TX - 22 killed, 26 injured at Walmart, Cielo Vista, El Paso, 3 Aug 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. Lots of shop lifters steal expensive items, but make purchases of small items. There could be a credit card transaction as well as theft.

I avoid Walmart. Too big, too much stuff, too many people. I suppose that my online shopping has a benefit of staying safer.

oic that never occurred to me ty

Thanks, Leve. Racial/gender profiling just doesn't work that well - it narrows your focus. Instead, I'd want to pay attention to who is buying huge amounts of ammo and bullet proof vests and other gear. Who is posting on certain forums, expressing desire to do this. Who has been flagged many by friends, family, and schools as violent. I think that socioeconomics may well play a role in who can afford and is able to legally purchase this stuff, though.

GVA uses different guidelines than the government uses to determine what a mass shooting is. They use four or more shot (injured/killed) where as the government uses three or more killed. A large number of what GVA terms are shootings where noone is killed. The media uses those numbers while not reporting on a large number of the shootings outside of the local area. I'd also say a lot of them are gang or drug related as well.

The same thing happens with school shootings. They take any shooting that happens on school grounds or near the school regardless of whether or not it's a student committing the shooting and then they announce there's been X amount of school shootings which raises fears and hysteria.

Can you please provide links to the two sites you are compsring? Thanks

Thanks, Leve. Racial/gender profiling just doesn't work that well - it narrows your focus. Instead, I'd want to pay attention to who is buying huge amounts of ammo and bullet proof vests and other gear. Who is posting on certain forums, expressing desire to do this. Who has been flagged many by friends, family, and schools as violent. I think that socioeconomics may well play a role in who can afford and is able to,legally purchase this stuff though.
Hey you , are you well protected?
Racial and gender profiling does not work because it is bull *advertiser censored*. Of course you would pay attention to those who choose to well protect themselves. There is no challenge in those whom do not feel challenged. However the idea you seem to represent with who legally can purchase this stuff. Who is driving these fears? Where did they come from where did they go? Why did it happen and where do we go ?

Hey you , are you well protected?
Racial and gender profiling does not work because it is bull ****. Of course you would pay attention to those who choose to well protect themselves. There is no challenge in those whom do not feel challenged. However the idea you seem to represent with who legally can purchase this stuff. Who is driving these fears? Where did they come from where did they go? Why did it happen and where do we go ?

Not sure what you mean. We likely do not disagree. My point was knowing who has made threats/shown violence and is buying the tools of mass murder legally, with recognition of the reality that there are plenty of people doing so illegally.

Interesting. I can't access the NYT article due to paywall. GVA is pretty straight forward. They state exactly how they collect data and where their differences are from the NIH FBI.

Notably:

"Collection of Personal Characteristics
GVA does not collect or distribute victim or subject-suspect characteristics such as race, religion, mental health status, nationality, or political affiliations."

General Methodology | Gun Violence Archive

Interesting. I can't access the NYT article due to paywall. GVA is pretty straight forward. They state exactly how they collect data and where their differences are from the NIH FBI.

Notably:

"Collection of Personal Characteristics
GVA does not collect or distribute victim or subject-suspect characteristics such as race, religion, mental health status, nationality, or political affiliations."

General Methodology | Gun Violence Archive

Either clear your cache or open in a private window/tab and you will be able to view

I don't think they have psychosis at all. The show no signs most of them. You can't really hide that.

They have defects of character. They're losers. And yes, many are indeed alt-right. Some become radical Muslims. Some are anti-government. Some racist. But while tolerance of neo-nazism and promotion of racist rhetoric can certainly provide a fuel, a lot of these types aren't really motivated by an ideology. They just find something to justify their desire to hurt others

I don't think hate speech triggers these young, entitled types. They seek it out. Some of the more disturbed, older dudes who showed paranoid behavior for years and then shot up a synagogue or whatever? I do think in those case they're different and they were triggered - their paranoia was fostered.

But these younger ones just seem to be sexually frustrated, entitled social outcasts who fester with simmering rage that they don't have what they think the should. Then they go looking for something to give them an excuse to seek revenge on the happy. IMO.
I'm not a psychologist so maybe the word "psychosis is not the right one :)
What I'm trying to say is that if you kill somebody you don't know, somebody who did nothing bad to you or your family, somebody who is a perfect stranger to you (i.e. if you're a mass murderer or a serial killer) you're not normal. Your brain is not normal.
I don't think they're losers. 99% of the people in this world live a miserable life (or almost miserable), you can call them "losers" but they don't kill others.
I don't even think they're sexually frustrated because in these times sexual freedom is almost unlimited. Pretty much everybody can make sex with somebody. Even if nobody likes you, you can always find out somebody (via prostitution) or use your "imagination" (via *advertiser censored*).
I think these shooters are really...what can I say... "subnormal" and nothing else :(

I'm not a psychologist so maybe the word "psychosis is not the right one :)
What I'm trying to say is that if you kill somebody you don't know, somebody who did nothing bad to you or your family, somebody who is a perfect stranger to you (i.e. if you're a mass murderer or a serial killer) you're not normal. Your brain is not normal.
I don't think they're losers. 99% of the people in this world live a miserable life (or almost miserable), you can call them "losers" but they don't kill others.
I don't even think they're sexually frustrated because in these times sexual freedom is almost unlimited. Pretty much everybody can make sex with somebody. Even if nobody likes you, you can always find out somebody (via prostitution) or use your "imagination" (via *advertiser censored*).
I think these shooters are really...what can I say... "subnormal" and nothing else :(

It's criminal thinking.

Presidents and Mass Shootings
“Whether those shootings take place in Parkland or Las Vegas, Newtown or Fort Hood, the effect on our public discourse is the same. Those on the left call for more gun control. Those on the right talk about mental health and better enforcement of the laws already on the books. The emotional and intellectual responses of most individuals to such tragedies rarely influence our national discourse, except in one notable case: the president of the United States.”

52 mass shootings since 1966

Johnson 1 shooting 17 dead 30 injured

Reagan 3 shootings 40 dead 54 injured

Bush 4 shootings 41 dead 54 injured

Clinton 8 shootings 62 dead 78 injured

Bush 8 shootings 75 dead 62 injured

Obama 24 shootings 236 dead 257 injured

Trump 4 shootings 83 dead 512 injured

US mass shootings, 1982-2019: Data from Mother Jones’ investigation
US Mass Shootings, 1982-2019: Data From Mother Jones’ Investigation
The full data set from our in-depth investigation into mass shootings.

What you mean with criminal thinking Boxer? I think 90% of criminals are normal, they just want to rob, steal, kill or whatever but they can reflect and reason. If a criminal kills somebody he has some reason to do it. But psychos are different: they kill but they don't have any reason to do that. They feel something in their head, something they can't resist. :(

Video at the link
Statement from Jim Watkins, owner of 8chan, regarding recent events:

8chan (8ch.net) on Twitter

Not surprised the manifesto is fake, but also not sorry 8ch is gone. Many others got hit by censorship that didn't deserve it, though.

The way this event is being politicised and weaponized by the U.S. media is disgusting. I am truly sorry for those personally affected by the shooting and also those fighting for truth and the first amendment in the wake of it.

I'll be so happy when we don't see this as a political problem but an American one - when we all want to roll up our sleeves and get the work done to fix what ails us (and it's not one issue, but multi-faceted) rather than criticize others while we wait for lawmakers to do something. WE can do something, like refuse to make this into a partisan thing, which results in more division. That's step 1, imo.

We don't need more division.

jmo

Last edited:
What you mean with criminal thinking Boxer? I think 90% of criminals are normal, they just want to rob, steal, kill or whatever but they can reflect and reason. If a criminal kills somebody he has some reason to do it. But psychos are different: they kill but they don't have any reason to do that. They feel something in their head, something they can't resist. :(

They want something too, just not a material item. MOO They are criminals, and guns are just a quick easy way to murder.

MOO In this case he was focusing on killing rivals, i.e. being invaded by Mexicans. He was going to be a hero on 8Chan, MOO criminal gang status behavior.

Last edited:
<modsnip - quoted a removed post>​

LOVE IT!! You don't have to be in El Paso to take this challenge, imo. I'm totally in. Anyone else?

Thank you!

jmo

That's beautiful. I hope many people take it seriously. If more of us did something like this we would counteract some of this terror. I really believe so.

Last edited by a moderator:
The El Paso shooting suspect showed no remorse, police say

The man who authorities say opened fire at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, had a ”stone-cold look” when he surrendered, a police official who came face-to-face with him told CNN.

“It was a look I’d never seen before, and I’ve been on this force for 31 years,” the official said. “I’ve seen murderers, robbers, nothing like this.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen