Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It always troubles me when people say "She would NEVER" just because she never has before. Well, maybe that night was different. You hear this so often. She'd never get in a car with a stranger, she'd never meet up with someone she knew from the Internet, she is a great swimmer and she'd never jump in the ocean without a lifeguard, he would never hurt that child because he loves her, he seemed so happy and would surely never kill himself...

but she did. He did. They did.

Could I ask .... is Malaysia a popular vacation spot for Europeans?
I was wondering that also.

Looks like more of an adult (no tv and limited WiFi) needing stress relief type of place to me. The open concept with the 3 children (youngest being 8) and the parents closed off would concern me. Plus having to keep a constant eye out for strange insects and easily accessible pool.

Wonder what was the special appeal for the children? Orangutans? Flora? Birds?

It always troubles me when people say "She would NEVER" just because she never has before. Well, maybe that night was different. You hear this so often. She'd never get in a car with a stranger, she'd never meet up with someone she knew from the Internet, she is a great swimmer and she'd never jump in the ocean without a lifeguard, he would never hurt that child because he loves her, he seemed so happy and would surely never kill himself...

RBBM

Yes, I agree. And the idea of leaving non-perishable food and drinks is a great idea.

Prayers that she is found safe and sound.

rainbowPutti.jpg

That really stuck out to me tonight in the new statement- she would never go with someone or go out alone (not an exact quote). One or the other has happened, I am struggling with abduction as I think in an open plan villa- she would have woken someone if she struggled- but I also think this is her best hope (I don’t think I could last this long alone in the jungle). Hats off to the search party though and their absolute continued belief they can find her alive- it has happened before and I really hope it happens this time.

Looks like more of an adult (no tv and limited WiFi) needing stress relief type of place to me. The open concept with the 3 children (youngest being 8) and the parents closed off would concern me. Plus having to keep a constant eye out for strange insects and easily accessible pool.

I agree.It sounds a very strange choice of holiday destination for a family with 3 children and they were booked there for 2 weeks.

I agree.It sounds a very strange choice of holiday destination for a family with 3 children and they were booked there for 2 weeks.

The SM page for resort has many photos with children. And music artists and DJ’s etc. i think it must have been recommended by a travel advisor and as an “escape the daily grind” back to nature experience. Not for me at all but they seem to be well traveled. I worked with an attorney once who did his college internship in Mongolia where he stayed in “luxury tents”. Some people really like out of the ordinary.

Assuming the parents were sleeping downstairs and the children upstairs, if the bathroom was on the ground floor and it was discovered at 8am that Norah was missing, were the parents alerted by one of the other children or had the parents gone upstairs to waken them and discovered her missing? Apologies if this has been posted already as I’m still catching up with all the previous posts.

Assuming the parents were sleeping downstairs and the children upstairs, if the bathroom was on the ground floor and it was discovered at 8am that Norah was missing, were the parents alerted by one of the other children or had the parents gone upstairs to waken them and discovered her missing? Apologies if this has been posted already as I’m still catching up with all the previous posts.

I think her father discovered her missing. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Could I ask .... is Malaysia a popular vacation spot for Europeans?

As others have said it's long-haul and not the most obvious choice for a family holiday. There are plenty of European families around but more typically around the beach areas, tourist spots and the islands. I agree this kind of isolated resort seems a slightly odd choice for a whole fortnight - most children of that age would pretty bored after a few days.

Kinda, but most people I know who go/went there are young people backpacking on gap years or people on honeymoon. I don't think it would be a major family destination because it involves a lot of travelling. Maybe it's more direct from London. From here it would require one or two connections. I know from family travelling to and from Australia it's not much fun doing lot haul flights and connections with a group of kids

Were all the other houses booked? Did any guests leave the day Nora went missing?

I think that's a very good question! She could have been held in another cabin and then taken away. (That leaves the big question how anyone would have gotten to her in the first place though, surely she wasn't carried/forced down those spiral staircase without a sound.)

I don't care. Right now I am not trusting the dogs or anyone else for that matter..If she fell out and crawled, there would be no footprints anywhere. I think tucked up she could be very small. Small enough to fit in places we can't iimagine. Behind the garbage can and the fence there.....in the little playhouse outside....etc.

And then she would just stay there and die of dehydration? I think survival instinct would have kicked in after just a day and she would have come out. jmo

Last edited:

The only way you can say NEVER is if someone isn't physically capable. If they are, even a slight bit, you can say "it would be highly out of character for her to wander off on her own" but there is still a chance it could have happened. Improbable - yes but impossible - no.

As others have said it's long-haul and not the most obvious choice for a family holiday. There are plenty of European families around but more typically around the beach areas, tourist spots and the islands. I agree this kind of isolated resort seems a slightly odd choice for a whole fortnight - most children of that age would pretty bored after a few days.
I have two friends who live very near Kuala Lumpur and teach in the schools over there. Neither family has ever visited this particular area (which in itself is a bit strange as it’s only an hour away and I would have thought in the last few years they would have been most places that are worth a visit)

I can't see how leaving food out could be viable. How far could they even distribute it? Where do you even put it? It's dense jungle so anything on the ground wouldn't be seen well. Animals would just take the food swiftly anyway. It's a sweet idea but just wouldn't work imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member