Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #54 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to comment on that earlier. It was new to me that it had been turned off before her trip, because I was under the impression it was turned off after she found out she had a mess to clean up.

It amazes me why they just didn't get "throw away phones" from the beginning. Seems risky with phone data today. I mean that's how LE found KK in the first place. (But maybe again PF didn't think ahead).

IIRC, KK said she turned it off because her husband had access to her tracking information (on Google?) and she lied to him about where she was going.

BBM:

I've found that it's best practice never to attempt making sense of PF's actions, on account of they're largely senseless.

Apparently, he got an "idea" in his head at one point that he could make it look like KB disappeared herself.
He blurted out all these claims that would support that idea, like saying she had a substance abuse problem, had been in rehab, had told him she needed time alone, etc.

Unfortunately, PF didn't consider the fact that most of the venomous lies he spewed about KB could be fact-checked and verified.

And by verified here, I mean completely debunked.

JMO.

(bolding mine)

I can kind of understand his confidence. His local cronies bought his hogwash. He probably figured the police weren't any smarter.

Oops.

(bolding mine)

I can kind of understand his confidence. His local cronies bought his hogwash. He probably figured the police weren't any smarter.

Oops.

I hate to say it, but I'm not so sure about local LE in this case. They went to KB's home after her mom called them IIRC, and didn't see evidence of anything. It wasn't until KB's mom and brother got to her home and started looking around that they saw blood in the bathroom and called LE back out there. THEN they examined the home more thoroughly. All this is based on what I can remember from previously linked information we've learned, so if this is wrong, please correct it.

I hate to say it, but I'm not so sure about local LE in this case. They went to KB's home after her mom called them IIRC, and didn't see evidence of anything. It wasn't until KB's mom and brother got to her home and started looking around that they saw blood in the bathroom and called LE back out there. THEN they examined the home more thoroughly. All this is based on what I can remember from previously linked information we've learned, so if this is wrong, please correct it.

A lot of the blood wasn’t visible to the naked eye though. It’s frustrating, but I can understand how that could happen.

Especially considering there were no overt signs of foul play.

I previously criticized the CBI for not checking the rest of the house once they found blood all over the bathroom.

They did, but the luminol didn’t react. It was only after KK told the truth, that law enforcement found blood splatter under the floorboards and under some chairs.

Live blog: Patrick Frazee appears in court for preliminary hearing

Last edited:
A lot of the blood wasn’t visible to the naked eye though. It’s frustrating, but I can understand how that could happen.

Especially considering there were no overt signs of foul play.

I previously criticized the CBI for not checking the rest of the house once they found blood all over the bathroom.

They did, but the luminol didn’t react. It was only after KK told the truth, that law enforcement found blood splatter under the floorboards and under some chairs.

Live blog: Patrick Frazee appears in court for preliminary hearing

I picture KK throwing anything and everything in bags during the clean-up so I imagine, if anything, the condo looked remarkably well ordered to LE and they just made a cursory (is that a word? I'm going with it) inspection. Nothing thrown around, no drawers open.....it's all good.

I do wonder why there was no odor of bleach though I imagine KK could have left the scented candles burning. It would be interesting to know if burnt-out candles were there when the Berreths arrived.

It makes sense that the area under the floor boards covered with blood would be large since it was enough to determine that Kelsey died and to justify the warrants.

I picture KK throwing anything and everything in bags during the clean-up so I imagine, if anything, the condo looked remarkably well ordered to LE and they just made a cursory (is that a word? I'm going with it) inspection. Nothing thrown around, no drawers open.....it's all good.

I do wonder why there was no odor of bleach though I imagine KK could have left the scented candles burning. It would be interesting to know if burnt-out candles were there when the Berreths arrived.

It makes sense that the area under the floor boards covered with blood would be large since it was enough to determine that Kelsey died and to justify the warrants.

Even if it wasn’t large, it corroborated what KK said.

So they wouldn’t need blood in a huge quantity, which is a good thing.

She also pointed out blood splatter in other locations, and Slater told the court that based on his experience, it was blood.

I’m sure lab results will confirm that this is in fact blood, and it’s Kelsey’s.

4:15 p.m.

State reiterates that testing of certain possible blood spots, which Kenney pointed out, is not complete yet. But Slater touts his 30+ years in law enforcement to say he believes those spots are indeed blood.

Even if it wasn’t large, it corroborated what KK said.

So they wouldn’t need blood in a huge quantity, which is a good thing.

She also pointed out blood splatter in other locations, and Slater told the court that based on his experience, it was blood.

I’m sure lab results will confirm that this is in fact blood, and it’s Kelsey’s.

4:15 p.m.

State reiterates that testing of certain possible blood spots, which Kenney pointed out, is not complete yet. But Slater touts his 30+ years in law enforcement to say he believes those spots are indeed blood.

O/T, but @MassGuy, I just saw that you've just reached an amazing milestone here....200K likes!!

That's a genuinely impressive feat!

I tip my hat to you, the fact that I don't ever wear hats, notwithstanding.

Last edited:
O/T, but Massy, I just saw that you've just reached an amazing milestone here....200K likes!!

That's such an impressive feat! It's definitely worth a mention.
So I'm mentioning it.
Wow, that's pretty amazing, MG, and congratulations are definitely in order.
Confetti falling! Streamers streaming! Words wording!
I wonder how many others have achieved 200,000. Not many, I'm betting.

Last edited:
O/T, but @MassGuy, I just saw that you've just reached an amazing milestone here....200K likes!!

That's a genuinely impressive feat!

I tip my hat to you, the fact that I don't ever wear hats, notwithstanding.
Yes, amazing! So, join in well wishers!

“For he’s a jolly good fellow,
For he’s a jolly good fellow,
For he’s a jolly good felloooooow!
Which nobody can deny!!!!”

And, that’s that! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online