Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a little odd but if you look at it as he wasn't able to save her from dying there, but he is determined not to let the tree die. It is actually beautiful and sad.
Yes, I thought it was very touching that the neighbors are trying to establish a memorial there. It was the place where she died. It's just their way of turning a horrible tragedy into something positive in honor of her memory.
The property will never be his again, anyway. Imo

Geek evidence? Like fingerprints, DNA, cell phone locations, cause of death autopsy.

Luckily murder 1 in Utah does not require premeditation, only that it is murder and it happened while committing a felony.
So murder is the bar, and like being in the presence of a person with overdose symptoms, if you don't call 911, the charges go up to murder.

BBM:

Ha. Exactly.

I'll take "Geek Evidence" over "Geek Attorneys" any day of the week.

More pearls of wisdom from my man Kent:

All of this evidence is lacking an eyewitness as to what happened. All of this evidence requires you to draw inferences from the forensic evidence,” said Morgan.

Finally,! Something this guy and I can agree upon.

Unfortunately, what my man Kent apparently doesn't understand is that there are some pretty clear inferences that can be drawn from finding human bone and charred human tissue (with hair attached) in a burn pit located in the accused's back yard.

To say nothing of the inferences that can be drawn from a charred body bound w/ zip ties and rope being found buried in a shallow grave at the precise location where the accused murderer's phone led LE to search.

I mean, huuuuuuge stretch required here, I know, Kent, but I'm thinking the forensic evidence might, just might, be enough to convince a jury of 12 that AA is guilty.

Assuming all 12 jurors have a pulse, of course,

JMO.

Last edited:
You're welcome!

Also, IMO, SLCPD have done themselves and the case a serious favor by keeping a lid on their investigation. They've controlled the release of information and haven't had leaks and have always been very professional. I think an attorney would have a hard time claiming they've been unprofessional. I've actually been really impressed with them.

LE here us so tight lipped. It used to not be that way. But it sure has been in recent years.

He is eligible. Something is wrong he needs to follow up.

ETA because I hit enter too soon

RE: VA loans. If he joined 6 years ago and finished AIT 6 months later, he will be eligible 6 months from now. Benefits kick in upon graduation, not counting from the day of enlistment.

Also clarifying that the VA itself does not give loans, they secure them but still come from a regular lender like any other home loan. There's no way you could convince a bank to give you a VA loan without proof.

Last edited:
BBM:

Ha. Exactly.

I'll take "Geek Evidence" over "Geek Attorneys" any day of the week.

More pearls of wisdom from my man Kent:

All of this evidence is lacking an eyewitness as to what happened. All of this evidence requires you to draw inferences from the forensic evidence,” said Morgan.

Finally,! Something this guy and I can agree upon.

Unfortunately, what my man Kent apparently doesn't understand is that there are some pretty clear inferences that can be drawn from finding human bone and charred human tissue (with hair attached) in a burn pit located in the accused's back yard.

To say nothing of the inferences that can be drawn from a charred body bound w/ zip ties and rope being found buried in a shallow grave at the precise location where the accused murderer's phone led LE to search.

I mean, huuuuuuge stretch required here, I know, Kent, but I'm thinking the forensic evidence might, just might, be enough to convince a jury of 12 that AA is guilty.

Assuming all 12 jurors have a pulse, of course,

JMO.

Defense attorneys try to weaken prosecution case two ways:

1. Create doubt with alternative scenarios.
2. Mitigating factors, for instance panic.

That makes a lot of sense.
I was also thinking about those zip ties and the rope. I would think they would be badly burned after being in the fire. I wonder if they found remnants, or pieces of the material rather than her hands still being bound with them. Her arms would have still been in position behind her back due to rigidity from being burned, and finding traces of those materials may have indicated that he used them to bind her hands. That would also eliminate the possibility that he bound her hands afterwards, to carry her body.
Imo
They said her "arms" were bound behind her back with a zip tie and rope. I honestly don't think they'd say it if they really mean they drew this conclusion from the position of her arms and the presence of remnants of those items. It's too much to offer a defense team who will later say, he burned a bag of trash that was zip tied and an old rope was in the trash. Or something like that.

I really don't believe they would offer that info unless it's exactly how they found her and they have the pictures of that finding that will be introduced into evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley