FL FL - Marjorie 'Christy' Luna, 8, Greenacres City, 27 May 1984

Let me take you back to 1984, the time when I was a happy child, living in Greenacres with mommy, my sister Allie, Mama Kitty & her babies
DAxIddEVYAAPnk5.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-twitter-it-was-eerie/?utm_term=.7211682a787f

I just finished reading the tweets myself by LE, and I'm very intrigued that they went this route to get answers, and happy to see that they are still making an effort to solve this case. I thought I would also post the link to an article I read minutes ago that brought to my attention that LE took this drastic step, as it also brought up details I was unaware of. This article reiterates details I brought up in the thread for Tammy Belanger, the other girl Victor Wonyetye is suspected of killing, and if I never posted them here, I meant to a long time ago. While Wonyetye was incarcerated in New Hampshire, before moving back to Florida and later getting arrested there, a number of NH inmates testified that Wonyetye admitted to kidnapping, raping, and strangling two eight-year-old girls. One article says that between eight and twelve inmates testified this, and that four of the inmates' testimonies were consistent with one another. This article I am about to link to mentions that. However, it also mentions something I was not aware of - Christy's mother testified at Wonyetye's trial in 1992 that she had gone to a clairvoyant, and the clairvoyant told her right away that Christy was dead, further adding that her body had been disposed of using acid so there would be no trace. I realize that we can't take a clairvoyant's word as absolute truth, but here is something to consider. In November of 1984, when Tammy Belanger disappeared, Victor Wonyetye was watching an article on the news about Tammy Belanger along with the he owner of the motor inn he was staying at. The motor inn owner asked Wonyetye if he thought they would ever find Tammy, and his reply was pretty eerie - "Not now they won't." In the eyes of many, he seemed

*continued from above*

In saying what he did, Victor Wonyetye seemed very confident that Tammy's body would never be found, so would he not have been equally confident about Christy's body? And if so, the acid theory seems like a haunting possibility. Just some food for thought. Now here is the link to the article I mentioned earlier. Thank you for hanging in there with me. I know this post is a long one.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...peak-via-social-media/YAmGNvlXrAbbAqM37EyC6M/

Reactions: byo
PBSO to update 35-year-old cold case
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is scheduled to update the 35-year-old cold case of a missing child.

A news conference is scheduled for Monday morning.

New tip in search for Christy Luna: Sheriff
There may be new momentum to solve the mysterious disappearance of Marjory Christina “Christy” Luna.
[...]
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s says it is following up on a new tip.

Deputies are holding a news conference at 9 a.m. on the case. We will stream it live on the CBS12 News app.

My Summary of Presser:

They are not taking questions, simply informing the public of what is going on.

Due to their social media campaign in May they received the most credible tip to date in the case.

They will be digging this week at a dig site with the hope to find Christy and bring her home. Florida Golf Coast University Anthropologists will be on the dig site with a police presence.

They hope to bring closure to the case.

Mom spoke briefly, obviously overcome with emotion. She said "We're bringing Christy home. It has been 35 years, 2 months and 9 days today. I think we're going to bring Christy home. We are going to bring Christy home..."

I really hope they have found her. I see a lot of digs in cold cases that don't pan out. But they seem to think this is the most credible tip they have ever gotten. Did someone confess? I wonder what makes the new tip credible? Praying for a resolution for her family.

A Palm Beach County Sheriff announced Monday his department recently received a tip about where Marjory ‘Christy” Luna may be buried.

He explained there is a large police presence at a dig site along Swain Avenue, just north of Lake Worth Road and wanted the public to be aware of what was going on.

chopper-green-acres-cold-case.jpg

The dig site in Greenacres where officials are searching for the remains of 8-year-old Christy Luna.

A detective they have looked at four men who were in the area at the time of Luna’s disappearance as possible suspects, but there have been no arrests.

'Credible Lead' In 35-Year-Old Cold Case Of Missing Florida Girl Christy Luna

My Summary of Presser:

They are not taking questions, simply informing the public of what is going on.

Due to their social media campaign in May they received the most credible tip to date in the case.

They will be digging this week at a dig site with the hope to find Christy and bring her home. Florida Golf Coast University Anthropologists will be on the dig site with a police presence.

They hope to bring closure to the case.

Mom spoke briefly, obviously overcome with emotion. She said "We're bringing Christy home. It has been 35 years, 2 months and 9 days today. I think we're going to bring Christy home. We are going to bring Christy home..."
Mom seems to think that they're bringing her home. I hope so for her sake. How heartbreaking.

The search for Christy Luna: Dig for missing girl’s remains enters Day 2

Sheriff’s authorities and forensic anthropologists from Florida Gulf Coast University began excavating Monday morning at 265 Swain Blvd. after receiving a tip that the remains of the little girl last seen in 1984 may be buried there.

They have not said whether any remains have been found.

Several photos of the dig at link: The search for Christy Luna: Dig for missing girl's remains enters Day 2

The property last sold in Apr 2019: 265 Swain Blvd, Greenacres, FL 33463 - realtor.com®

Was someone afraid their secret would be discovered by the new owners and talked first? Or did a suspect pass away and a family member who always suspected that person decide to send in a tip? (Speculations only-- I'm so curious about this tip).

I hope they find Christy so she can be laid to rest properly. :(

The search for Christy Luna: Dig for missing girl’s remains enters Day 2

Sheriff’s authorities and forensic anthropologists from Florida Gulf Coast University began excavating Monday morning at 265 Swain Blvd. after receiving a tip that the remains of the little girl last seen in 1984 may be buried there.

They have not said whether any remains have been found.

Several photos of the dig at link: The search for Christy Luna: Dig for missing girl's remains enters Day 2
It's interesting that the house was bought in 1977 to a woman who sold it in 2009 to the current owner and the woman's family members rent the house currently

The property last sold in Apr 2019: 265 Swain Blvd, Greenacres, FL 33463 - realtor.com®

Was someone afraid their secret would be discovered by the new owners and talked first? Or did a suspect pass away and a family member who always suspected that person decide to send in a tip? (Speculations only-- I'm so curious about this tip).

I hope they find Christy so she can be laid to rest properly. :(
That's strange it shows last sold in 2019
This guy claims he's owned it since 2009 from the above article.

Property owner Rolando Melillo said he gave the sheriff’s office permission to dig up the land. He has never lived in the home, he said, and currently rents it to relatives of the former owner, Maria Martinez. Palm Beach County property records show she had owned the home since 1977 until she sold it to Melillo in 2009.

That's strange it shows last sold in 2019
This guy claims he's owned it since 2009 from the above article.

Property owner Rolando Melillo said he gave the sheriff’s office permission to dig up the land. He has never lived in the home, he said, and currently rents it to relatives of the former owner, Maria Martinez. Palm Beach County property records show she had owned the home since 1977 until she sold it to Melillo in 2009.

That is strange. Maybe 2009 is a typo in the article and it should say 2019? On the other hand, realtor.com can be incorrect sometimes. Either way, the current owner didn't live there in 1984. I'm doubtful that the previous owner had anything to do with Christy's death. Perhaps she was renting it out in 1984 or had other family members living there. MOO.

Third day of searching in Christy Luna case

Aug 7, 2019

[...]

Since Monday, a dozen anthropologists have been digging, sifting and processing what they've pulled from the earth.

No word yet on if they discovered any bones at the site.

The crew could return Thursday morning to continue searching.

Third day of searching in Christy Luna case

Streetview of the yard being searched: Google Maps

Surprisingly, the sheriff's office is right across the street.

And the store where Christy bought cat food is on the opposite corner (about 100 feet away):
Google Maps
I just saw that! The sheriff right across the darn street... I am sure it wasnt there back then, but still. What are the odds?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back