Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know whether Nora could swim?
If she could not,then perhaps that is why the parents said it could not be her.
In Malay bathing and swimming in the context of a river is the same word “mandi” as in “mandi sungai” bathing in the river could be translated as swimming in the river. Again, this could be another translation issue (semantics and pedantics...)

Now a villager claims to have seen a "white girl" bathing in a nearby river after riding his motorbike at around 7pm on Sunday, the day she disappeared, leading to a police search of the area.
Villagers 'spotted girl swimming in river' on day Brit teen vanished
Well, if that white girl was Nora, then she would have been kilometres away from the spot where she was found! He was riding his motorcycle when he saw her, so that must have been far away from 'Nora's waterfall'.

It was thought to be while she was still alive, so maybe 2-4 days before?
It's hard to say because they didn't give an exact time of death. They said 2-3 days, but no more than 4.
I'm pretty sure they also had cadaver dogs in that area too.
But they searched that area extensively. So if she was already deceased, it's hard to believe the dogs missed the scent, and if she were alive, it's hard to believe they didn't find her.
They said they thought she may have been mobile by that time but there's no way she would have been able to move quickly or go very far. She had to be gravely ill at that point.

Thank you.
If it were 2-4 days before she was obviously still alive somewhere in the jungle and hadn’t yet reached the waterfall. I don’t actually believe she ever set out to see the waterfall or knowingly made her way to it. It was just where she ended up and sadly passed away.

Hello, Long time lurker, first time poster here.

If I am following along, I have some questions about the theory. If Nóra was placed where she was found ( or near there) on the morning of Aug 4, how could someone be sure she would not be found by searchers while alive? I believe she could not move around much due to her disability, and also that she would be quiet and frozen in fear if anyone came across her, but that doesn’t mean the searchers wouldn’t see her. How could this person be sure no one would see them on the long trek out there, or on the way back?

I don’t know how anyone could let her die a terrible lonely death out in the jungle for so long on purpose, what motive for that?

None of the theories make sense to me, they all seem equally unlikely, imo. How did poor Nóra get out there and why wasn’t she found in time?

But it was always known that she left the house in her underwear so there would be no reason not to notify authorities right away. Imo
I think increasingly people will unfortunately think twice about doing the right think because once your name gets known you're associated with the case forevermore, appearing in papers, on forums, in cheap true crime docs etc. And some of the people interested in the case are going to consider you a suspect, it's inevitable

There is a problem here also with different countries cal things different things. What we call a motorcycle could just be a dirt bike on back trails, not a road.

Njust1 is Malaysian i believe, they have been very good at clarifying things. They informed me about human ritual sacrifice in Malaysia when if i'm honest my question was pretty disingenuous towards a user who believes it happened haha, and they also clarified that there's no real distinction between "swimming" and "bathing" in the language.

British and French police who joined the hunt for missing teen Nora Quoirin were able to carry out their own investigation at the eco resort from where she disappeared

They stayed at the jungle hotel and were able to see for themselves if an intruder would have been able to break in undetected and abduct the vulnerable teen from a bedroom while sleeping alongside her siblings.

A police source in Seremban said the officers – from Paris and Britain's National Crime Agency – requested to stay at the hilltop resort after arriving in Malaysia.

They will submit a report on their findings, but have not raised any suspicions of foul play with the Malaysian police.

Both officers have now left the country.

Nora Quoirin: British police did their OWN investigation at resort where she vanished | Daily Mail Online

Njust1 is Malaysian i believe, they have been very good at clarifying things. They informed me about human ritual sacrifice in Malaysia when if i'm honest my question was pretty disingenuous towards a user who believes it happened haha, and they also clarified that there's no real distinction between "swimming" and "bathing" in the language.

Sorry, correction it was Shadyren who told me about ritual sacrifice in Malaysia and they said they are Malaysian, i'm not sure if Njust1 is but they told me about the difference between "swimming" and "bathing".

Nóra Quoirin: The unanswered questions

"Several questions remain about Nóra’s disappearance and death. Why would she have left the resort in the middle of the night? Did she climb out of the downstairs window that was found open when she disappeared and on which police found unidentified fingerprints?

Why was her body found unclothed? If Nóra did walk off into the jungle, why could sniffer dogs pick up her scent only in the immediate vicinity of the guest house? Does this suggest she was abducted?

Nóra’s body was found in an area that had already been covered by search-and-rescue teams, so how is it that they did not see her?

The area where Nóra’s body was found had been covered until day seven of Nóra’s disappearance. Perhaps, Mohamad Mat Yusop said, Nóra was still moving around at that time. After day seven the search-and-rescue teams concentrated on the Gunung Berembun area.

How could she have survived for five days in the jungle without food or water, if you believe the theory that she left the hotel on her own? We remain very dubious
A Daily Mail reporter, Paul Thompson, interviewed Sean Yeap, one of the hikers who discovered Nóra’s body. Yeap told him that the body was not hidden or covered with foliage and said he would have expected search teams that had passed through the area previously to have found it, had it been there at the time.

Although police say the bleeding in Nóra’s intestine was most likely caused by prolonged hunger and stress, stomach ulcers can be caused by Helicobacter pylori bacteria. Nóra might have drunk contaminated water, although this cannot be established."
screamed to be let back in.”
image.jpg

Nóra Quoirin: ‘It is not possible she would have willingly left with a stranger,’ says her French grandfather, Sylvain Quoirin. Photograph: Titouan Rimbault

I said “mandi” to bathe in Malay. “mandi sungai” would be how one would refer to the act when one is bathing in the river. The word for swimming is “berenang” in Malay and it is rarely used in the context of swimming in the river but more for vast open water like lakes and sea, yet not for rivers. I know it is odd in English but that is how tye language is used in the context of a flowing river.

I’ve heard nothing from the owners of the resort. No statement, no condolences, nothing. That’s very odd, not reading anything into it but I’d have thought they’d express their thoughts.

British and French police who joined the hunt for missing teen Nora Quoirin were able to carry out their own investigation at the eco resort from where she disappeared

They stayed at the jungle hotel and were able to see for themselves if an intruder would have been able to break in undetected and abduct the vulnerable teen from a bedroom while sleeping alongside her siblings.

A police source in Seremban said the officers – from Paris and Britain's National Crime Agency – requested to stay at the hilltop resort after arriving in Malaysia.

They will submit a report on their findings, but have not raised any suspicions of foul play with the Malaysian police.

Both officers have now left the country.

Nora Quoirin: British police did their OWN investigation at resort where she vanished | Daily Mail Online
Thats good news so all kinds of negative mistrusting attitude towards the local can be worked through.

I’ve heard nothing from the owners of the resort. No statement, no condolences, nothing. That’s very odd, not reading anything into it but I’d have thought they’d express their thoughts.
They have expressed their condolences and commitment to assist. It was within 24 hours of the recovery of the body. By the way, the owners are European (wife is Eurasian and husband is German) so if anyone wants to start the discussion on local etiquette and culture, be informed that they are pretty cultured orientally and occidentally. They’ve worked hard at building the eco-resort, taking years to carefully planning and to a certain extent developing everything themselves so it is such a shame/unfortunate for them too, that Nora’s tragedy has implicated their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member