still handles the Tyler Davis case every day, and the investigation has included, among other methods, social media analysis, witness interviews and collection of cellphone data. While Weaver couldn’t offer specifics, he did say that “we were able to extract some information from [Tyler’s] phone.””

Last edited:
New article:

The disappearance of Tyler Davis and the rise of the true crime complex (Sorry if I’ve formatted this improperly or if this isn’t actually new.)

“There are so many competing forces involved in this, and it’s almost taken on a life of its own,” Weaver said. “It’s hard to discern between valid information and armchair quarterbacks who read into things that just aren’t true. ... It is an active investigation, and we are continuing to follow leads, but other than that I do like to remain pretty tight-lipped.”

Also:

“Weaver said at least one of CPD’s detectives still handles the Tyler Davis case every day, and the investigation has included, among other methods, social media analysis, witness interviews and collection of cellphone data. While Weaver couldn’t offer specifics, he did say that “we were able to extract some information from [Tyler’s] phone.””
Thank you for those direct quotes from LE. I've read summaries of what LE said before, but I've don't recall ever seeing direct quotes from LE about this case.

A local publication has a story about Tyler's disappearance and the online communities that have sprung up to discuss it. In addition to BD's Facebook page, there are two other Facebook pages. One was created because the creator got banned from BD's page, and the 3rd one was created because they did not like they way the 2nd page was being run. The article makes these online communities seem like bus wrecks. I have not been on any community about TD except this one on WS, so I can't really say how a bad or good they are myself. I think we do a pretty good job of supporting the fact that BD and TD are victims, and should be considered so until new evidence points in another direction. As of now, I think an accident is the most plausible explanation, followed by foul play by an unknown 3rd party.

The disappearance of Tyler Davis and the rise of the true crime complex

Near the hotel, is there not a small area with trees; Not a woods?

What was said on the alleged phone calls: Aren't those statements made by the wife and not LE?

The area around the hotel has been repeatedly searched. Isn't it likely that Tyler was removed from the area not long after being dropped off
by Uber?

As far as facts go, has LE even said that there was a phone call?

No!! L.E. has said absolutely NOTHING at all about Tyler, the evidence, or lack of, nothing about who's been cleared and who hasn't, nor have they shared any pictures/images of Tyler from anywhere that night/early am. L.E. has been pretty silent imo, they haven't given any statements or press releases or verified when/where he was last seen by whom & what he was wearing. I find it very curious as I haven't seen another case similar to this one.

No!! L.E. has said absolutely NOTHING at all about Tyler, the evidence, or lack of, nothing about who's been cleared and who hasn't, nor have they shared any pictures/images of Tyler from anywhere that night/early am. L.E. has been pretty silent imo, they haven't given any statements or press releases or verified when/where he was last seen by whom & what he was wearing. I find it very curious as I haven't seen another case similar to this one.

Yes, where are the images from that night?

I think about his family. They must be much more frustrated than us strangers online.

I do wonder if they are so quiet and not forthcoming in discussion of the case due to what seems to be more than that city's fair share of missing young men and unsolved murder cases. Speculation only

A local publication has a story about Tyler's disappearance and the online communities that have sprung up to discuss it. In addition to BD's Facebook page, there are two other Facebook pages. One was created because the creator got banned from BD's page, and the 3rd one was created because they did not like they way the 2nd page was being run. The article makes these online communities seem like bus wrecks. I have not been on any community about TD except this one on WS, so I can't really say how a bad or good they are myself. I think we do a pretty good job of supporting the fact that BD and TD are victims, and should be considered so until new evidence points in another direction. As of now, I think an accident is the most plausible explanation, followed by foul play by an unknown 3rd party.

The disappearance of Tyler Davis and the rise of the true crime complex

TBH they kind of are bus wrecks.

They are just not run well. The main one (run by the women who got kicked out of BD's group) is very spiteful, and they don't seem to care that much about factual information. The mods have fragile egos and lash out at people over nothing, which is ironically what they claim BD's facebook group does (which is also true)

One of the mods / creators wrote some posts which thoroughly confused me, and I asked for clarification and got put in time out essentially.
I can't remember what the first error was, but the second post she made which I questioned said something like:

"Fact: Tyler Davis never made it to the hotel"
Which I honestly took to mean he never made it there in the first place!

And so I questioned her on that, and she swore up and down that it was my fault for misinterpreting or misreading, and that's when I got put on mute for 48 hrs or whatever. She had meant he never made it back to the hotel.

Anyway, yeah they seem less concerned with being factually correct which could help find Tyler, than with everyone agreeing with them and not questioning anything.
Kind of sad.

New article:

Also:

Wait a minute...how could they extract information from his cell phone when he had his cell phone with him? Maybe they mean his cell phone records?

Near the hotel, is there not a small area with trees; Not a woods?

What was said on the alleged phone calls: Aren't those statements made by the wife and not LE?

Yes. LE has never confirmed anything or shared any specific info with the public about the case.
Removed... If he was even there.

The area around the hotel has been repeatedly searched. Isn't it likely that Tyler was removed from the area not long after being dropped off
by Uber?

Yes. LE has never confirmed anything or shared any specific info with the public about the case.
Removed... If he was even there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member