NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google Maps
I wonder if it has been considered that he may have jumped a freight train and either left or had an accident. The train tracks are right there, down from the intersection of Owl Road and Five Rocks Road and those tracks run right up into Torrington. I wonder if both sides of the tracks have been searched.

Google Maps
This is the intersection of Owl Road and Five Rocks Road....

BBM

@Rosiebones, thank you for the link, that’s exactly what I was imagining in my head. (And seriously, google maps sends their cars everywhere!) But if both sides of the road have been searched already, then? So much time has passed.

I like your railroad idea. Perhaps he missed his footing trying to jump on?

There was so much mentioned in the first few days on websites and in comment sections under the missing poster entries alluding to all sorts of possible topics for the argument and for the need for him to take a walk and then, rather abruptly, everything was removed and a near total silence has ensued.
The FBI has not been invited into the investigation by Gering Police Dept. since there is no indication of foul play or crossing of state lines.
It must be so frustrating for his family to not be able to get LE to consider that even if he took a walk, that he may have met an accident or foul play.

I understand sometimes police hesitate to give some information but.. sometimes this often seems to hamper people trying to discover other avenues to search.

I also feel that often they feel they can handle investigations which are out of their league and then when it’s not solved and families complain, they are ready to ask for help. The negative side is that opportunities are missed and clues and evidence gets messed up. Growing up in a rural town, this happens quite often. They want to protect families of their community but often that’s when rumors spread. I just hate not having updates.

Was a search warrant and a raid done? Was this case worked from the inside out or the reverse?

Was a search warrant and a raid done? Was this case worked from the inside out or the reverse?
There would not have been any need for a raid etc. This is a pure and simple missing person situation. There is no crime here, at least as it first unfolded. He took a walk after a family argument and disappeared, he didn't return to the grandparents home. He may have met with an accident due to a bad storm that went through or he may have met with foul play, that is the unknown.

@Cherry Do you mean this post for this thread or did it belong on another thread?

It occurs to me that if he is moving from town to town for whatever reason, I wonder if family and friends have thought to plaster as many soup kitchens etc. as they can find with a direct plea to him to contact his mother or his wife. It just may hit home more that a missing poster. Just a thought.
There have been unsubstantiated sightings heading west toward Casper, and that may a direction to start. MOO MOO

It occurs to me that if he is moving from town to town for whatever reason, I wonder if family and friends have thought to plaster as many soup kitchens etc. as they can find with a direct plea to him to contact his mother or his wife. It just may hit home more that a missing poster. Just a thought.
There have been unsubstantiated sightings heading west toward Casper, and that may a direction to start. MOO MOO

Unfortunately, there will be very few soup kitchens anywhere west of Scottsbluff/Gering. Wyoming is one of the largest states in America (there is more than one ranch that is almost as big as the smallest state, Rhode Island); but is the least populous state with only a half million residents. (Rhode Island has over twice that many people living there.) The largest towns may serve a hot meal once a week, but mostly they would hand out vouchers for groceries or restaurant meals and possibly have a food pantry where food could be picked up. But, on the other hand, people in a a small town will sooner notice a stranger and reach out to them so that could be helpful.

Unfortunately, my own opinion is that something unplanned happened to Chance after his last communication and he is no longer living. But I'd be thrilled to be wrong

I am new here just to give information I have from the families. I’ve spoken directly with his mom, and with baileys mom. Chance went golfing with father in law and brother in law, there was an argument at the golf course. An argument on the way home between chance and bailey. Bailey went inside to get their things because chance wanted to go home. She came out he was gone. There’s a lot of rumors. The families are separating from the other. Blame is being thrown both sides. His youngest brother told him that his mom was speaking ill of his wife and chance and mom argued the week before the trip to gering. Older brother sent him a text message that said something along the lines of that chance was dead to him for disrespecting his mom . A lot of arguments between chance and Bailey about his friends and he like to drink . Bailey says that it is the him by the tree and it is him on ring doorbell video on terry blvd. There are some weird things that have happened since this video has been released I don’t know if I can put them on here or what. His mom is pretty clueless. I do not think for a minute that he left and wants to stay gone if he is alive. he was very close to his family. I think a new wife and new baby stress. he lost his job, but had another one . His mom says there was a lot of conflict with the new wife she has three sons never had a daughter . Bailey’s mom has different opinions she thinks that something happened between the family. Says he had a bad childhood. Bailey has retained an attorney . They did get the phone records and there was a text on there to his aunt that is the last text message that went out and I believe it was 908. And it said I’m
ibdesereallyg
Aunt responded “you are what?” are you OK ? And No answer. I do have a bunch of answers if you have questions about it it’s getting to be very strange case .
Ariel, please hit the “report” button on your post and ask a Moderator help you become A “verified insider”, otherwise your post will be consider rumor, and removed.

Thanks, looking forward to hearing more once you are verified.

What type of reporting is allowed? I saw him on July 6th.
Go to Home Page on WS and click on Etiquette and Information. These are the parameters (referred to as TOS) which govern what can be said or not said and how and what must be supported with a link. It is a pretty clear explanation. There is a clear list of allowable links such as LE, MSM etc.

Also on the Home Page there is a short version and a long version of the TOS.

Last edited:
What type of reporting is allowed? I saw him on July 6th.
Here is the link to the verification process. We are only allowed to post about things that have been published in the media. If you get verified, then you can post about your inside knowledge of the case. Welcome to Websleuths!

Verification process

Go to Home Page on WS and click on Etiquette and Information. These are the parameters (referred to as TOS) which govern what can be said or not said and how and what must be supported with a link. It is a pretty clear explanation. There is a clear list of allowable links such as LE, MSM etc.

Also on the Home Page there is a short version and a long version of the TOS.
Guess the rules are clear as mud to me. Tricia the Administrator writes,

"Locals:
We no longer verify locals. It became way too time consuming and we didn't feel it was necessary. However, if a moderator deems that a poster seems to be more of an insider than a local, we will ask that you become verified before posting information that is not in the mainstream media. Otherwise, you are free to post about your area and what you've observed." I have no problem becoming verified, however, it states the verifier is on an extended absence.

Sometime early on in this thread, I read that CE had contacted a friend and it was reported that he " was ditching it for Torrington" . I only read this once, all other MSM references were that he was walking in a ditch toward Torrington and I have explored the comment as walking in a ditch. However, now I am wondering if he did mean "ditching his life" and walking away. MOO MOO

Guess the rules are clear as mud to me. Tricia the Administrator writes,

"Locals:
We no longer verify locals. It became way too time consuming and we didn't feel it was necessary. However, if a moderator deems that a poster seems to be more of an insider than a local, we will ask that you become verified before posting information that is not in the mainstream media. Otherwise, you are free to post about your area and what you've observed." I have no problem becoming verified, however, it states the verifier is on an extended absence.
You’re not considered just a local. You said you had seen him recently and also posted some info which seemed to suggest you were family or very close to the family. You can get verified as an insider if you are a family member or friend. I think that is what we all assumed based on your original posts.

Sometime early on in this thread, I read that CE had contacted a friend and it was reported that he " was ditching it for Torrington" . I only read this once, all other MSM references were that he was walking in a ditch toward Torrington and I have explored the comment as walking in a ditch. However, now I am wondering if he did mean "ditching his life" and walking away. MOO MOO
Thread after thread on WS we see bad outcomes with boys/men and water. It's like a moth to light it seems. Perhaps a symbolic return to the womb, or desire to.

In this case, I think it is very likely we have a similar tragic outcome. However, your suggestion that he walked away isn't completely out of the question, IMO.
I could have a better gauge if I knew what the family argument was about. If it were something devastating to Chance, then yes, I could see him walking. Of course I'm a stranger and don't know him, but everything I have read this is a great family. I wish them all a miraculous outcome and reunion.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member