OH - 10 killed including Gunman, 16 injured, Mass Shooting, Oregon District, Dayton, 4 Aug 2019 #2

I think dad has an office type job and mom at least used to work in retail.

Dad worked in IT for a defense contractor, probably work related to nearby Wright Patterson Air Force Base. It was in an article from last week.

Connor Betts’ Family: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

On Facebook, Steve Betts, Connor Betts’ father, posted biographical information about himself. He wrote that he was “technical Lead at Altamira Technologies Corporation” and former Software Lackey at General Dynamics – Advanced Information Systems.”

As info, this may be the only autopsy information released. A couple of years ago, then AG Mike DeWine took the drastic step of appealing lawsuits with 2 Ohio newspapers to the Ohio Supreme Court making it illegal to share any final autopsy report with the news media or the public in general.

DeWine took this action in connection with the autopsies of 8 members of the Rhoden family who were murdered in their homes in Pike County, OH.

The only autopsy information now available to the news media is that from preliminary autopsies. Members of the news media are allowed to go into a private room to look at the reports, but they can't take notes or bring any type of recording or photo devices.

There won't be any information made public about toxicology, etc. as its not included in a preliminary AR.

Yeah, it was a pretty shocking decision, rare in the U.S. If they release info from the final AR's in this case, it will look very bad for the AG and governor, both of whom are in complete control of this process.

Ohio Supreme Court: Complete autopsy reports on Rhodens are not public

Dennis Hetzel, president of the Ohio News Media Association, called the Ohio Supreme Court's decision a "troubling result."

"Not only will more autopsy reports be secret in the future, the justices may have created a broad expansion of the investigative record exemption that will affect many other situations," he said.

Enquirer attorney Jack Greiner agreed, adding that the decision was a classic case of the court making up its mind on how it wanted the case to come out and then finding a path there.

Way to go Ohio! :confused:

Last edited:
I've attended rallies to protest the KKK and racism. Like everyone else, I'm always unarmed. Am I a violent antifa person? Just wondering how this labeling thing works.
Just wanted to directly respond to your antifa question. No. You aren't even a member of "antifa" the way it will be defined in an anticipated terrorist group designation.

I don't like the term Antifa.
I've seen the word Antifa with a picture of Dwight Eisenhower next to it

Antifa are anarchists. Just because someone is anti-fascist doesn't mean they're Antifa. Give Antifa another name. I wish they were lumped with Anonymous. (Although it's a different group, Anonymous and Antifa pretty much are the same thing) Or Black Bloc.

Naive people are thinking Antifa are good to hang with because they are anti-fascist, so naive people get sucked in with them and innocent people can get swept up into something that they don't want to be swept up with etc etc. And if they are designated a terror group, people will think it is illegal to be against fascism :mad:

Most of us are anti-fascist. Most of us hate Nazis. I hate white nationalism. But I don't support anarchy. The Anti-defamation League does not support Antifa, but lots of people think they do....

OK...rant of confusion....

Last edited:
As info, this may be the only autopsy information released. A couple of years ago, then AG Mike DeWine took the drastic step of appealing lawsuits with 2 Ohio newspapers to the Ohio Supreme Court making it illegal to share any final autopsy report with the news media or the public in general.

DeWine took this action in connection with the autopsies of 8 members of the Rhoden family who were murdered in their homes in Pike County, OH.

The only autopsy information now available to the news media is that from preliminary autopsies. Members of the news media are allowed to go into a private room to look at the reports, but they can't take notes or bring any type of recording or photo devices.

There won't be any information made public about toxicology, etc. as its not included in a preliminary AR.

Yeah, it was a pretty shocking decision, rare in the U.S. If they release info from the final AR's in this case, it will look very bad for the AG and governor, both of whom are in complete control of this process.

Ohio Supreme Court: Complete autopsy reports on Rhodens are not public

Way to go Ohio! :confused:

So weird.

But, I expect, if I filed a lawsuit against some party (maybe the State of Ohio) wherein I claimed I was owed civil damages for some reason related to the murders, my lawyer could easily get those reports...just not the media.

So weird.

But, I expect, if I filed a lawsuit against some party (maybe the State of Ohio) wherein I claimed I was owed civil damages for some reason related to the murders, my lawyer could easily get those reports...just not the media.

Yes, it's really strange. Open government has it's roots in the founding of our nation, etc.

AG DeWine and his office spent a lot of money and time pursuing those two cases. Had to reassign several supreme court judges due to conflicts of interest (DeWine's own son is a justice on the Ohio Supreme Court) and numerous recusals. Even now, after arrests were made in the murders, its unclear why it was necessary to keep those autopsy reports secret. DeWine didn't appear to have compassion for or special interest in 8 the deceased victims.

It will be interesting to see how he handles this.

Most of us are anti-fascist. Most of us hate Nazis. I hate white nationalism. But I don't support anarchy. The Anti-defamation League does not support Antifa, but lots of people think they do....
Yes.

I just want to add that occasionally Fascists masquerade as Antifa to provoke violence during high profile events.

Yes.

I just want to add that occasionally Fascists masquerade as Antifa to provoke violence during high profile events.
So I'm the only one who can't post about Antifa without getting kicked off the site...got it lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back