Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #10 *Still Missing*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pollock responds, saying the answer was already explained to the jury, “The court will impose a sentence of life without release.”
@WCIA3

Jamie Munks

@by_jamiemunks

·
1m

The jury's latest question was essentially: what happens if they are unable to reach a unanimous decision? After conferring w/prosecutors& defense Judge Shadid sent an answer referring them back to instructions on their "duty to deliberate." 1/2

Show this thread

Matt Masterson

@ByMattMasterson

·
2m

Judge James Shadid instructs them to continue deliberating, but if no unanimous decision is reached, a sentence of life without the possibility of release with be imposed

Jamie Munks
If after they've weighed the aggravating & mitigating factors the jury is still unable to unanimously decide on a sentence of death or life in prison w/o the possibility of release and informs the court, the court will impose a sentence of life without the possibility of release.

Ben
If there's no unanimous decision, Christensen gets life in prison. (2/
The government asked for five minutes, while the defense lawyers seemed to be in a good mood. When they returned, Shadid dictated what he'd tell the jury. (3/
He's referred them back to the instructions, which say they have a duty to deliberate, but said that if they're unable to reach a unanimous decision for life or for death, "the court will impose a sentence of life." (4/4)

I'm not really surprised but I am very disappointed..
49 mitigating factors
an undisclosed plea discussion
half the evidence not presented
half the exhibits not exhibited

Right. It also feels like its very contentious inside that deliberation room as they do not trust eaxh other to interpret their instructions correctly.

Eades
BREAKING: No verdict yet, but jurors ask judge the question: "We need help. What do we do if we are unable to reach a unanimous decision?" If that ends up being their final answer-- it means Christensen will, by default, be sentenced to life in prison
@W

The American justice is so flawed. Brendt is smiling ear to ear, because he knows I’m not going to death row, I’m going to a blue collar federal prison now. What a complete joke. What a complete disgrace. Brendt was such a good kid at age 7, he was caring and nurturing. “Yeah YY just wouldn’t die, I was like great, not some zombie *advertiser censored*” “so “I hit heat in the head with a bat as hard as I could, and cut her head off” yeah spare his life. He didn’t mean to do this.

YY family gets no remains to take home. Gets no final goodbye. This scum bag gets a tablet, WiFi, email, library, and life without parole now. And no longer has to disclose what he did to her. His family gets to visit him 2 times a month. What a disgrace. What an absolute disgrace.

Somebody in that jury identified more with little Brendt than with sunny YingYing. Someone bought in hook, line, and sinker in the BC pitty party.

On the other hand, for those jurors who wanted the death penalty, they did the right thing, I think, by relenting and giving the family a veredict, even if a disappointing one.

YY family gets no remains to take home. Gets no final goodbye. This scum bag gets a tablet, WiFi, email, library, and life without parole now. And no longer has to disclose what he did to her. His family gets to visit him 2 times a month. What a disgrace. What an absolute ******* disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa