GA GA - Atlanta, WhtMale 20-30, 178UMGA, hit by car on I-75, Virgo tattoo, Jul'95 - Steven Shelton

Current ruleouts on Namus https://identifyus.org/en/cases/691

Stephen Byron
Benjamin Cannon
Fabian Del Rosario
Patrick Difrancesco
Gregory Dokos
Donald Frye
Steven Gonzales
Donald Izzett
David Jaramillo
Andrew Karis
Joel Mendoza
Steven Needham
Cengiz Nuray
Mark Seelman
Steve (Steven) Shelton
Christopher Temple
Tyrom Theis
John Vetsch

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Bumping.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I was asked by poster bcf, if I could find out what was underneath this UID's tattoos. This is the first one, the large winged dragon. Originally I thought it might be a leopard, but it seems more like a demon with wings. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• serpent5c.jpg
    serpent5c.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 73
I don't think the fireball is a cover-up job. Just the chest piece looks like a cover-up. The piece covered-up looks like it was some sort of winged skeletal creature. You can see a bone wing (top right) and a few skulls on the top right.

Looking more closely I would guess that it was a Grim Reaper or a winged skeleton used as art for a Metal band.

Looking more closely I would guess that it was a Grim Reaper or a winged skeleton used as art for a Metal band.

The poster bcf asked me to clean them up, so you can get a sense of what was underneath.
I've got to agree with you, it's possibly a grim reaper.

I've looked at this photo for so long, that my conclusion is..
A winged grim reaper carrying a bag of skulls and bones with several of them falling out.
The fireball on his hand is covering up a small cross.
Now if we can find a MP fitting with that tattoo...

Missing Person Case

What do you think? Matching purple reaper skull, and small cross between his fingers?

Last edited:
Reactions: bcf
I applied a salt & pepper filter to reduce skin glare, I adjusted the lighting, and I corrected the white balance. I also resized the image to twice its size and added more pixels per inch. This gives us a little better look at this Chinese-style dragon tattoo.

View attachment 67778

Bumping an earlier cleaned-up version of the dragon tattoo

I think you're right about the grim reaper. I printed out the photo and put it on a light box, which highlighted the lines that were thicker and thinner. I traced over the ones that seemed to belong to the old photo underneath and it definitely looks like Death with a scythe and a skull face.

The other interesting thing I noticed is that down by the dragon's tail there's a series of whitish marks (circled with an arrow pointing at them). I questioned earlier whether he had a scar there that wasn't mentioned, but it appears like it could be lettering that was tattooed over to match his skin. Can't begin to make it out though.

And the traced-over version of the dragon that I did. The image didn't copy over, but if you click on the up-arrow next to my name, it'll take you to the original post with the image file.

Last edited:
And the traced-over version of the dragon that I did. The image didn't copy over, but if you click on the up-arrow next to my name, it'll take you to the original post with the image file.

Thanks for your links carbuff!
I find the fact that this UID's tattoo is shades of blue and orange/red, with purple being a predominate color in the older looking areas.
What do you think about the original Grim Reaper being done in the color purple? And do you think it's enough to try to submit John Walker Sallee, tattoo of cross in webbing of fingers, and a purple reaper skull?

I think Sallee's a very strong candidate. He was missing for a year, which is plenty of time to have the tats covered over. That flaming planet is dark enough to cover almost anything between his fingers. Stats are close enough.

Sallee's left arm tats are a problem though.

I think Sallee's a very strong candidate. He was missing for a year, which is plenty of time to have the tats covered over. That flaming planet is dark enough to cover almost anything between his fingers. Stats are close enough.

Sallee's left arm tats are a problem though.

Both of Sallee's "Lil GT"and "knife rose flame" on his left forearm could also be covered up, making this UID's left forearm "globe surrounded with letters". They didn't post a picture of this UID's left forearm tattoos, so...it's all a guess.

Both of Sallee's "Lil GT"and "knife rose flame" on his left forearm could also be covered up, making this UID's left forearm "globe surrounded with letters". They didn't post a picture of this UID's left forearm tattoos, so...it's all a guess.

Oh, he DID have a left forearm tattoo? I missed that. D'oh! Yeah, definitely send him in.

I found this: John Walter Sallee - Oregon Missing Person Directory There are comments and contact information for several family members.

edited to add: that link is also referenced in his Namus listing.

Thanks carbuff. That's good information. Found a woman on FB named Kim Sallee who looks like the UID's sketch with a very similar nose...
I'm currently looking for the email address for the Linn Co. OR Sheriff's office...no luck yet.

Thanks carbuff. That's good information. Found a woman on FB named Kim Sallee who looks like the UID's sketch with a very similar nose...
I'm currently looking for the email address for the Linn Co. OR Sheriff's office...no luck yet.

I haven't seen a public email for them, but I got a reply the time I used this form: https://www.linnsheriff.org/contact/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back