TX - 22 killed, 26 injured at Walmart, Cielo Vista, El Paso, 3 Aug 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

From the above link:

“"He lived with us in our house in Allen, Texas, while he attended Collin College. He moved out of our house six weeks ago, and has spent a few nights here while we were out of town.

"His driver's license and mailing address were at our house in Allen. That connection has made us a focus of media, of course. We are talking only to law enforcement agencies, and will not be making further statements to the media. We request the media to honor our privacy."”

——-

Who is the El Paso shooter? Investigators search for links, motive in anti-immigrant screed

I think first responders are great too, but, who wouldn't help a victim who was bleeding, even if they didn't have gloves? I certainly would as would everyone in my family. As would all of my friends, I would presume.

You, your friends and your family run right up to help even though you could be shot?

I’ve read Walmart cut back on security staff at U.S stores to cut costs a few years ago so this doesn’t surprise me. I don’t think they will be willing to have armed guards at the entrances anytime soon. I’m in the U.K and have never been in a U.S Walmart but they own Asda supermarkets here. I suspect Walmart may face lawsuits in relation to this horrendous tragedy but I have no idea if they will be successful.
Why would they face lawsuits though? The mall and other stores adjacent apparently didn’t have security guards either. Hey, I totally understand your thinking though.

So here’s my thinking.... if anything, it may very well prompt them to have 24 hr. security guards . Wonder if prices will go up a bit.

Personally, I think it’s a tragedy that it’s come to this. So now every time we all go shopping we’re all in hyper vigilant mode.... high anxiety, etc.
so, do I need to go ahead and arm myself? Maybe.

My bet, online shopping is going to prosper even more than it is already.
Maybe we should all be looking real quick at future investment opportunities.

From the above link:

“"He lived with us in our house in Allen, Texas, while he attended Collin College. He moved out of our house six weeks ago, and has spent a few nights here while we were out of town.

"His driver's license and mailing address were at our house in Allen. That connection has made us a focus of media, of course. We are talking only to law enforcement agencies, and will not be making further statements to the media. We request the media to honor our privacy."”

——-

Who is the El Paso shooter? Investigators search for links, motive in anti-immigrant screed
Sounds like they’re basically disowning him?

I was referring to the comment about helping a bleeding person if I didn't have gloves. That was what the poster had been praising.

I am no fearless hero!! ;)

That's what those people were doing. At that point, no one knew if the shooter had been apprehended.

That's what those people were doing. At that point, no one knew if the shooter had been apprehended.

I never questioned that. I was only referring to someone's comment about how seeing a responder, without gloves, help a bleeding person 'spoke volumes'.

Why would they face lawsuits though? The mall and other stores adjacent apparently didn’t have security guards either. Hey, I totally understand your thinking though.

So here’s my thinking.... if anything, it may very well prompt them to have 24 hr. security guards . Wonder if prices will go up a bit.

Personally, I think it’s a tragedy that it’s come to this. So now every time we all go shopping we’re all in hyper vigilant mode.... high anxiety, etc.

My thoughts on this are that there’s no telling where a shooting will break out. It could be at your darn yoga studio for goodness sakes (remember that?). These guys choose soft targets which range from schools, to churches, to concert venues, to busineess to darn “garlic festivals”. You could be practically ANYWHERE and this could happen, moo.

It just hit me!
Loss prevention in the Walmart's around me, is at the entrance to the store, behind a locked metal door surrounded by brick walls.
With all the cameras Walmart uses in their stores, there was probably 1 or 2 people who sat in that office and watched the carnage on the screens as it happened.

Moo

Ugh. It’s possible. But there weren’t even security guards.

I never questioned that. I was only referring to someone's comment about how seeing a responder, without gloves, help a bleeding person 'spoke volumes'.

That's because first responders generally are taught not to do that. Just like they aren't supposed to give mouth to mouth without a mask. Sometimes they don't follow the rules and that's heroic. Sometimes, even when they do follow the rules it still doesn't end well.

https://www.jems.com/articles/2011/02/florida-deputy-dies-infection.html

Here we are discussing the possibility of Walmart having armed security guards at their entrances...all I want is to go back to the time when they had the friendly semi-retired greeters at the entrances!

It just hit me!
Loss prevention in the Walmart's around me, is at the entrance to the store, behind a locked metal door surrounded by brick walls.
With all the cameras Walmart uses in their stores, there was probably 1 or 2 people who sat in that office and watched the carnage on the screens as it happened.

Moo

I bet you’re right, that Walmart has one hell of a time controlling loss prevention. And I really mean, one hell of a time. Do you know why?

Have you ever looked around you, whether in a restaurant, a store, any kind of business? It doesn’t matter really, anywhere.
My husband and I not only have a business, we actually have several....
but we watch people everywhere we go. And.... we are very, very concerned. Not just with business, but with our society. It is actually a bit scary.

Why? Do you know what the majority of paid Employees are spending their time doing? (Not just employees, but parents, but that is a whole different thread)

Unfortunately, much of the time, They’re playing on their cell phone, and on the computer Looking at Fakebook ( yes, I said FAKE).
Or some other social media.
And in restaurants, we see it, these people seem oblivious... they think they are invisible or something? No, they’re not.
Ignoring responsibility
Ignoring customers

So, you think anyone in ANY business today is REALLY doing their job in monitoring the cameras for security and loss prevention?

I truly seriously doubt it. Gotta disable cell phones and internet social media, otherwise if you’re depending on video surveillance / loss prevention, we are all in for a very wild and dangerous ride. It’s out of control.

Do we know about his upbringing? I don’t want to parent shame when as far as I know there is no info.
I personally know someone whose son was arrested for a heinous crime...I know she and her husband did everything right....feels like the parents MAY be victims as well
I have not read anything on MSM about his parents, but there are other sources of info if you care to search. I hope I did not come across as shaming anyone...I was speaking in general terms that many factors are present in people with personality disorders.
Early childhood trauma or a multitude of other life experiences (environmental factors) can impact later development. Some people are born with a genetic predisposition to sociopathy, then environmental factors trigger those sociopathic tendencies to come to life.

Thoughts & Prayers aren't enough!! Does anyone really need (have right) to own an automatic war rifle??
Did the Americans murdered this weekend have rights??

It will be interesting to see what measures are announced today.

*Please note political discussion and gun control discussion is not permitted*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member