Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #18 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was—in what way would meeting AA at 3:00 am be more dangerous than meeting him at 3:00 pm?

P.S. Many things are more dangerous at 3:00 am—like jogging. I agree that if the Lyft driver had dropped her off in the park before her ride got there—that would be more dangerous at 3:00 than 3:00 pm.

The way I look at it, as a Mom, is why does someone want you to meet them at 3 am in a park?

I wouldn't be as worried about someone wanting to meet up with her at 3 pm because there are many reasons to do so in the afternoon. Walking in the park, going for lunch or a drink, going shopping at the mall, studying together, etc etc.

But 3 am? Most scenarios at 3 am are shady.

Off the topic of identifying items in the video. But just wondering how many people have walked past this evidence in the last couple of weeks. People didn't notice or put two and two together? Just interesting to me.

The Jordan River Trail is a paved trail for running, biking, walking, etc. Unfortunately, a lot of homeless camp there so there is a lot of scavenged trash that wouldn't look out of place.

MOO Selling his house might have covered a lot of it. This site suggests a defense cost of 150,000.

Compare Various Criminal Defense Costs | LegalPriceGuide.com

Still like to know the source of the money for the house since he obviously didn't make enough to pay for it. Wondering if his extended family in Nigeria contributed because he promised them they would all make money off the Airbnb.

The biggest problem I have is if his intentions was so innocent why meet at the park when his house was only 7 min away if that was to be their agreed final destination they planned anyway? Why have Lyft take her to the park? For me there is no reasonable explanation. This does not make sense and why didn’t he pick her up at the airport?

I agree that the attack beginning in the car doesn’t make sense—and there’s almost no room in the timeframe for it.

There’s almost no room in the timeframe for him to turn off her phone, too. However, almost certainly SOMEONE turned off her phone, because the alternative of the battery running down at that exact moment would be quite a coincidence.

Here’s where we disagree. I think that there’s a solid chance that she turned off her phone. It goes off at the exact moment that, from her standpoint, she doesn’t need it any more, because she’s safely in contact with her destination. So, that wouldn’t be a coincidence as much as just a logical sequence of events. And we know that he wasn’t into turning phones off, because the genius left his on, all the way home.

I seriously believe that LE has their chats, and that those will explain many mysteries.

One option that fits is they were planning to meet in Hatch Park ...an area they were both familiar with ... because they were going to place x (breakfast/a party/a canyon for sunrise) but by the time she got there, it was later than expected because the flight was delayed and luggage was delayed too so she says "lets just go home." That fits perfectly with everything we know. And for whatever reason, she turns off her phone. There's just not enough time in the time line for violence in the park. This guy isn't that skilled. Plus he doesn't know whether the Lyft driver has a dashcam or wrote down his license plate.

Last edited:
I've clearly been looking at this too long. The tarp the items are laying on is tripping me out! I now realize the "hamster" a few of us saw earlier, I believe is created by tree leaves and shadows...... In the photo that Whiteorchids just posted regarding the black crossbody bag which is circled in green, there is a really cute puppy face laying right next to it!

Just a little humor we all need.....

That is called Pareidolia! ;)

Haaaa. We are in agreement.

The thing that gets me too, is the damn phone thing. I don’t like the attack beginning in the car, because it makes no damn sense.

So much easier to have her come inside the house, and then do it at that point.

But her phone went dead, and he almost certainly needed that.

As far as we know, his didn’t do that.

But I may be overthinking things, because this guy doesn’t think like me.

I don't think attack initiated in the car.

If ML powered off her phone herself, I don't think it was because she was concerned about low battery -- she was not in flight, and power sources readily available.

Most likely she didn't want to be disturbed. (Also, I understand if you disable the "find friends" for privacy, friends are notified you did this).

I still believe AA lured ML to Hatch telling her he'd been waiting for her at a house party near his old place, he'd been drinking, and therefore not comfortable driving to airport.

He either suggested they could return to house party, or plan was straight to his place from Hatch.

By her nature, ML is accommodating, and she agreed to his suggestion to meet at Hatch Park.

MOO

Last edited:
CHOPPER 5: Police at site near 700 N. Redwood Road, SLC, looking for additional evidence in Mackenzie Lueck case

Looking at these searches, the amount of manpower, hours involved, cost would be enormous.
Then the cost of keeping these murderers in Prison.
We are extremely fortunate to have a Police Force, Legal system, Prison System, monies, to investigate, and 'lock these Creeps away'.
There are so many Creeps out there, where this is required, and as each one is nabbed, these dedicated folk must have a feeling of accomplishment, a 'job well done'.

About Hatch Park: AA may very well have got ML to meet him there with zero intention of murder.A first time meet for two online acquaintances (with the anonymity that online brings) whatever AA's expectations were (especially if a bit out of the "ordinary") it's possible he wanted to wanted to maintain "real life" anonymity from ML after the encounter.

Well, I know people have said that someone of her age would never, ever, ever let their phone run low on its charge. I feel really skeptical about that. So, again, it goes off at a moment when turning it off to save its charge makes sense.

And, there’s the commitment issue. Turning off your phone implies that you’re going to pay attention to the person you’re with.

I’m actually not as committed to this theory as I sound. But, I’m suspicious of any theory that starts out with ‘No one would ever.” ;)
(No one would ever turn their own phone off.)

Honestly, I've known female friends to turn their phone OFF when hooking up with a guy off one of those Tinder sites. Personally, it's not something I think is a good idea and I actually find it downright annoying, rude, selfish and a few other things, but they do do it. They're all in ML's generation.
It's can be for a variety of reasons, ranging from just wanting "me" time, to wanting to appear attentive, to wanting no interruptions.

I still think it's very likely she switched it off so she wouldn't be bothered by people texting or calling coz they knew she was going to be back in town, or her mom checking up on her etc ***
but people absolutely 100% do turn it off for a variety of situations. 100%.

*** (I say this because it's actually something my sister has done. She's even hung up on people if they call her too early the next day and then switched her phone off. I hope this anecdote can actually help people understand why the phone could be off.)

Honestly, I've known female friends to turn their phone OFF when hooking up with a guy off one of those Tinder sites. Personally, it's not something I think is a good idea and I actually find it downright annoying, rude, selfish and a few other things, but they do do it. They're all in ML's generation.
It's can be for a variety of reasons, ranging from just wanting "me" time, to wanting to appear attentive, to wanting no interruptions.

I still think it's very likely she switched it off so she wouldn't be bothered by people texting or calling coz they knew she was going to be back in town, or her mom checking up on her etc ***
but people absolutely 100% do turn it off for a variety of situations. 100%.

*** (I say this because it's actually something my sister has done. She's even hung up on people if they call her too early the next day and then switched her phone off. I hope this anecdote can actually help people understand why the phone could be off.)

I agree with this. I think she turned her phone off deliberately as she was where she was supposed to be and didn't want to be interrupted whilst doing whatever it was she was expecting to do. As someone said - putting your phone on silent doesn't stop you from being distracted by it. Whatever it was they had planned she didn't want any interruptions - where she wanted to focus on who she was with. I think that rules out some of the possible scenarios (e.g a purchase of anything) where a phone alert wouldn't be as much of an issue.

I don't think attack initiated in the car.

If ML powered off her phone herself, I don't think it was because she was concerned about low battery -- she was not in flight, and power sources readily available.

Most likely she didn't want to be disturbed. (Also, I understand if you disable the "find friends" for privacy, friends are notified you did this).

I still believe AA lured ML to Hatch telling her he'd been waiting for her at a house party near his old place, he'd been drinking, and therefore not comfortable driving to airport.

He either suggested they could return to house party, or plan was straight to his place from Hatch.

By her nature, ML is accommodating, and she agreed to his suggestion to meet at Hatch Park.

MOO

Yah pretty likely scenario

The thing thing about who shut the phone off is probably a moot point imo

I doubt highly that we will ever know for certain, as I think probably only two people truly know the truth. One was silenced and the other is unlikely to tell the truth or even talk.

He seemingly did make an effort to cover his tracks in his pre-crime behavior.

This effort was ultimately unsuccessful, but he tried his best. :eek:

I think it’s probably a mistake to look at what he did to pull off the murder itself, and conflate that with the coverup effort.

It was the fact that he texted her that led to his identification, but it was his attempt to destroy and remove evidence, that was the really sloppy part.

He had a plan to commit this crime, and that part went off as he intended (ignoring his huge mistake). This part was organized.

It was the rest of it that will ultimately bury him (disorganized).

ETA: Clarification between fact and opinion.

Morning.

I think one of the biggest mistakes many make is second guessing the actions of any suspect after it's all over, and done.

It seems to happen in every case though, and it's the same questions every time of 'but why would they do it this way or that' or 'how could they be so careless, and stupid?' Etc.

There simply is no answer to explain why murderers do what they do, and in the manner they carry them out or what they do in the aftermath, and cover up aferwards.

All we know is they do it by what made sense to them at the time.

None think they are ever going to be caught yet time, and time they are caught because they are never as smart as the deem themselves to be.

Imo, AA planned the murder of KL, and whether it ever makes sense to any of us ...he also had planned how he was going to get rid of her remains, and other evidence.

Jmho

since were discussing the evening's chain of events again:

imo, picking up people from the airports is one the worst tasks. you are constantly being ushered to move your car/not block pick up lanes and then you can either go to a waiting lot which is often inconvenient to find or a paid parking lot which costs a million dollars. it seems like flights are more often delayed than not and with airport security naturally continuing to rise, its just a stressful experience.

that being said, i am not local so maybe this is more specific to airports i deal with or maybe i am just really bad at navigating this hah. however, i am not in the minority on this with family and friends bc with the presence of lyft/uber at airports now, this is the norm. i consider my family/friends to be normal and loving people but uber/lyft just seems to be easier. i cant even remember the last time my parents picked up me up; they are always like "we'll reimburse your lyft, see you soon!" and literally last weekend i refused to pick up my SO even though he'd been gone for a week.

only noting this bc i think its possible ML being picked up by AA was never even mentioned by either of them and therefore was one less factor AA had to deal with, both in regards to airport cameras and him needing to smoothly lure ML to hang out with him. if he didnt have to navigate the airport discussion w her, he was able to jump right in w pitching her an idea about where to meet after her travel plans.

i understand some people always pick up friends/family from airports so i dont want to get off topic with this. i just wanted to note i think there are also some people (like myself) where this isnt necessarily the norm and if its true for ML too, it could have made AA's planning a tiny bit easier.

The way I look at it, as a Mom, is why does someone want you to meet them at 3 am in a park?

I wouldn't be as worried about someone wanting to meet up with her at 3 pm because there are many reasons to do so in the afternoon. Walking in the park, going for lunch or a drink, going shopping at the mall, studying together, etc etc.

Totally agree.
My Mom used to always say “ Nothing good happens after midnight!”.

S-E-X

At her age I was often up all hours of the night, but with friends. Some clubs stay open til 4AM. One time I left my friends at a club and left with a guy I just met. We went to a park to talk and make out. It was all very Before Sunrise. We didn’t have sex but thank God nothing bad happened. It very easily could have gone sideways for me. So my point is, young girls do stupid things. In my case, desperate for connection. In KL’s case, I think she was catfished ...she was most likely there for a SD connection. Their meet was at that time tho because of her flight. So this brings us to why meet 7 min from his house?

It just occurred to me that perhaps he lied to her about the location of his house. Perhaps the park was said to be halfway by AA. Although, I would sleuth any potential SDs. Easy to do these days.

Like with any other case, I want to know the why.

He wasn't "tech savvy" enough to know to cut his phone off when he met her at the park or when he took her to the canyon, so I don't believe he cut her phone off either. I think she did it voluntarily at this point.
He wasn't smart at all IMO when it came to technology, so that makes me seriously question whether he was running some sort of "business" with the cameras in his house.

I think she shut it off herself too.

In my 20s I spent a lot of time out and about at 3am, its really not that strange nor a big deal and Im tired of seeing posts trying to blame her for being out so late when the real blame is the monster AA. She just landed from her flight, it makes total sense it was that time of night she was going out.

Well, I know people have said that someone of her age would never, ever, ever let their phone run low on its charge. I feel really skeptical about that. So, again, it goes off at a moment when turning it off to save its charge makes sense.

And, there’s the commitment issue. Turning off your phone implies that you’re going to pay attention to the person you’re with.

I’m actually not as committed to this theory as I sound. But, I’m suspicious of any theory that starts out with ‘No one would ever.” ;)
(No one would ever turn their own phone off.)
My son is 21 and his phone dies frequently. He blames the phone and says it doesn't hold a charge. The other day he called me on my cell and home phone (I missed both calls). When I saw the missed call on my cell, I called him back immediately because usually he texts me so if he calls it's something important. My call went straight to voicemail and my texts were not showing as "delivered." I tried on and off to reach him for about three hours - no luck. Then he texted me, like "what's up?" He had locked himself out of his place (genius) and then his phone died after he called me. So, it does happen. Did ML's phone die at an opportune moment for AA? Probably not, but I can believe she turned it off.

since were discussing the evening's chain of events again:

imo, picking up people from the airports is one the worst tasks. you are constantly being ushered to move your car/not block pick up lanes and then you can either go to a waiting lot which is often inconvenient to find or a paid parking lot which costs a million dollars. it seems like flights are more often delayed than not and with airport security naturally continuing to rise, its just a stressful experience.

that being said, i am not local so maybe this is more specific to airports i deal with or maybe i am just really bad at navigating this hah. however, i am not in the minority on this with family and friends bc with the presence of lyft/uber at airports now, this is the norm. i consider my family/friends to be normal and loving people but uber/lyft just seems to be easier. i cant even remember the last time my parents picked up me up; they are always like "we'll reimburse your lyft, see you soon!" and literally last weekend i refused to pick up my SO even though he'd been gone for a week.

only noting this bc i think its possible ML being picked up by AA was never even mentioned by either of them and therefore was one less factor AA had to deal with, both in regards to airport cameras and him needing to smoothly lure ML to hang out with him. if he didnt have to navigate the airport discussion w her, he was able to jump right in w pitching her an idea about where to meet after her travel plans.

i understand some people always pick up friends/family from airports so i dont want to get off topic with this. i just wanted to note i think there are also some people (like myself) where this isnt necessarily the norm and if its true for ML too, it could have made AA's planning a tiny bit easier.

Picking up at slc is really easy. There is a waiting lot at the gas station in front of the terminal. You wait there until the person is ready and drive up.

And as a guy in slc on the same dating sites as ML, the idea that someone would meet for the first time at 3 AM in a park is simply not anything that ever happens. A Starbucks during the day is the standard. Sometimes lunch or drinks. All in a public place.

Not sure what the reluctance is here to believe they knew each other. The last college female killed in SLC was also killed by an unsuccessful loser in his 30s. He met her while he was at a bouncer at a bar and they dated for a while before she realized he was a psycho. She could have date someone active in athletics or a business/engineering student but chose to date a bouncer at a bar who was culturally different than her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes