Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s another one of those variations that seems common when different newspapers print the stories. In some the ranch owner says they left the 12th, in other its stated the 13th. Either way the Pink Mountain Camping seems highly unlikely. I guess if Fowler and Deese left Hudson’s Hope on the 13th they stayed somewhere around Fort Nelson after the gas station visit at 7:30pm.
Lucas/Chynna left the Hudson's Hope ranch early morning of July 13 and were in Fort Nelson around 7PM.

Since the distance is only about 5 hours, we can deduce they stopped in between. Their social media prove that they like to stop and take cool selfies.

So, we have no reason to discount the Pink Mountain campground employee. They probably stopped, used the facilities, ate lunch, etc. July 13 afternoon.

Crazy.... watching 60 mins ( Aus ) tonight seeing pictures of Bryer, he had blue eyes just like his dad.

Not useful information..... it just spun me out, as all footage I have seen he looks like his eye colour was dark.
Yeah I also was personally surprised a few days ago when I realized both Bryer and Kam were quite blue-eyed. I think I first noticed it in a younger pic of Bryer and in Kam's graduation photo.

In the initial photos I'd seen and the surveillance footage, it wasn't obvious, and like you, I'd just thought they had a darker eye color. As you say, not important in the grand scheme of things, but just something I noticed.

He was angry with the system, his wife and HIV contaminated blood, so he raised his son to shoot and practice shooting in virtual environments? No wonder court orders prevented unsupervised contact with his son.

I'm so far behind and have no hope on catching up and reading all the posts so I'm just going to have to jump in. Can anybody point me to a link as to What is the reference about as to HIV contaminated blood mentioned by this post above?

I'm so far behind and have no hope on catching up and reading all the posts so I'm just going to have to jump in. Can anybody point me to a link as to What is the reference about as to HIV contaminated blood mentioned by this post above?
Take a look at this, @dixiegirl1035:

Royal Commission of Inquiry on the Blood System in Canada - Wikipedia

Basically, The Red Cross used blood products contaminated with HIV and many people requiring transfusions became infected and some died, like AS’s dad. It led the end of the Red Cross as a blood bank in Canada.

RCMP are looking along the Sundance Creek, which connects the Rav4 with the Nelson River. If they took that route, what are the chances that a boat was sitting there? They are looking at the possibility that they walked until the river cliffs became so steep that they couldn't continue on the shore.

Google

View attachment 197941

View attachment 197943

View attachment 197944

Sundance Creek
I think that the chances of finding a boat there are HIGH because they did indeed end up with a boat. Do you have a link for the LE think they walked part? From what I read LE said the shore was impassible on foot: the ground too sloped and the current too strong in the water.

It's not because of crime, but because some folks leave their garbage behind, and use the bushes for unhygienic purposes, and because it's competition for camping spots with businesses that are trying to earn a living. There could be forest fire risks and other such considerations too.
OK, that sounds like safer reasons!

Lucas's father said at the outset that it sounded like a robbery gone wrong. As a very senior police officer, he may well have had a lot more info that we weren't and still aren't privy to.

Oh, wow, really? Do you know where he said that?

If he said that to me it kind of confirms it. Not only because of him having possible inside information, but also because of his expertise with being a police officer. Personally, I'm going to assume it was a robbery gone wrong unless significant evidence comes out indicating otherwise. There are so many other little details indicating in that direction. JMO.

60 Minutes Australia: EXCLUSIVE: Disturbing insight on Canada's teen killers | 60 Minutes Australia

It's approximately 17m 36s long

Wow. I know a lot of people have criticized Bryer's dad for doing this interview, but I don't think he did it for narcissistic purposes or anything. I think he was very real with what he said, and even acknowledged where he failed as a parent, and what factors led to Bryer being like this. I can understand why he won't fully accept Bryer is a killer, both because the police haven't released that much info, and also just shock and denial. It's clear to me that he truly loved Bryer despite not being able to be there as a parent due to mental health issues. "I wanted my son to be someone amazing"...heartbreaking. And maybe with access to better resources he would have been. None of this had to happen.

Also, "He's not going to lose it and go stir-crazy in the woods"...well I guess he was wrong on that one....I'm also surprised they didn't ask him about the whole Nazi thing.

"I wanted my son to be someone amazing"...heartbreaking. And maybe with access to better resources he would have been. None of this had to happen.
Yeah, it really is heartbreaking.

I had creeped AS’s Facebook page (because, well, I’m a creep I guess, as many of us on here secretly are!), and he had a pic of a business card he had made for Schmegelsky and Son construction and a photo or two of the two of them working on a job.

I wonder why BS went back to his grandma after that. You have to wonder if he had stayed with his dad, started working hard in construction, if maybe things would have gone an entirely different track.

Bryer's father said in his book that his own father had contracted HIV from blood transfusions.

i have been watching this story since it started and even joined websleuths to be able to share certain thoughts. one of my first thoughts was looking at the burned out truck. i can not help but notice that the frame is bent, you can see the bed of the truck on the drivers side sitting eneven from the passanger, that bed is bolted to the frame and fire would not be able to bend a truck frame. the roof is questionable at best, yes metal will bend in fire but you can cleasrly see the strongest part of the roof is fractured and broken.i belive that type of fatigue and sharp creases in the metal is not the result of a fire. i have had the privelage of working as an auto mechanic for a few years as well as a volunteer firemen for the past 20 years, so needless to say i have seen my share of car fires and looking at that scene i can tell you somthings not right

Just curious, why is everyone mentioning the amount of pages in the thread. I get it's more pages than most but what difference does it make?

Does it take longer to load for some people?

I'm thinking they split the thread when the topic lulls. That way new people coming in don't miss back pages for an ongoing topic.

If they split it now - with all the topics covered recently - new people wouldn't be able to look back on pages for background.

I see you joined on April 26th, so you may not know the usual goings-on here. There is usually a limit to each thread of about 1,000 posts. And then they make a new thread.

That usually is the standard here four cases in Threads and that is why people probably are mentioning it. They are folks who have been around for a while and who noticed the difference.

And yes, the reason that they do such has been mentioned many times by the owner in the moderators as 2 difficulty loading when it gets longer.

Moo

There is an obvious question that the journalist from Australian 60 Minutes, and for that matter other journalists, should have asked Alan Schmegelsky: Do you have the Airsoft gun?

If he has it, one would think that Australian 60 Minutes would show it. If he doesn’t, one would think that the programme would say where Schmegelsky thinks it is and last saw it. It’s possible, of course, that the RCMP have it.

I also would have thought that the show, or some other journalist, would say what model Airsoft gun it is and show a decent picture of it in addition to the indistinct photo of Bryer Schmegelsky lying on the ground with it.

60 Minutes, presumably speaking of Australian dollars, says that Alan Schmegelsky paid $600 for the gun. That’s CAD540. Less 12% sales tax, that’s about CAD475 or USD375.

That is at the higher end of the Airsoft market, but there are quite a few Airsoft guns at about that price, and the price may well include some accessories.

More to come on this...

I am feeling the same as @scrappinkat said above. Perhaps the question that should be asked is why did the mom fight to keep him away from their son for 8 years, only to turn around and essential abandon the boy? Was finding a new man more important than raising her son if she was so adamant about keeping the dad away from him?

Working my way back in the threads. Where did this come from to get the opinion that she turned around and essentially abandon the boy? To find a new man? Is there a link?

Yeah, it really is heartbreaking.

I had creeped AS’s Facebook page (because, well, I’m a creep I guess, as many of us on here secretly are!), and he had a pic of a business card he had made for Schmegelsky and Son construction and a photo or two of the two of them working on a job.

I wonder why BS went back to his grandma after that. You have to wonder if he had stayed with his dad, started working hard in construction, if maybe things would have gone an entirely different track.

Well, in the program they said his dad had struggled with homelessness and mental illness for the past two years, so you do the math. Bryer also likely didn't want to live 2.5 hours away from Kam...now of course we realize it would have been for the best if he had.

i have been watching this story since it started and even joined websleuths to be able to share certain thoughts. one of my first thoughts was looking at the burned out truck. i can not help but notice that the frame is bent, you can see the bed of the truck on the drivers side sitting eneven from the passanger, that bed is bolted to the frame and fire would not be able to bend a truck frame. the roof is questionable at best, yes metal will bend in fire but you can cleasrly see the strongest part of the roof is fractured and broken.i belive that type of fatigue and sharp creases in the metal is not the result of a fire. i have had the privelage of working as an auto mechanic for a few years as well as a volunteer firemen for the past 20 years, so needless to say i have seen my share of car fires and looking at that scene i can tell you somthings not right

Well, RCMP has been and will continue to investigate the crimes. RCMPBC has already said in a PC that there is substantial evidence that connects the two killers to both crime scenes. They've had a great deal of help from many experts and agencies and have spent a huge amount of time gathering evidence at the crime scenes and elsewhere.

When they're finished with the investigation, they'll probably reveal more information to the public in order to make their case. Also, keep in mind Lucas Fowler's father is a chief inspector of the New South Wales, AU police department. His detectives have worked with the RCMP. Since Lucas' father has so much personally invested in finding out what happened, I'm sure the RCMP is conducting a thorough, quality investigation.

I guess there's any number of reasons why the roof of the truck is dented. RCMP will probably explain it when the time comes.

Wow. I know a lot of people have criticized Bryer's dad for doing this interview, but I don't think he did it for narcissistic purposes or anything. I think he was very real with what he said, and even acknowledged where he failed as a parent, and what factors led to Bryer being like this. I can understand why he won't fully accept Bryer is a killer, both because the police haven't released that much info, and also just shock and denial. It's clear to me that he truly loved Bryer despite not being able to be there as a parent due to mental health issues. "I wanted my son to be someone amazing"...heartbreaking. And maybe with access to better resources he would have been. None of this had to happen.

Also, "He's not going to lose it and go stir-crazy in the woods"...well I guess he was wrong on that one....I'm also surprised they didn't ask him about the whole Nazi thing.
SBM

Yes, it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was surprised how forthcoming he was, and I agree with you that he genuinely loves his son. I can understand his need to know what evidence there is against him, as well as his point that knowing Bryer was dead was less unbearable than just not knowing and thinking he was in the woods unaccounted for.

Didn't really think there was a lot of new information, per se. I did notice they briefly mentioned Bryer has "learning difficulties." I wonder if he was ever officially diagnosed with a learning disability, like dyslexia.

I found it interesting that the skateboarder friend of Kam's said that he never saw any suspicious behavior from either one of them. I know that's a recurring theme with people talking about Kam (and he also seemed to confirm the picture of Kam as somewhat more outgoing than Bryer), but as we have discussed extensively, Bryer seems to have been hellbent on alienating people recently, especially people his age, so I was intrigued by why he apparently behaved and didn't act out around that kid. Maybe because it was Kam's friend rather than his own, he didn't feel as comfortable doing so?

All that being said, if the bombshell 60 Minutes Australia was promising was a brief video of BS shooting his Airsoft gun we already knew about . . . I'm not impressed. At all.

As for AS's claims BS wouldn't go stir-crazy in the woods, I think he was not being realistic at all. Just because someone is a loner and an introvert who spends a lot of time in their head and enjoys camping doesn't mean they are impervious to going stir-crazy. And I think he is also ignoring the fact that BS apparently spent his alone time doing something stimulating--playing video games--and his camping seems to have always been with others and short in duration. So, that's hardly a blueprint for how he would handle being unplugged in the woods for an extended period of time. And based on accounts of numerous people who saw them on the lam, it seems like Bryer was unraveling long before they got to the woods.

All MOO

Well, in the program they said his dad had struggled with homelessness and mental illness for the past two years, so you do the math. Bryer also likely didn't want to live 2.5 hours away from Kam...now of course we realize it would have been for the best if he had.
BBM

I think this was a big driving force of AS not wanting to live in Victoria with his dad, even if he never came right out and told his family, "I'd rather be in Port Alberni, so I can still be with Kam." I agree, though, it might have done both of them a lot of good to be separated.

It's not because of crime, but because some folks leave their garbage behind, and use the bushes for unhygienic purposes, and because it's competition for camping spots with businesses that are trying to earn a living. There could be forest fire risks and other such considerations too.

I've been very surprised at how many comments demonstrate no understanding of, or agreement with, camping restrictions.

"Camping is allowed in designated campgrounds only. The permit holder for the campsite is responsible for the site, including cleanliness, noise levels, and actions of visitors. Camping (including sleeping in a vehicle) is not allowed in roadside pullouts, trailheads, and day-use areas."​

Visitor guidelines

Well, RCMP has been and will continue to investigate the crimes. RCMPBC has already said in a PC that there is substantial evidence that connects the two killers to both crime scenes. They've had a great deal of help from many experts and agencies and have spent a huge amount of time gathering evidence at the crime scenes and elsewhere.

When they're finished with the investigation, they'll probably reveal more information to the public in order to make their case. Also, keep in mind Lucas Fowler's father is a chief inspector of the New South Wales, AU police department. His detectives have worked with the RCMP. Since Lucas' father has so much personally invested in finding out what happened, I'm sure the RCMP is conducting a thorough, quality investigation.

I guess there's any number of reasons why the roof of the truck is dented. RCMP will probably explain it when the time comes. thanks for the update,you clearly think i havnt been paying attention to the story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes