CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed about a miracle for Barbara.
Looks like that is what it will take at this point. :(

We also need some security footage or photos of Barbara beyond the neighbor's sec. cams and the staff at the dog kennel who saw her.

-bolded by me-

Would it help if I said there are, several?

I am doing my utmost at this point, for the person who can confirm this to do so, please have a little patience.

Till then you are free to consider it speculation by me (which it isn't).

i totally agree there are photos of barbara there when robert said she was there.

@Micheline - is this person aware of the VI process? We can link to the info if they want.

Quotes snipped by me. @Micheline and @dbdb11 - was a reason given as to why these photos didn't make it into the fliers during the 9 day search? If they were cute and romantic in nature (only reason I can think of - SPECULATION), I can understand not distributing them, but why not crop views of her boots, bottoms, and the rest of the top, and the beer container so that people have a better idea of what they are seeing if they find these items? Surely that's as useful as the grainy photo that was originally distributed. And in those 9 days, the necessary Photoshopping could have been done, either by LE or someone else. Were you given any reason why that didn't happen?

If there are several photos of Barbara out in the desert, at that same day and in the location they were at ; then show the pics.
At this point --it might be the only evidence (LE's words, not mine) that will help to locate Barbara.

And the poster stating there are several photos needs to look into becoming a verified insider and sharing the photos on the thread.
It's good news to hear that there's proof Barbara was at that location.

Last edited:
If there are several photos of Barbara out in the desert, at that same day and in the location they were at ; then show the pics.
At this point --it might be the only evidence (LE's words, not mine) that will help to locate Barbara.
I agree! I wish we'd have been certain of this earlier. But, I guess we really can't be certain till LE says so. But this sure puts a different spin on things. Or at least for me. Dang.

And the poster stating there are several photos needs to look into becoming a verified insider and sharing the photos on the thread.
It's good news to her that there's proof Barbara was at that location.
It sounds like several people, including our VI, believe that such photos exist. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they have the photos. Precisely because such photos might be helpful in a search, my feeling is that if LE hasn't released them, that's probably for some good reason, unknown to us.

JMO

But couldn't our VI tell us about the photos or what was depicted in them? Or maybe LE has told them not to mention the content of the photos.

This makes several things moot in my mind.
BBM
Ita.

If I was aware of , or had even looked at in person, at some photos that would prove Barbara was at the desert location -- but LE asked me not to show nor mention them -- I'd comply, and wouldn't mention the photos in a public thread and say that I was aware of them.
Causes some confusion; as the entire point of this thread is to find Barbara.

This is not directed at out current VI at all.
I'm thankful for @dbdb11 's input. It's the only solid evidence we have right now.
So sorry for what Barbara's family is going through.

Reinforcing what I posted upthread about outdoor searches.

It is SO difficult to *see* remains outdoor. Mother Nature embraces earthly remains, and searchers can literally walk right past them.

If Barb was wearing any metal at all, (watch, wedding ring), perhaps a metal detector could help? Given the heat, she might not have been wearing anything.

Regardless, I believe another search is in order.

Amateur opinion and speculation

It sounds like several people, including our VI, believe that such photos exist. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they have the photos. Precisely because such photos might be helpful in a search, my feeling is that if LE hasn't released them, that's probably for some good reason, unknown to us.

JMO
BBM

That's troubling.
But it might indicate what many here, fear.
If the content of the photos could be explained that'd be helpful --even without revealing the pics.
One possibility is that some friends or relatives met them and RT just wanted to be private about the others ?
Do we know if they were the only two out there at that location ?
Some value their privacy.

It is SO difficult to *see* remains outdoor. Mother Nature embraces earthly remains, and searchers can literally walk right past them.

If Barb was wearing any metal at all, (watch, wedding ring), perhaps a metal detector could help? Given the heat, she might not have been wearing anything.

BBM
Good point.

Maybe friends and family who live close enough can go out there and search ?

I totally agree.

BBM
Ita.

If I was aware of , or had even looked at in person, at some photos that would prove Barbara was at the desert location -- but LE asked me not to show nor mention them -- I'd comply, and wouldn't mention the photos in a public thread and say that I was aware of them.
Causes some confusion; as the entire point of this thread is to find Barbara.

This is not directed at out current VI at all.
I'm thankful for @dbdb11 's input. It's the only solid evidence we have right now.
So sorry for what Barbara's family is going through.
This answers some of my questions I had for him and why he may not have responded to them. Because he knew it didn't matter.

Photos of BT that Day & Search Area
At this point --it might be the only evidence (LE's words, not mine) that will help to locate Barbara....
Hey LietKynes :) Thanks for your post. sbm^

At first I thought this - pix of BT that day on their walk - might help narrow the search area, that SAR could identify certain rocks/plants in pix to confirm RT’s description of walking path. Presumably walking path was basis for SAR team's designated search map, the path plus so many yards.
But then realized not necessarily. Still possible he took pix of her there along path and inside search area, but she went outside that area - deliberately or by accident, thru a mental fog/heat exhaustion, etc. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes