NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the fence about the argument. I understand it could be private, but it could also give insight to his state of mind depending on who the argument was with and/or about - MOO. Although, he told his friends to pick him up the opposite way from where he told his wife he was headed, so we might already know some insight on his state of mind.

I'm on the fence about the argument. I understand it could be private, but it could also give insight to his state of mind depending on who the argument was with and/or about - MOO. Although, he told his friends to pick him up the opposite way from where he told his wife he was headed, so we might already know some insight on his state of mind.

I agree. It could just have been over something silly but judging by certain rumours I've seen, it could be something serious enough that he might have taken his own life over it. It would certainly be useful to know roughly what the argument was about IMO.

I am sure that LE, through interviews with the folks he golfed with and had dinner with, knows his state of mind. Whether it was anger or whether it was despair. One tends to make me think walk away and the other self harm.
I am firmly in the camp of walk away until proven otherwise.
Also, whatever it was it was enough to make him walk away, at least initially, from everyone, his wife and in-laws in Gering and his own family at the ranch in Edgemont. He has a close, supportive family, it sounds like, so what makes him not contact even his mother? I don't know.

I am sure that LE, through interviews with the folks he golfed with and had dinner with, knows his state of mind. Whether it was anger or whether it was despair. One tends to make me think walk away and the other self harm.
I am firmly in the camp of walk away until proven otherwise.
Also, whatever it was it was enough to make him walk away, at least initially, from everyone, his wife and in-laws in Gering and his own family at the ranch in Edgemont. He has a close, supportive family, it sounds like, so what makes him not contact even his mother? I don't know.

I believe he walked away and intended for it to be a temporary thing, but the length of time he's been gone now has caused me to think something went wrong along the way. Unless he's living off the grid, he has to know all the resources from the community that are being made to search for him and I don't think he'd put strangers through that - even if he was mad/upset with family.

Yes, I am leaning towards that he walked away with the intention of it being temporary and then something happened to him, maybe an accident due to the bad weather conditions. Whatever happened that night, I don't think he would go this long without contacting his mother, brothers or other family without good reason, they seem too close. I don't think he would put them all through that if he could see all the Facebook posts and search efforts.

Another point to consider is that LE has stopped their physical search for him and has switched to following up on tips and more importantly phone records and electronic data.
He is a man with marketable skills in welding and also in stock management etc. he can probably find a job, to at least, sustain himself.

Another point to consider is that LE has stopped their physical search for him and has switched to following up on tips and more importantly phone records and electronic data.

I guess that could indicate that either they think he might have run off somewhere to start again or that he managed to travel to somewhere else before something happened to him, which is why they haven't found him yet. I personally don't feel that he has gone off to start a new life somewhere, I think he is too close to his mother and brothers to not contact them at all. Maybe they are looking to identify a new area that might need searching.

I guess that could indicate that either they think he might have run off somewhere to start again or that he managed to travel to somewhere else before something happened to him, which is why they haven't found him yet. I personally don't feel that he has gone off to start a new life somewhere, I think he is too close to his mother and brothers to not contact them at all. Maybe they are looking to identify a new area that might need searching.

I certainly hope they are looking at other areas to search. I may be wrong but I don't think this is self harm or a walkaway (as much as I'd like it to be).
I believe he got caught in flood waters from the Platte. And he's somewhere in the Platte and not in some "ditch". It boggles my mind that they haven't even looked at the Platte River. (Or maybe they have and I'm just not aware of it.)

This one has me torn. Usually I get a feeling one way or the other by now, this isn’t working for me. I am not saying the family did anything but, I am sorta feeling he walked away. Sometimes families intrude into personal issues to the point of making you feel a certain way. I just wonder if he could have been made to feel he could provide more financially? Maybe this ranch job wasn’t paying as much as the mining?

I do know the mining company he worked for also has a branch here in Eastern KY also. The miners here are protesting because of the bounced checks from the company. The people here are owed over $5million in back pay and fees. The company went bankrupt without any notice to employees. If that happened at his plant as well, that could turn your finances upside down. Mentioning a job making less, new baby and a wife starting college could put a whole lot of pressure on a person. IMO of course. He’s only 25 and sometimes when you are used to providing, that could be a heavy burden on anyone, let alone a 25 year old.

At least he got a news story. I don't think Tyler Davis ever had an MSM story.

Turns out he had one or two... a full month after he was missing. Soooo...
I'm not sure what your point is.
Are you saying that since Tyler Davis didn't get an MSM story until 4 weeks after his disappearance that Chance shouldn't get any either or is it we should be happy with the MSM coverage Chance has already received as it is more than Tyler Davis ever had?

My point is I feel like any coverage is helpful. Even if it’s to say there are no updates. It keeps the story fresh and out there. Exposure is very important in a missing persons case. Men just don’t seem to get a lot of it.
Point well taken. I too feel any coverage is helpful and never guaranteed unfortunately.

If any one is working with his family or representative, suggest they pitch an angle to the media such as play up the rodeo, cowboy, that sort of thing. The media wants a hook, something catchy for a headline.

“Has rodeo rider lassoed up misfortune? Chance Engelbert still missing”

“Rodeo Dad still missing; family frantic”

“All American Rodeo Dad still missing”

That sort of thing; create a persona.
Amateur opinion and speculation

Yes, I am leaning towards that he walked away with the intention of it being temporary and then something happened to him, maybe an accident due to the bad weather conditions. Whatever happened that night, I don't think he would go this long without contacting his mother, brothers or other family without good reason, they seem too close. I don't think he would put them all through that if he could see all the Facebook posts and search efforts.

BBM

I too wondered if there had been an accident, say he was hit by a car in the dark, rainy conditions and he wasn’t watching his surroundings (and the driver didn’t see him)? He could be by the side of the road and not anywhere he could be expected to be? Perhaps he was injured and crawled into bushes (I apologise, I haven’t actually looked at google maps to see if this is a possibility) or over a fence and is still there? Just my (very shaky) own opinion.

BBM

I too wondered if there had been an accident, say he was hit by a car in the dark, rainy conditions and he wasn’t watching his surroundings (and the driver didn’t see him)? He could be by the side of the road and not anywhere he could be expected to be? Perhaps he was injured and crawled into bushes (I apologise, I haven’t actually looked at google maps to see if this is a possibility) or over a fence and is still there? Just my (very shaky) own opinion.
DBM

Last edited:
BBM

Google Maps
This is the intersection of Owl Road and Five Rocks Road. You can see that if he started up Owl Road along side the North Platte River that he could have been hit by a car because the road looks almost to be one car width wide. But, on the other hand both sides of that road have been thoroughly searched by LE groups and privately. It also wouldn't be necessary for him to walk in a ditch along Owl Road, if it even has ditches.
If he didn't go up Owl Road toward Torrington and went up Five Rocks Road instead, he would have been able to get off the side of the road and would be less likely to be hit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member