Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #54 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baby K should be watching fireworks with her mama this Thursday. :(
How true Pommy, but I am so thankful the that the Berreth family is raising her in the same loving, nurturing environment that Kelsey was brought up in. Her being as far away from the crayzee Frazees is the only good thing to come out of this.

Could you even imagine the toxic environment in the F home? That little girl would have never been able to know anything good about her mother IMO.

Knowing about it isn’t a crime, as disgusting as that behavior is.

A deal is a deal, and as long as she honors the terms of it this is done.

As much as all of this rubs us the wrong way.

They need her though, and she’s already given them a lot.
I’m holding out hope that they’ve caught her in a lie that will negate her negotiated deal but not break the news to her until after she testifies.

This whole thing makes me sick...so many people were involved in taking this precious life. So many. And none of them spoke up. None of them thought of that child. None of them thought of that beautiful mother. I know for a fact there are people out there seeking justice for her. I know they will find her and bring her to rest for that baby and her parents. I know there is way more to this then the general public knows.....and it breaks my heart. But justice will be done! Justice for Kelsey!!

Since the defense has right to discovery, and likely had an Expert in the testing lab, I do not think the information being made public would hurt the case. However, it might minimize the potential bombshell nature it could give the jury. Depending on the nature of the outcome and what side you are routing for, it could be good to do that, or not.

On a somewhat related note I was watching Investigation ID the other night during one of my insomnia events. I was almost dumbfounded with two cases where the jury found the defendant guilty, despite what I thought was clear reasonable doubt. This led me to researching the percent of cases that end in a plea bargain, and was astounded to find that most sources say that 90% are plead out.
Criminal Cases

What I found even more amazing Was that of those ten percent that go to trial per this former District Attorney 90% of those end with a guilty verdict.
‘Not guilty’ remains a rarity in federal and state courts | News | Dallas News

What does that mean numerically? Well if you do the math 1 in 100 people charged with a crime will be found not guilty by the jury. I obviously questioned the numbers so I found this article by Pew Research:

Only 2% of federal criminal defendants go to trial, and most who do are found guilty

That makes a bit better odds because they account for trials being dismissed. So those numbers work out this way: Granted these are Federal numbers, but in the previous articles the states more or less mirror this.)
90% plea bargain
8% dismissed
2% go to trial
.4% of those charged actually were found not guilty by a judge or jury.

So I guess I always have so much fear that we will end up with another crazy bungled case, (OJ, Casey Anthony) but it would seem statistically that if a person is actually charged with a crime, the statistics say that it will have some form of guilt/punishment attached by plea or verdict. Well at least 91.6% of the time.

So, all that long explanation to simply say; I am not too worried about the results of the testing. I think they will only bolster what would be a pretty sure bet per the statistics, or simply be explained away like the other teeth found, they are unrelated.

MOO

Last edited:
Since the defense has right to discovery, and likely had an Expert in the testing lab, I do not think the information being made public would hurt the case. However, it might minimize the potential bombshell nature it could give the jury. Depending on the nature of the outcome and what side you are routing for, it could be good to do that, or not.

On a somewhat related note I was watching Investigation ID the other night during one of my insomnia events. I was almost dumbfounded with two cases where the jury found the defendant guilty, despite what I thought was clear reasonable doubt. This led me to researching the percent of cases that end in a plea bargain, and was astounded to find that most sources say that 90% are plead out.
Criminal Cases

What I found even more amazing Was that of those ten percent that go to trial per this former District Attorney 90% of those end with a guilty verdict.
‘Not guilty’ remains a rarity in federal and state courts | News | Dallas News

What does that mean numerically? Well if you do the math 1 in 100 people charged with a crime will be found not guilty by the jury. I obviously questioned the numbers so I found this article by Pew Research:

Only 2% of federal criminal defendants go to trial, and most who do are found guilty

That makes a bit better odds because they account for trials being dismissed. So those numbers work out this way: Granted these are Federal numbers, but in the previous articles the states more or less mirror this.)
90% plea bargain
8% dismissed
2% go to trial
.4% of those charged actually were found not guilty by a judge or jury.

So I guess I always have so much fear that we will end up with another crazy bungled case, (OJ, Casey Anthony) but it would seem statistically that if a person is actually charged with a crime, the statistics say that it will have some form of guilt/punishment attached by plea or verdict. Well at least 91.6% of the time.

So, all that long explanation to simply say; I am not too worried about the results of the testing. I think they will only bolster what would be a pretty sure bet per the statistics, or simply be explained away like the other teeth found, they are unrelated.

MOO
Thank you CDB! The stats you've provided reassure me that PF WILL be found guilty, as he should be. Too bad KK won't get what SHE rightfully deserves. Still hoping though that she sees the inside of a jail cell for minimum 18 months. One can hope, at least. JMO

To the best of my knowledge, Baby K has not had any contact with PF or SF since PF was arrested and Baby K went with the Berreths.

Six months and counting. That's good. Even if they gain visitation access at some later date, the less contact, the less bonding that will take place. Baby K is young enough now that I don't think she'll have any memories of dad or grandma.

Had lunch at Sonic today, which in turn prompted me to come check in on Kelsey's thread.
Sonic will always and forever be associated in my mind with this case now.

Been following another case on WS recently, one which features yet another genius murderer.
Someone (who shall here remain nameless) made a comment suggesting the perp in that case deserved the award for most stupid killer.

Of course, all of us here know that's impossible.

Inmate #2018001543 at the Teller Count Jail wins that competition, hands-down.
No contest.

Come to think of it, don't winners usually get tiaras?
Somebody should probably get PF a tiara to go with his pink bracelets.
Maybe KK can loan him hers from her 2008 Magic Valley Stampede Queen title.

Oh, that's right, I forgot: I think she wore a bedazzled stetson instead of a tiara.

Well, that might work, too.
Especially if the bling is pink. It will match his bracelets.

JMO.

Last edited:
When is the next court date?

Snipped from Tippy Lynn's Most Excellent Timeline Part 3, looks like the next court date will be:

August 23, 2019 - Friday
  • Motions Hearing 9:00 am

Since I mentioned it, as a point of interest for posters and lurkers alike, @Tippy Lynn's Timeline is attached to the first page of every new thread here.

Tip's Timeline is a phenomenal resource, providing comprehensive and sequential information regarding all things related to this case.

Given that we're not likely to have any earth-shattering revelations between now and the trial, I'm actually going back and reviewing the Timeline as well as the Search Warrants, Arrest Affidavit, and other court docs. just to try to keep the information stored away in my head.

Considering the copious amount of evidence PF has so helpfully provided to the DA, it's nearly impossible to memorize all of the pertinent facts. Thankfully, we have that Timeline as a written resource for quick reference.

Last edited:
I second that - huge thank you to Tippy Lynn for creating and maintaining the Most Excellent Timeline!

She's pulled it together out of all the conflicting and confusing evidence trickling out here, there and everywhere and the limitations on court room reporting. This is without doubt one of the most confusing cases I've ever tried to follow.

I wouldn't be surprised if DA May and Sam Kraemer sneak a peak at Tippy's Timeline on occasion, it's just that good.

:)

Next hearing for Frazee is 8/23 then 10/18 and trial starts 10/28.
Hearing for child on 9/5.
KK is back on 12/2.

Thanks Niner. I too have been away from the thread for a bit and have been wondering.

Lets hope they keep to that schedule. It wont be long now if they dont end up getting delays from either Defense or Prosecution.

I second that - huge thank you to Tippy Lynn for creating and maintaining the Most Excellent Timeline!

She's pulled it together out of all the conflicting and confusing evidence trickling out here, there and everywhere and the limitations on court room reporting. This is without doubt one of the most confusing cases I've ever tried to follow.

I wouldn't be surprised if DA May and Sam Kraemer sneak a peak at Tippy's Timeline on occasion, it's just that good.

:)

You really know how to make a girl feel good!!! Thank you for such a nice post. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa