GUILTY MO - Nicholas, 35, & Justin Diemel, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST* #2

...(I believe he sold the Diemiels cattle to foster and did not notify Diemel's. Diemel's were being charged monthly for feed and care. Many unanswered questions and a tangled web that was weaved. IMO
... We are unknowing on most since only info is posted on mo case net and does not cover cattle fraud and bankruptcy. This site does provide clarity and facts. It seems he was in deep, considering the J4S business review I viewed which is in addition to Foster and Diemel's...

@sluethlocal :) Thanks for your post. ^snipped for focus
Para 1 - Yes, possible that Nelson sold some/all of Diemels' cattle to Foster. Is it also possible Nelson had more cattle on the property, in addition to Diemels', Foster's, his own (if he even had any), that there is/was cattle belonging to another person?

Re: bbm#2. Could this identify another victim?
Bizapedia.com J4S Farm Enterprises, Inc. (filed June 11, 2018)
An unhappy user from Hiattville KS, posted May 27, 2019, and referred to others dealing w J4S.

Hmm. Interesting timing, more or less coinciding w Diemels and Foster.

{{{ETA: Hiattville, Kansas address of ^ Bizapedia reviewer, is close to Ft. Scott in SE Kansas, which is area where Foster lives and/or has businesses. In an earlier post, I mistakenly said Ft. Scott was in SW Kansas. Too late to edit that, my apologies.}}}

See also on bizapedia:
TJ4S Cattle, LLC., also filed June 11, 2108.
Overlapping info re agent name & address.
^ I think this is all we can say, per ToS.

Last edited:
When Were Diemels' Suspicions Raised? Nelson's Planning?

@Teleah Smith :) Thanks for your post. ^bbm

July 21, Sun. ......... Diemels left WI home, went to MO, saw Nelson.
July 5, Fri. ............. Foster talked w D.
Pre July 5 convo ... F talked w D, who said N's ck, "wasn't any good."
Before ^..................1-2 wks after ck mailed, imo, ck returned NSF, imo.
How much time passed for N either to sell cattle or pretend to?
Before ^.................. Ds asked/told N to sell their cattle & send $.
Before ^ ................ Ds' suspicions were raised?

When were Diemels' suspicions first raised?
As early as .... ? What aroused suspicions?
As late as ..... June 21 to 28, when Ds asked/told N to sell, send ck?
As late as ..... post June 21-28 but pre-July 5, when ck returned NSF?

When did Nelson start planning his response? When Diemel told him to sell cattle? When (if) Diemel phoned re NSF check was returned? Sometime before D's in-person visit at farm? Or only after they arrived?

Very good post. I do like a detailed timeline of facts. in reference to July 21, post is most likely incorrect as ND and JD spent the night of the 20th in Cameron MO, spent time the morning of the 21st approx 0930 arriving at JN place that was owned by TSF. This is how the 74 acre farm was saved last time when claimed bankruptcy and JN owned no land. Not sure except for the cattle last time collateral was provided. We just all want to understand what happened? Very few details after arriving at JN farm. Many unanswered questions I have and hopefully police and investigation can clarify in future.

Very good post. I do like a detailed timeline of facts. in reference to July 21, post is most likely incorrect as ND and JD spent the night of the 20th in Cameron MO, spent time the morning of the 21st approx 0930 arriving at JN place that was owned by TSF....
@sluethlocal :) Thanks for your post. ^bbm for focus.

Thank you very much for the date correction.
Did the brothers leave WI July 20?
Did they have cattle being raised by others besides Nelson?
IIRC, I read some in Indiana and Mo?
So, on July 20-21 did they visit Cameron area farms w their cattle?

Also I understand Nelson does/did not own the 74 acre farm property on which he runs/ran his part of the cow-calf operations.
Did he own other real est before his b'ruptcy (his 48 page B /R filing did not disclose any R/E holding) or before his trial & prison sentence?
Does he own other real estate, maybe adjoining counties?
Like you said TSF owns the 74 ac prop. Did she also own it before Nelson's b'ruptcy, his trial & prison sentence.

Not following the part of ^ post "cattle last time collateral was provided."

Like you say, many questions.

@sluethlocal :) Thanks for your post. ^bbm for focus.

Thank you very much for the date correction.
Did the brothers leave WI July 20? They flew from Milwaukee, WI to Kansas City on July 20th with a return flight scheduled for 1:50pm on Sunday, July 21st.
Did they have cattle being raised by others besides Nelson? According to early news reports, they visited several farms on Saturday around the area, (see links from 1st thread page comments).
IIRC, I read some in Indiana and Mo? Nick’s wife Lisa explains they have cattle being raised in many states around the midwest (see news links on 1st thread page comments).
So, on July 20-21 did they visit Cameron area farms w their cattle? They visited farms in several counties, according to a statement made by Sheriff Fisch early on in the investigation (again see links from 1st thread).

Also I understand Nelson does/did not own the 74 acre farm property on which he runs/ran his part of the cow-calf operations.
Did he own other real est before his b'ruptcy (his 48 page B /R filing did not disclose any R/E holding) or before his trial & prison sentence? According to bankruptcy paperwork posted in the 1st thread, he didn’t own real estate, he leased/rented some land.
Does he own other real estate, maybe adjoining counties? Unknown
Like you said TSF owns the 74 ac prop. Did she also own it before Nelson's b'ruptcy, his trial & prison sentence.

TSF has owned this prior to bankruptcy and she is listed on one of the pages.
Not following the part of ^ post "cattle last time collateral was provided."

Like you say, many questions.

Quote from article:
"The status of his remains is unknown to petitioner; and there are assets and debts that should be subject to a probate proceeding."

Lisa Diemel filed an identical request for 24-year-old Justin Diemel, who is unmarried. The brothers' parents, Jack and Pamela Diemel, also signed the petition related to Justin.

The petitions sought "authority to run and administer the day to day activities of Diemel Livestock LLC; including but not limited to paying employees and contractors, entering into contracts, ordering supplies, paying bills and creditors, making cash distributions to members in accordance with their operating document and providing for family allowances."

The documents also give Lisa Diemel the power to "investigate and secure (the brothers') financial information and pay personal bills and expenses."

Missing Diemel brothers: Missouri man connected to disappearance appeared in court Thursday

Quote from article:
"The status of his remains is unknown to petitioner; and there are assets and debts that should be subject to a probate proceeding."

Lisa Diemel filed an identical request for 24-year-old Justin Diemel, who is unmarried. The brothers' parents, Jack and Pamela Diemel, also signed the petition related to Justin.

The petitions sought "authority to run and administer the day to day activities of Diemel Livestock LLC; including but not limited to paying employees and contractors, entering into contracts, ordering supplies, paying bills and creditors, making cash distributions to members in accordance with their operating document and providing for family allowances."

The documents also give Lisa Diemel the power to "investigate and secure (the brothers') financial information and pay personal bills and expenses."

Missing Diemel brothers: Missouri man connected to disappearance appeared in court Thurs

DBM

I love this!!

Bonduel salon holds Hair Cut-A-Thon for Diemel family

Bonduel salon holds Hair Cut-A-Thon for Diemel family

"There's not a lot you can do for them other than this, you know,” said Connie Leitzke, Owner of Salon Performance in Bonduel.

The disappearance of the Diemel brothers hits close to home for her.

“The mom of the boys, Pam, grew up right next door to me; so I've known Pam pretty much our whole life. We have two boys and you just put yourself in their shoes and you can't… you can't imagine what that family is going through,” said Leitzke."

Okay guys, please make this easy to understand in my simple mind. What do u think JN’s end game was here? Was he trying to raise cattle on a bargain basement budget, then sell the herds twice?

Whatever he was doing it couldn’t last long or end well from the sound of it. How long could this reasonably/realistically have gone on if the brothers hadn’t shown up?
Blondie that's a good point! Scary pointy but a good one.

Quote from article:

Missing Diemel brothers: Missouri man connected to disappearance appeared in court Thursday
I don't see any of what you quoted in this article, unless it was removed. Are you sure this is the right article?

As a cattle producer, I have been interested in following the thread on this horrible situation. I can't imagine losing someone like this, especially to another farmer/rancher. We do tend to trust each other more than the average city raised person can understand, so I see how JN was able to get away with his business dealings without others being aware of his past.
I keep seeing people post things about JN selling the Diemels cattle to Foster, but if you listen to the Foster interview you will see that Foster originally purchased those calves for JN to raise. JN was to provide the labor and the feed. Foster apparently believed they could sell these calves at a profit which they would split.

https://www.kctv5.com/.../article_e027ac90-b91b-11e9-aa86-cb91c253c23c.html
interview with Foster

Quotes from the article:
"“Our arrangement was that I was going to purchase the calves,” Foster said. “He was going to feed and raise them and when they got to weaning weight, we were going to sell them and split the profit.”
“It came time to be due for them to be weaned and sold and he was coming up with all these excuses and stories as to why he hadn't sold them,” Foster said.

Instead, Nelson showed up at Foster’s dairy with roughly 35 of the 131 cattle and dropped them off in one of his pastures."

The calves were purchased from Diemel by Foster with an agreement that Nelson would feed and raise them to about 500 to 600 pounds or typical weaning weights. I believe I saw where this arrangement was begun in November and the remaining calves were dropped off at Fosters in late June or early July. That would indicate JN had those calves for about 7 months, or the normal weaning age of a beef calf.

That leads me to believe the calves JN received to raise were bottle calves and probably only a few days old. The most likely source of calves that young would be from a Dairy. In the past most dairies bred all of their cows to dairy bulls to make replacements. Now, with sexed semen available, many dairies use artificial insemination to breed only their best cows to dairy bulls using female semen, and breed the rest to beef bulls using male semen. All calves are removed from the cow shortly after birth and fed milk-replacer from a bottle or bucket. The beef cross calves are often sold to others. I think Diemels may have had the connections to Wisconsin dairy farms and were able to provide the calves purchased by Foster to be raised by JN. If JN was able to convince Diemels that he had been successful in turning a profit raising bottle calves, they may have agreed to let him raise other calves they provided with their own money.

The problem with bottle calves is that they are notoriously difficult to keep alive and even more difficult to make a profit on. They need to drink a quality milk replacer at $80 or more for a 50-pound bag for 6 to 8 weeks. It may be cheaper in the Midwest, but it isn’t cheap anywhere. They must be fed multiple times per day and may go through several bags of replacer before they are eating enough solid food to wean off the replacer. They must be weaned onto high quality expensive feed & forage in order to gain an acceptable amount by the time they reach normal weaning weight. If everything goes perfect and you don’t consider your time of much value, you may sell them for more than what it cost you to get them to that weight. With any calves you should expect to lose some to death, and with bottle calves the death loss is usually much higher. Once you have a few calves show up with scours (diarrhea) it can quickly move through the whole herd with catastrophic affects. Losing 96 out of 135 is certainly not unheard of, and may not be JN’s fault. Another problem is that unless you disinfect everything those sick calves came in contact with, future calves are at risk. Wood is a common component of most barns and is near impossible to disinfect. While JN may be unskilled at raising bottle calves and that could be the reason for the high death loss, it is also possible he had a virus, bacteria or parasite that wiped out those calves in spite of them getting the best of care. I am actually surprised that Foster, as a former dairyman, would have taken the risk of trying to make money on bottle calves. JN must have given him a good sales-pitch.

As a cattle producer, I have been interested in following the thread on this horrible situation. I can't imagine losing someone like this, especially to another farmer/rancher. We do tend to trust each other more than the average city raised person can understand, so I see how JN was able to get away with his business dealings without others being aware of his past.
I keep seeing people post things about JN selling the Diemels cattle to Foster, but if you listen to the Foster interview you will see that Foster originally purchased those calves for JN to raise. JN was to provide the labor and the feed. Foster apparently believed they could sell these calves at a profit which they would split.

https://www.kctv5.com/.../article_e027ac90-b91b-11e9-aa86-cb91c253c23c.html
interview with Foster

Quotes from the article:
"“Our arrangement was that I was going to purchase the calves,” Foster said. “He was going to feed and raise them and when they got to weaning weight, we were going to sell them and split the profit.”
“It came time to be due for them to be weaned and sold and he was coming up with all these excuses and stories as to why he hadn't sold them,” Foster said.

Instead, Nelson showed up at Foster’s dairy with roughly 35 of the 131 cattle and dropped them off in one of his pastures."

The calves were purchased from Diemel by Foster with an agreement that Nelson would feed and raise them to about 500 to 600 pounds or typical weaning weights. I believe I saw where this arrangement was begun in November and the remaining calves were dropped off at Fosters in late June or early July. That would indicate JN had those calves for about 7 months, or the normal weaning age of a beef calf.

That leads me to believe the calves JN received to raise were bottle calves and probably only a few days old. The most likely source of calves that young would be from a Dairy. In the past most dairies bred all of their cows to dairy bulls to make replacements. Now, with sexed semen available, many dairies use artificial insemination to breed only their best cows to dairy bulls using female semen, and breed the rest to beef bulls using male semen. All calves are removed from the cow shortly after birth and fed milk-replacer from a bottle or bucket. The beef cross calves are often sold to others. I think Diemels may have had the connections to Wisconsin dairy farms and were able to provide the calves purchased by Foster to be raised by JN. If JN was able to convince Diemels that he had been successful in turning a profit raising bottle calves, they may have agreed to let him raise other calves they provided with their own money.

The problem with bottle calves is that they are notoriously difficult to keep alive and even more difficult to make a profit on. They need to drink a quality milk replacer at $80 or more for a 50-pound bag for 6 to 8 weeks. It may be cheaper in the Midwest, but it isn’t cheap anywhere. They must be fed multiple times per day and may go through several bags of replacer before they are eating enough solid food to wean off the replacer. They must be weaned onto high quality expensive feed & forage in order to gain an acceptable amount by the time they reach normal weaning weight. If everything goes perfect and you don’t consider your time of much value, you may sell them for more than what it cost you to get them to that weight. With any calves you should expect to lose some to death, and with bottle calves the death loss is usually much higher. Once you have a few calves show up with scours (diarrhea) it can quickly move through the whole herd with catastrophic affects. Losing 96 out of 135 is certainly not unheard of, and may not be JN’s fault. Another problem is that unless you disinfect everything those sick calves came in contact with, future calves are at risk. Wood is a common component of most barns and is near impossible to disinfect. While JN may be unskilled at raising bottle calves and that could be the reason for the high death loss, it is also possible he had a virus, bacteria or parasite that wiped out those calves in spite of them getting the best of care. I am actually surprised that Foster, as a former dairyman, would have taken the risk of trying to make money on bottle calves. JN must have given him a good sales-pitch.

Thank you cow/calf, that was incredibly informative!

The USDA report is from May and that is supposedly a few weeks after the 30 cattle were dumped at Fosters.
2019-08-08-jpg.197737
According to the above, the USDA report on the inspection of the calves, dumped by JN at Foster's farm a week earlier, is from May. The calves were 5-6 months old at that time.

I could not remember when it was said the calves were left at Fosters, but 5-6 month old calves in May would indicate calves born in November or December. I believe I read somewhere on here that the agreement began in November. If they were delivered shortly after that they would have been only a few days old. Anyone who has ever raised a larger group of bottle calves will tell you that sometimes it can be very challenging keeping them alive and growing.

I could not remember when it was said the calves were left at Fosters, but 5-6 month old calves in May would indicate calves born in November or December. I believe I read somewhere on here that the agreement began in November. If they were delivered shortly after that they would have been only a few days old. Anyone who has ever raised a larger group of bottle calves will tell you that sometimes it can be very challenging keeping them alive and growing.
Just as a point of reference. We they were discussing once the weening of the calves was complete means, Cows and calves together for this time period. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back