GA GA - Atlanta, WhtMale 20-30, 178UMGA, hit by car on I-75, Virgo tattoo, Jul'95 - Steven Shelton

It says his Namus was modified July 17, but I can't see what's changed.
Does anyone have a link to his PM photo?

It says his Namus was modified July 17, but I can't see what's changed.
Does anyone have a link to his PM photo?

Don't have access to his PM photo, but Steven Dadasovich was added to rule outs list.

Missing Person / NamUs # MP35775
Steven Dadasovich
Male/White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact August 22, 1981
State CA
County San Joaquin

I didn't see this mentioned earlier in the thread.
The DOB and name are both the same as the piece of paper he had in his pocket per the autopsy report. The address is about 6 miles from I75 and that DOB is a Virgo. I can't see to dig up more on this name though.
The home owner seemed to have the home for quite a while (back into the 70's) and appears to have passed away but had children who are still living.
Maybe our guy here is a boarder? Or I guess it could be a fluke of records but it seemed to good not to mention.

Attachments

• Steven L Shelton correct DOB.png
    Steven L Shelton correct DOB.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 66
The DOB and name are both the same as the piece of paper he had in his pocket per the autopsy report. The address is about 6 miles from I75 and that DOB is a Virgo. I can't see to dig up more on this name though.
The home owner seemed to have the home for quite a while (back into the 70's) and appears to have passed away but had children who are still living.
Maybe our guy here is a boarder? Or I guess it could be a fluke of records but it seemed to good not to mention.
This definitely seems like a very good clue. I'm not sure where we'd go with it as the homeowner (and possible landlord) has passed away.

This definitely seems like a very good clue. I'm not sure where we'd go with it as the homeowner (and possible landlord) has passed away.

The home owner has children that are still alive so they may be helpful if this hasn't been run down before.

Is anyone in touch with LE on this case?

It was stated previously that the Steven (I imagine the address, too) referenced by the hospital was found to be alive and well and unrelated to the case. Given that this was the most obvious clue in the case for identification, I would expect that APD and the FCME exhausted that early. Best bet at this point is either DNA genealogy or recognition by a family member. The UID does not seem to be entered into the database.

I found his autopsy report. I hadn't seen it before.

This poor man, I so often think of him.

That was an absolutely heartbreaking read. Trach, feeding tube, and legs riddled with decubiti (bed sores). This poor man. I hope the facility in which he spent the final year of his life was investigated. I know it's really, really hard to prevent and manage bed sores in a long-term care hospital but some of them were *huge* and one had a "green crusted base." I'm so glad he is finally at peace. Knowing his name and reuniting him with family is the last step. I'm so grateful for all of those who keep searching.

Has anyone suggested Shawn Hale as a potential match?

4290DMCA - Shawn Hale
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Shawn Hale.jpg Robert Alan Hale.png
Shawn Hale (1994) / Picture of Shawn Hale's father (1970s)

Shawn Hale
Missing: November 4, 1994
Apple Valley, CA
Born: May 6, 1973 (Taurus)
21 years old
6' tall
165 lbs.
Brown hair (Namus)
Hazel eyes (Namus)

From postings on Shawn's WS page:
CA - CA - Shawn Hale, 19, Apple Valley, 4 Nov 1994

"In 1994, Shawn got around by hitchhiking. He likes music and was a Grateful Dead fan. His name was submitted as a possible match to Grateful Doe, but his family believes he is too tall to be Grateful Doe."

"He had an argument with his mother, stormed out of the house, and has not been seen since. There has been no contact with his family. Members of Shawn's family believe he is deceased."

Let me know what you think...Please.

Has anyone suggested Shawn Hale as a potential match?
Shawn Hale
Missing: November 4, 1994
Apple Valley, CA
Born: May 6, 1973 (Taurus)
21 years old
6' tall
165 lbs.
Brown hair (Namus)
Hazel eyes (Namus)

Not sure about that one. Shawn has hazel eyes (almost blueish) and our John Doe has brown eyes.

Last edited:
Current ruleouts on Namus The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Stephen Byron
Benjamin Cannon
Fabian Del Rosario
Patrick Difrancesco
Gregory Dokos
Donald Frye
Steven Gonzales
Donald Izzett
David Jaramillo
Andrew Karis
Joel Mendoza
Steven Needham
Cengiz Nuray
Mark Seelman
Steve (Steven) Shelton
Christopher Temple
Tyrom Theis
John Vetsch

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Updated link: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

added to the ruleouts:
MP35775 Steven Dadasovich
MP6498 Erik Patchin

I've been looking at his tattoos for far too long today. Can anyone else see a face/skull in the 'red and blue flaming star or planet'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back