Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #18 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, now I see the suitcase instead of my gas can. Hey, I had the reddish/brownish color right! :p Part of the problem is the scale of these objects isn't clear until we find something identifiable.
*snipped by me*

From what I can find on Google, crime scene tape is generally 3" wide. That can help in regards to the size of the items there.

Unlike LE in other cases....*cough* Delphi, IN *cough*...Salt Lake City police have been very open in sharing information with the public. I’m thinking sometime soon they will let us know at least some of the items they recovered yesterday from the river and river bank.

We have three murders whom I follow, CW, PF, and AA. I think PF will never confess and the court will be lengthy and expensive. CW at least spared the state of CO the money, and was willing to talk. And I don’t think he has prior murders.

This guy, AA, will be in between. He will admit the obvious to escape other charges, but I bet there are things he has done before that will pop out in the course of the trial.

Looking at these searches, the amount of manpower, hours involved, cost would be enormous.
Then the cost of keeping these murderers in Prison.
We are extremely fortunate to have a Police Force, Legal system, Prison System, monies, to investigate, and 'lock these Creeps away'.
There are so many Creeps out there, where this is required, and as each one is nabbed, these dedicated folk must have a feeling of accomplishment, a 'job well done'.

Very well said! We are so fortunate. The ripple effect caused by these monsters is devastating. Too bad there isn’t some way to hold criminals accountable. (IMO jail isn’t enough punishment and doesn’t even come close to providing restitution.

Picking up at slc is really easy. There is a waiting lot at the gas station in front of the terminal. You wait there until the person is ready and drive up.

And as a guy in slc on the same dating sites as ML, the idea that someone would meet for the first time at 3 AM in a park is simply not anything that ever happens. A Starbucks during the day is the standard. Sometimes lunch or drinks. All in a public place.

Not sure what the reluctance is here to believe they knew each other. The last college female killed in SLC was also killed by an unsuccessful loser in his 30s. He met her while he was at a bouncer at a bar and they dated for a while before she realized he was a psycho. She could have date someone active in athletics or a business/engineering student but chose to date a bouncer at a bar who was culturally different than her.

thats helpful to know about your airport! im on the east coast where ppl at airports are often a bit rude, for lack of a better word, or i cant handle the traffic flow.

i actually do agree they knew each other prior (im very much leaning toward in person but could be swayed by some intense texting relationship) but either way, i think they had a very frequent rapport. however, AA still had to come up w a reason to lure/trick/convince her to the park bc even if your best friend asks you to meet at an isolated park at 3am after a flight, most ppl would want a reason as to why that is the meeting place.

so imo, its not so much if/how long they knew each other but why & how she ended up there.
(which my suggestion was if you eliminate any airport discussion, maybe that made planning logistics simpler/faster between them but it sounds like that may not be the case based on the airport pickup description).

I think the buckles are from this. Both as a closure on the large pocket and adjustables on the straps.

Photobucket

jmo
Could be but most closures on back packs, luggage etc. are plastic now days. Now if her luggage was Louis Vuitton or high end it might have metal hardware. In one picture posted she had on jeans and a belt which had an obvious metal buckle.

It really doesn't matter. It just stood out to me cause those objects were found in the alley separate from the other items.

Picking up at slc is really easy. There is a waiting lot at the gas station in front of the terminal. You wait there until the person is ready and drive up.

And as a guy in slc on the same dating sites as ML, the idea that someone would meet for the first time at 3 AM in a park is simply not anything that ever happens. A Starbucks during the day is the standard. Sometimes lunch or drinks. All in a public place.

Not sure what the reluctance is here to believe they knew each other. The last college female killed in SLC was also killed by an unsuccessful loser in his 30s. He met her while he was at a bouncer at a bar and they dated for a while before she realized he was a psycho. She could have date someone active in athletics or a business/engineering student but chose to date a bouncer at a bar who was culturally different than her.

I agree with you I think that she knew him and was comfortable with him. I think she turned her phone off because she didn’t want anyone to know where she was. I think there is no way you get in a lyft without a full charge— most would fear that.

My college age contacts would agree, they’d turn off phone so as not to be found by friends if they were comfortable.

I don’t get meeting at park unless for sex, talk or makeout session either and since phone was at his house right after that it doesn’t work.

One thing I thought of. IF there was a girlfriend of his and she lived nearby, maybe he wouldn’t want a lyft pulling up in the driveway IF this girlfriend had been told he had no renters right now? Then he could meet ML and pull up and sneak in back door? Of course for that theory to work along with not premeditated, ML would have to be aware of this too.

IF someone else had access to her Lyft records would she have met at park instead of house? Not me, if I was hiding I’d go all the way home get my car and then leave.

Question for all:
What makes you feel like this was premeditated outside of the park? The room? Could the room really have been his bdsm room with no ill intent behind it? Is there any scenario where this was either accidental or anger induced at the house followed by a horrible attempt at a cover up?

the scattering of things is very strange to me. the more places things are scattered the more likely to be found. moo. maybe there was a plan to scatter about to cause confusion and send LE in many different directions.

Could be but most closures on back packs, luggage etc. are plastic now days. Now if her luggage was Louis Vuitton or high end it might have metal hardware. In one picture posted she had on jeans and a belt which had an obvious metal buckle.

It really doesn't matter. It just stood out to me cause those objects were found in the alley separate from the other items.

It was just the first thing I thought of because I have one, just like it.

https://fiver.media/images/mu/2017/10/05/small-faux-leather-backpack-67865-1.jpg

moo

Last edited:
the scattering of things is very strange to me. the more places things are scattered the more likely to be found. moo. maybe there was a plan to scatter about to cause confusion and send LE in many different directions.

I wonder if he didn’t just put some of her things in the trash bin? Would it be possible since his home was next to alley way that a homeless person took bag from his trash and ended up dumping near their campground at Jordan river?

If they had not identified him, finding her body and things would be a dead end.
It is the digital trail that led to him and lies during his first interview.

Last edited:
I wonder if he didn’t just put some of her things in the trash bin? Would it be possible since his home was next to alley way that a homeless person took bag from his trash and ended up dumping near their campground at Jordan river?
in one way I agree, then I think about the mattress and box springs. he list mattress in one place and box springs in another, then some stuff in ally and some stuff blocks away, part of her remains found at his home, the rest many miles away.

I agree with you I think that she knew him and was comfortable with him. I think she turned her phone off because she didn’t want anyone to know where she was. I think there is no way you get in a lyft without a full charge— most would fear that.

My college age contacts would agree, they’d turn off phone so as not to be found by friends if they were comfortable.

I don’t get meeting at park unless for sex, talk or makeout session either and since phone was at his house right after that it doesn’t work.

One thing I thought of. IF there was a girlfriend of his and she lived nearby, maybe he wouldn’t want a lyft pulling up in the driveway IF this girlfriend had been told he had no renters right now? Then he could meet ML and pull up and sneak in back door? Of course for that theory to work along with not premeditated, ML would have to be aware of this too.

IF someone else had access to her Lyft records would she have met at park instead of house? Not me, if I was hiding I’d go all the way home get my car and then leave.

Question for all:
What makes you feel like this was premeditated outside of the park? The room? Could the room really have been his bdsm room with no ill intent behind it? Is there any scenario where this was either accidental or anger induced at the house followed by a horrible attempt at a cover up?

im like 60%/40% AA turned her phone off/ML turned her own phone off, respectively. i can see it both ways.

however, i dont think her phone died bc of the lyft driver. (or maybe in 59%/39%/2%). pretty much all drivers have chargers in their car bc they use their own phones as GPS and most drivers are cordial about sharing their charger. it just seems unlikely imo that if she were on low battery, she wouldn't borrow the drivers (so that 2% chance is her not asking for whatever reason/the charger isnt right for phone AND no adapter, seems unlikely).

thats helpful to know about your airport! im on the east coast where ppl at airports are often a bit rude, for lack of a better word, or i cant handle the traffic flow.

i actually do agree they knew each other prior (im very much leaning toward in person but could be swayed by some intense texting relationship) but either way, i think they had a very frequent rapport. however, AA still had to come up w a reason to lure/trick/convince her to the park bc even if your best friend asks you to meet at an isolated park at 3am after a flight, most ppl would want a reason as to why that is the meeting place.

so imo, its not so much if/how long they knew each other but why & how she ended up there.
(which my suggestion was if you eliminate any airport discussion, maybe that made planning logistics simpler/faster between them but it sounds like that may not be the case based on the airport pickup description).

Just jumping off from your post.

While this is not my primary theory, if she and he had met before and say went to dinner, maybe even to that park and watched a ball game or had a picnic lunch during the day, maybe to a motel another time, if she had had one, two, maybe three successful meetings/dates with him, she may not have hesitated or lacked trust to meet him at the park even at that hour...

The why still remains of the reason for the park but perhaps he just said my house isn't easy to find, she had never been there and he just says meet me at that park where we had our first "date" and we'll head to my place from there or even I got us a room at a little Air BNB I know of... She does not have fear about it because they had been there before (the park and she had been out/with him previously...)

As for shutting off the phone, like most of us I am undecided there too but I can say when having high stress and being home around family during something like a death/funeral for a few days, all are grieving, others are grieving, I think most of us can relate to how exhausting that is and how ready you are or in need of a break from it... She was used to having her own life and some independence being on year 5 in Utah from what we know. She was probably yearning for a break as anyone would be.

You see a ton of relatives, friends, etc. in the course of a few short days, are on your best behavior and probably helping out as well. I can believe once she let her parents know she was safe, she felt she had done her part and just wanted to shut the world away for whatever was planned, if only through that night, go with him, do whatever was planned or nothing at all and get some sleep... She made her last text to him as or when the Lyft entered the park and my best guess is she then shut it down--as others have said, she had arrived and was with the person she intended to see--that last text/contact is what placed them both there and then they looked further at records, etc. when they had enough cause which showed him/them at his house within 7 or 8 minutes.

The problem I do have here is how fortunate for him--perhaps he talked about shutting out the world to her earlier and taking a "break" from her stressful couple of days... Or it was something she did while with him prior and it was expected or just understood... If I understand it correctly too, in some cases, the one is expected often to give their full attention to the other so no phone upon meeting to show he has your full attention...

I want to stress again this is not my first theory at all but it is perhaps about #3 on my list... My thoughts revolve more around what I think his house really was with its cameras and more.

Just thoughts/speculation and JMO.

Question for all:
I drove for Lyft and others, me and every one that I know who were drivers for ride-share offered and provided charging cables for the riders phones Apple and Android.

Metal buckles make me think of overalls, horse harnesses, belts, etc. I guess some purses may have them but I agree with you that most these days are plastic on luggage and backpacks, IF they have buckles at all, plastic or metal. The word buckle itself is not a term heard all that often imo except when used in "belt buckle". I do have a couple of pair of nice leather boots with side buckles on them, more for look than usefulness.

I still am a bit amazed at the number of crime scenes here/places where evidence has been found.

Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member