Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People were warned about the danger, but they were free to do as they pleased. That's not surprising. There were warnings about Hwy 97 in BC and that didn't stop people from traveling on the highway.

Police on Highway 97 did not retreat, citing concerns for their own safety. No weapons were reported by the witness/victim.

Wow, did Kam really say that? I never read or heard that before! Interesting choice of words - joy ride. I think of joy ride as in a stolen car but that's just me. You think he'd say vacation, adventure, wanting to see the wilderness, etc. I think I'm looking too much into it, I just don't think I've ever used the word joy ride lol, we always said "roadtrip".

When I was 21 in 1980, I said, “trip out west.” Mine was a genuine joyride that included a remarkable number of similar events to the ones described in these posts — minus any murders.

Last edited:
Thank you so much! @Tarika, here it is if you still haven't seen it.

I liked BS's uncle and feel sorry for him--can't imagine what he's going through--and he provided quite a bit of helpful details that confirm some of what we have discussed, beyond just saying the amount of cash they had was "fair."

One of the things I found most interesting is he said BS saw him the day before they left (July 11th apparently), and the trip was at least already in the works then. AS wasn't notified until the next day when he was already on his way to see him, which I honestly have always found a bit rude of BS since he apparently knew his dad visited on a regular schedule. Does kind of suggest to me their relationship, though better in recent years, was still maybe a bit tenuous.

He doesn't specifically say BS couldn't drive, but he did mention a couple of times that he didn't have a DL and it was KM"s truck. Based on all the times it has been confirmed that KM was driving, I think AS was probably correct in saying BS couldn't drive.

He says he knew of KM being a friend of BS's but that they never met, which solidifies what AS said about BS going to KM's house and not the other way around.

He apparently knew enough of KM through BS to say that KM was "a little more outgoing" than BS. So, he said he couldn't speak to KM's involvement in community events and things but confirmed that BS was not involved in any sports teams or community groups. This seems to confirm people's recollections of seeing KM around at hockey games (I assume in attendance and not as a player), LAN tournaments, and coffee shops but not BS at those events.

I also found it interesting that he said an RCMP staff sergeant told him that people often don't see the full side of someone, so his memories of BS being nice and polite and not seeing this other side of him made sense. It sounded kind of like, in his own way, the Mountie was trying to console BS's family.

At the risk of reigniting another thing we have talked about (Height-gate), I found it interesting he mentioned BS being 6'. I think he must have misspoke there, though, because BS has always looked quite a bit taller than that to me?

All MOO

Last edited:
People were warned about the danger, but they were free to do as they pleased. That's not surprising. There were warnings about Hwy 97 in BC and that didn't stop people from traveling on the highway.

That's not what @Gina20 was talking about at all. The post was addressing the RCMP saying they didn't stay in the area of the RAV4 because of the danger of the suspects being close by... yet they opened the area up and the media and public were in the area for days afterwards.

I think nothing will be found because dying was not how they thought it would end. I can’t get the point of driving through four provinces in 3 days just to burn their stolen car and then die by suicide especially if they weren’t aware they’d been named suspects. I think there’s a greater chance they died unintentionally by natural causes after a failed attempt to cross the Nelson River. JMO

And then they heard the planes & helicopters... and then it rained.

Is there any information available that tells us how long the truck and camper were burning before being discovered/reported?
Someone must have called the Fire Dept.

Any info on what caused the truck fire? Could it be caused from propane in the camper being left turned on, or a propane leak?

Police on Highway 97 did not retreat, citing concerns for their own safety. No weapons were reported by the witness/victim.

My point is that although people in Dease Lake, Liard Hot Springs, the Alaska Hwy and Gillam area were all warned about an RCMP major crime unit investigation related to suspicious deaths, that did not prevent people from being in those areas, driving the highways and picking berries.

[bbm]

like maybe they thought might as well take a few out with us so we get to experience what it's like to kill someone before we kill ourselves?

Before we kill each other... to see if we can actually do this. Hmm. This really resonates with me as it throws some actual logic into the picture...assuming they did have a couple of guns though. Or maybe one was the appointed shooter, assuming they had a pact. JMO of course.

Is there any information available that tells us how long the truck and camper were burning before being discovered/reported?
Someone must have called the Fire Dept.

Any info on what caused the truck fire? Could it be caused from propane in the camper being left turned on, or a propane leak?
The belief is that they torched it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member