Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please tell me whats up with this!!

Canada: Manhunt concluded as authorities arrest suspects in York Landing July 31 /update 1

Has anyone found anything about an arrest???????!!!!
This is claiming it happened today...? Saying manhunt is over but very brief and does not tell where the info came from..

My bet is someone hit the wrong button and published a draft they were working on for *when* the suspects were captured, or an automated system published something that wasn't properly set to not be published on a schedule. 12:08pm UTC is anywhere from 5:08am to 8:08am in Canada so the error probably hasn't been caught yet.

Why would a private security firm destroy their reputation by putting out false information about a capture? I’m thinking they were either hacked and this is a prank or....maybe there’s something to it. Doubt it...but...

I don’t get it either. GardaWorld is definitely a reputable company and it doesn’t appear to be a phished website. The alert was posted almost 2 1/2 hours ago at 12:08PM UTC.

I don’t think it’s a prank but highly possible a hack or the source of the alert is fake. The alert is written as if to inform the public so IMO if it were true, right now the media would be jumping cartwheels to get this news out.

Lots of hacking going on the last couple days with twitter and a few websites. Making outrageous claims, think they should all be ignored, just a bunch of attention grabbers

Ignored and reported would be even better. Hoping whoever is doing that ends up with some charges of their own.

When they showed up in Split Lake they needed gas and bought $20 worth.

The RAV4 has a fuel efficiency of about 8L per 100 km. If gas was e.g., $1.25/L they would have been able to travel about 200 kms on $20, which would put them where the RAV4 was found. They surely did run out of gas and decide to torch the abandoned vehicle.

With no sightings outside of/since Gillam, they are surely in the bush somewhere without supplies.

They have a gun to hunt with?

They have a gun to hunt with?

There's no given reason to believe they do. It's a possibility but as far as we know so far they haven't used it since BC.

And we don't technically know they used it there.

They're suspects in a case where it was reported by another country's media that the victim they're accused of killing was shot. That would imply they have a gun and so as a precaution the RCMP is considering them armed.

But the (4 I think?) times that we know of that they've come into contact with people no gun was seen or used.

My bet is someone hit the wrong button and published a draft they were working on for *when* the suspects were captured, or an automated system published something that wasn't properly set to not be published on a schedule. 12:08pm UTC is anywhere from 5:08am to 8:08am in Canada so the error probably hasn't been caught yet.

They twitted the same article and people are asking for sources too.
GardaWorld Crisis24 on Twitter

When they showed up in Split Lake they needed gas and bought $20 worth.

The RAV4 has a fuel efficiency of about 8L per 100 km. If gas was e.g., $1.25/L they would have been able to travel about 200 kms on $20, which would put them where the RAV4 was found. They surely did run out of gas and decide to torch the abandoned vehicle.

With no sightings outside of/since Gillam, they are surely in the bush somewhere without supplies.

Most sensical post I've read in days. I think these kids are dead. (ETA: Unless they got enough provisions from Dyck's car to survive, but I doubt it.)

Last edited:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mani...itives-kam-mcleod-bryer-schmegelsky-1.5230490
"It isn't clear when, where or how the hunt for two B.C. homicide suspects will end, but Indigenous leaders suspect it will linger in the minds of northern Manitoba First Nation residents well after the large police and military presence is gone.

"Everybody is still kind of overwhelmed and uneasy," Leroy Constant, chief of York Factory First Nation in York Landing, Man., said on Tuesday.

Constant and other leaders in the North say when the expansive search for fugitives Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky comes to a close, people in remote communities will need additional help processing what happened."

"Still, Sauvé said, the droves of RCMP and military personnel who have been working around the clock for more than a week will need care themselves.
"Fatigued, tired, overworked, [they will] need time away with their families, time to decompress," he said."

search-area-map.jpg

Unless they lucked out and the rav had a lifestraw

Seems likely Prof Dyck would have some kind of water filtration if he were going to be camping for a month, which is what I believe was said about him by family. In the middle of the night, I got to thinking that maybe the amount of gear that Dyck had with him might have been an attractant in their choice of which car to steal. I'm beginning to think they may have noticed his gear and followed him.

Can someone please refresh my memory and tell me who took the photo of K and B driving the Rav4? And also where was the photo taken and when?

TIA

I have also lost track of who and where on this. anyone know or have a link?

I don’t think it’s a prank but highly possible a hack or the source of the alert is fake. The alert is written as if to inform the public so IMO if it were true, right now the media would be jumping cartwheels to get this news out.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
Hanlon's razor - Wikipedia

The Hawaiian missile alert taught us that our computer systems often don't have enough failsafes built in and our user interfaces aren't optimized for, well, users!

arah Kraus‏Verified account @SarahNKraus
We’re told this is the spot where Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky got stuck in @CityofColdLake on Sunday July 21. It’s next to a seniors home, a soccer field, and a backyard swimming pool that’s currently entertaining 4 kids.

EAv-84oUEAAwv1Z.jpg

1:18 PM - 30 Jul 2019 pst

I really like this photo as it's a good example of the teens following the "transmission line." This is not a road but service easement that's probably easier to navigate during the winter months.

This would be their mindset on Sunday, July 21-- just before they would arrive the Co-op in Meadow Lake where they were last seen on surveillance per RCMP.

MOO

Alberta has had a very rainy summer so it’s not surprising to see water laying around where it might normally be dry and there probably was at least that much or more of the same muck the day the pair got stuck.

It illustrates the total lack of driving awareness of these two, to even attempt to drive down it with a RAV4, noticing the deep ruts.

It wouldn’t surprise me if both the truck/camper and later the RAV4 were ditched because both vehicles broke down, “run into the ground” (ie ruined, destroyed) due to a combination of driver inexperience, carelessness, and lack of good judgement.

I imagine their survival skills would reflect much the same traits....lack thereof.

Offiicial RCMP Manitoba twitter so far has nothing about an arrest. I'd expect they would want to put together something official and have a press release ready if it's true. But how does that one e-news outlet even have such news, then?

Yep. Newspapers have been known to publish pre-written obituaries for prominent people in error.

edit. (Also, speaking from experience, it’s easy to accidentally make a draft ‘live’ on a website or schedule it to post on social media instead of just saving the draft - especially if you’re tired.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member