murder charges haven't been filed yet ?
Any guesses on what information is missing to
connect the dots to fill in the story?
We need some inside information, right?
Where's our buddy at the Htfd. Courant?
Time for another in depth article with some new
information.PS, you guys are doing a great job dissecting
the case, keep up the great work.[/QUOTE

Not sure exactly when but I think they will be charged before the warrants are due to be unsealed in Sept
I also think the police haven't returned FDs phone because they are trying to get warrants for dates before JDmissing
On FDs and KMs phone also

I went back and looked at the info on KM based on the HC article that was posted about the recent court appearance. Having difficulty figuring out if this is marriage 2 or 3 for KM? Has anyone seen this issue covered in MSM or State of CT judiciary?

I dug up the State of CT descriptions of Murder charges (just have Murder and Felony Murder so far as I can see). So, MT aka HO picked the wrong state IMO to do what she did! States Atty doesn't appear to have too many options to reduce the charges based on the facts presented in the arrest warrant. But maybe the atty's here can chime in. I would think that it might also depend on whether the murder charges are brought against just FO or if the charges are leveled against FO + HO!

Classification

(Penalty)

Crime

(CGS §)

Mandatory Minimum Sentence

Capital Felony

(execution or life without possibility of release)

Capital felony

(53a-54b)

Execution or life without possibility of release

Class A Felonies—Murder

(25 to 60 years)

Murder

(53a-54a)

25 years

Felony murder

(53a-54c)

25 years

Lesser charges:

Class B Felonies

(1 to 20 years)

Manslaughter 1st degree

(53a-55)

Class C Felonies

(1 to 10 years)

Manslaughter 2nd degree

(53a-56)

CONNECTICUT PENAL CODE-UPDATED AND REVISED

MOO
I dug up the State of CT descriptions of Murder charges (just have Murder and Felony Murder so far as I can see). So, MT aka HO picked the wrong state IMO to do what she did! States Atty doesn't appear to have too many options to reduce the charges based on the facts presented in the arrest warrant. But maybe the atty's here can chime in. I would think that it might also depend on whether the murder charges are brought against just FO or if the charges are leveled against FO + HO!

Classification

(Penalty)

Crime

(CGS §)

Mandatory Minimum Sentence

Capital Felony

(execution or life without possibility of release)

Capital felony

(53a-54b)

Execution or life without possibility of release

Class A Felonies—Murder

(25 to 60 years)

Murder

(53a-54a)

25 years

Felony murder

(53a-54c)

25 years

Lesser charges:

Class B Felonies

(1 to 20 years)

Manslaughter 1st degree

(53a-55)

Class C Felonies

(1 to 10 years)

Manslaughter 2nd degree

(53a-56)

CONNECTICUT PENAL CODE-UPDATED AND REVISED

MOO

Thank you for this info.....

MODS is it possible to put this on the Media page or perhaps in the beginning or each thread so we have it for east reference? Thank you.

Some of you are asking about WHY FD would
go overboard building in Farmington?
Here's my hunch because I had a client years ago similar
to FD in numerous ways-
Young man was totally new to building- no business experience either. But daddy, a retiring business executive wanted something to do and son decided he wanted to build homes-
in a very busy, competitive market. When it was
hot you could build a huge but dumpy house and it would sell because the market was hot.

I was contacted to help son figure out his mistakes and get him on the road to making money in the business.
Well it only took one deal for me to see son's
true colors. He was out to cheat lie or steal from everyone associated with his business.
I bowed out of the business association but
watched from the sidelines for years.
Son struggled but made some money cause the market was red hot. Daddy didn't know any better and just kept putting money out for son.

Over a few years son got caught up in doing
cocaine, his marriage broke up (had 2-3 small children) but it was his underlying character
which did him in. He wanted to win at everything regardless of who he trampled in the process. And daddy was right behind him with more money to prop him up.

Son lost several businesses then would re-group and open under a different name.

Here it's 35 yrs. later and I see the other day
that son is now trying to do general real estate.
I'm surprised he's not in jail for so many people he cheated.

These guys try to be the best, build the biggest,
have the latest do-dads in their homes and generally try to get great attention for how
wonderful and talented they are. They all want
the tropheys. But many have never really earned them.

Thanks for this. When I first read through the case I thought that might be the case that FD was self insured through FORE. I will go back and see if this is allowed in CT = YES IT IS.

CT politically for the longest time was dominated by the agendas of the insurance companies, many of whom were headquartered in Hartford, CT. Now most of the insurance companies have left the state and are headquartered elsewhere, but the remnents of the legislation they pushed through Hartford remains.

Found this info on insurance, its interesting:

AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS IN CONNECTICUT

Before January 1, 1994, Connecticut had a no-fault insurance law that required private passenger motor vehicle owners to purchase a basic reparations coverage benefit of $5,000. The benefit paid medical expenses and lost wages incurred due to an injury sustained in an automobile accident without regard to who was at fault. In exchange for this benefit, the no-fault law restricted an innocent accident victim's right to sue the person who was at fault.

Public Act 93-297 repealed the no-fault insurance law. As a result, basic reparations coverage is no longer required. Instead, a person injured in an automobile accident because of another's negligent operation of a private passenger motor vehicle can seek compensation for their injuries from the at-fault driver and, if necessary, initiate a personal injury lawsuit to determine fault and the amount of damages to be awarded. Under the terms of a standard automobile insurance policy, an insurer has a duty to defend an insured person and a right to recover any payments it makes to an insured from those at fault.

As of July 2008, 12 states have no-fault insurance laws, according to the Insurance Information Institute: Florida, Hawaii, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, and Utah.

Insurance or Self-Insurance

The financial security the law requires may be provided through an insurance policy or self-insurance (CGS § 38a-371). Specifically, a person may satisfy the financial security requirement by purchasing an insurance policy complying with state law and issued by or on behalf of an insurer licensed to transact business in the state. If the vehicle is registered in another state, the policy must be issued by or on behalf of an insurer licensed in either this state or the state in which the vehicle is registered.

Alternatively, a person may self-insure, subject to the insurance commissioner's approval. To seek the commissioner's approval, a vehicle owner must provide the commissioner evidence:

1. of his or her, or other appropriate person's, continuing undertaking to perform all obligations imposed by the law;

2. that appropriate provision exists for the prompt and efficient administration of all claims, benefits, and obligations provided under the law; and

3. that reliable financial arrangements, deposits, or commitments exist providing assurance for payment of all obligations the law imposes substantially equivalent to those afforded under an insurance policy complying with the law.

Very interesting! Thank you for sharing!

My sense of Sturbridge is that he absolutely ran out of cash on this project.

House I believe was supposed to have pool and fully built out stone patio and it didn't look like any of that happened (see listing photos here: 61 Sturbridge Hill Road, New Canaan, CT For Sale | William Pitt Sotheby's Realty). Landscaping is minimal too.

For what its worth it looks like the financial music ended on this project and it shows IMO.

MOO
Just beautiful! But what exactly is that big square gravel area right in front of the house, a parking lot???

Just beautiful! But what exactly is that big square gravel area right in front of the house, a parking lot???
Dual entries with drive up to the ft door entry has been a design 'thing' for awhile now in the McMansion world. Makes loading/unloading easier and eliminates most steps etc. vs. garage entry. Busy peeps can just zoom up to the ft door, unload and zoom away again. Downside is the traditional style front yard with endless expanse of green grass is mostly wrecked, but I think convenience won out over design IMO. Just a guess.

Not sure why Sturbridge did the two tone rock version in the front as I agree with you it looks more like a big 'sandbox' vs a drive! Not seeing the rock choices as a 'design feature' but who knows! My guess again is that FD ran out of cash and didn't go for a higher end finish with the stones in front. IDK:rolleyes:

MOO

As ever, I love it that people here see things differently as it helps me see perspectives I wouldn’t think of otherwise! To me, the dichotomy addressed in that post reminded me that things often are more complicated than they seem. I’m not taking a side on the topic as I have no idea; it just was a good reminder to me to remember that there’s usually more to learn! MOO.
Didn't realize that sounded harsh.
The OP brings so much good info all the time.
It wasn't directed at him/her.
My beef is with the FB page.
Started out nicely but eventually got out of hand because people ruined it.
That's all I meant. MOO.

Carmen Chau on Twitter:
(40 min ago)

“JUST IN: Bristol Police say they found a body in a wooded by the railroad tracks off of Center Street shortly before noon. Preliminary investigation shows no signs of foul play. No danger to the public. Body has not been identified yet.”

Jennifer Dulos search leads to New Canaan house where loud banging heard after she disappeared

I drove by 61 Sturbridge today. It is in a small cul-de-sac about a 5 minute drive from Waveny Park. If loud metal banging was coming from the property the morning after JD's disappearance (i.e. dogs barking for hours early on May 25) as reported by MSM, it would not have to be too terribly loud a banging, IMO. The houses are closer together and smaller than, IMO, the aerial picture from William Pitt's website might imply. This is not a secluded estate - rather, the neighbors can see and hear everything because a 2.43 acre lot (for a 9,300 sf house) is not proportional, in my opinion, and I took the widest photo possible without including any neighboring houses' driveways, through my car window. A small "For Sale By Broker" without any logo or name but a telephone number was posted on the front lawn. I saw neighbors across the way - the opposite house faces 61 Sturbridge directly, across a narrow road. If one were to walk to the 61 Sturbridge mailbox box on the cul-de-sac road, one would look face-to-face at the neighbor across the way's front door, a house not half as, umm, is grand the right word? IMO, classic architecture demands a certain symmetry that this house lacks. I will MOO a lot here because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My companion and I estimate that a reasonable valuation is about the average house price in New Canaan, $1.5 to $2 mm because it is an average house on a street with one or two above average mansions. The higher end valuation is for the 2019 new construction. It is not grand or impressive, IMO. Just another house on a residential street. This is very much a residential, family community cul-de-sac, IMO. I saw teenage neighbors outside the house across the way.

According to Zillow:
Median home comparison
This home is valued 228.1% higher than the median home in 06840

Median Zestimate®
$1,217,200

The Google Maps photo of 61 Sturbridge and 360 degree tour is representative of my impression of the house and the neighborhood except with fewer trees.

FYI: The June 6, 2019 link to the MSM article was posted by oviedo on the Media, Maps, Timeline "No discussion" page but here is the relevant part, MOO:

Connecticut Post
Jennifer Dulos search leads to New Canaan house where loud banging heard after she disappeared
By Jim Shay, Grace Duffield and Lisa Backus
6/6/2019

NEW CANAAN — Neighbors of a Sturbridge Hill Road home being developed by Jennifer Dulos’ estranged husband were woken up the morning after her disappearance by the loud sounds of metal banging coming from the property.

The sounds woke up residents and had dogs barking for hours early on May 25 — the day after Jennifer Dulos was reported missing.

The scene was quiet Thursday outside 61 Sturbridge Hill Road, where neighbors said state police had searched on Wednesday. The property of the 7,000-square-foot home, listed at $4.8 million, is still being developed with a trailer with Fore Group’s name on the side and a metal dumpster located on the property.

A nanny at one home in the neighborhood said state police focused on the metal dumpster located in front of 61 Sturbridge Hill.

One man who lives on the street said police have been to the neighborhood three times since Jennifer Dulos disappeared.

Another neighbor said six state police vehicles were on the property on Wednesday. The man said police requested his security video, which investigators told him did not show any evidence. The man said police returned to his home on Wednesday, requesting additional footage dating back to May 19.

State police detectives were stationed in front of three properties on a Farmington private road connected to Fotis Dulos’ custom home-building company, the Fore Group. The detectives declined to comment as they stood near three properties on Olcott Way. The Fore Group completed two of the homes and owns a third property, which is an empty lot.

One detective was stationed Thursday outside 585 Deercliff Road in Avon. The property is listed on the Fore Group website and is the former primary residence of the Dulos family. The family’s nanny struck and killed Fotis Dulos’ mother in the driveway on the property in a freak accident in 2010.

New evidence led authorities back to the Farmington home Jennifer Dulos shared with her husband until 2017 as the search for the missing New Canaan mother reaches nearly two weeks.

A state police spokesman confirmed troopers assisted with the investigation Wednesday night at Fotis Dulos’ Jefferson Crossing home where an emergency search warrant was granted.

Attachments

• 20190817_sturbridge_resized.pdf
    431 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Just in. Body not identified yet:

NBC CT:
Police: Body Found in Bristol

Carmen Chau on Twitter

I don't think it's JD. I know this area, it's densely populated even though it says wooded area. It also seems way too common/lacking sophistication/not Quentin Tarantino enough for our boy FD. With the "no foul play" statement it is likely a homeless person or alcoholic patron of the many bars on or around Center Street. Moo

Last edited:

I drove by 61 Sturbridge today. It is in a small cul-de-sac about a 5 minute drive from Waveny Park. If loud metal banging was coming from the property the morning after JD's disappearance (i.e. dogs barking for hours early on May 25) as reported by MSM, it would not have to be too terribly loud a banging, IMO. The houses are closer together and smaller than, IMO, the aerial picture from William Pitt's website might imply. This is not a secluded estate - rather, the neighbors can see and hear everything because a 2.43 acre lot (for a 9,300 sf house) is not proportional, in my opinion, and I took the widest photo possible without including any neighboring houses' driveways, through my car window. A small "For Sale By Broker" without any logo or name but a telephone number was posted on the front lawn. I saw neighbors across the way - the opposite house faces 61 Sturbridge directly, across a narrow road. If one were to walk to the 61 Sturbridge mailbox box on the cul-de-sac road, one would look face-to-face at the neighbor across the way's front door, a house not half as, umm, is grand the right word? IMO, classic architecture demands a certain symmetry that this house lacks. I will MOO a lot here because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My companion and I estimate that a reasonable valuation is about the average house price in New Canaan, $1.5 to $2 mm because it is an average house on a street with one or two above average mansions. The higher end valuation is for the 2019 new construction. It is not grand or impressive, IMO. Just another house on a residential street. This is very much a residential, family community cul-de-sac, IMO. I saw teenage neighbors outside the house across the way.

According to Zillow:
Median home comparison

Median Zestimate®
$1,217,200

The Google Maps photo of 61 Sturbridge and 360 degree tour is representative of my impression of the house and the neighborhood except with fewer trees.

FYI: The June 6, 2019 link to the MSM article was posted by oviedo on the Media, Maps, Timeline "No discussion" page but here is the relevant part, MOO:

Connecticut Post
6/6/2019

NEW CANAAN — Neighbors of a Sturbridge Hill Road home being developed by Jennifer Dulos’ estranged husband were woken up the morning after her disappearance by the loud sounds of metal banging coming from the property.

The sounds woke up residents and had dogs barking for hours early on May 25 — the day after Jennifer Dulos was reported missing.

The scene was quiet Thursday outside 61 Sturbridge Hill Road, where neighbors said state police had searched on Wednesday. The property of the 7,000-square-foot home, listed at $4.8 million, is still being developed with a trailer with Fore Group’s name on the side and a metal dumpster located on the property.

A nanny at one home in the neighborhood said state police focused on the metal dumpster located in front of 61 Sturbridge Hill.

One man who lives on the street said police have been to the neighborhood three times since Jennifer Dulos disappeared.

Another neighbor said six state police vehicles were on the property on Wednesday. The man said police requested his security video, which investigators told him did not show any evidence. The man said police returned to his home on Wednesday, requesting additional footage dating back to May 19.

State police detectives were stationed in front of three properties on a Farmington private road connected to Fotis Dulos’ custom home-building company, the Fore Group. The detectives declined to comment as they stood near three properties on Olcott Way. The Fore Group completed two of the homes and owns a third property, which is an empty lot.

One detective was stationed Thursday outside 585 Deercliff Road in Avon. The property is listed on the Fore Group website and is the former primary residence of the Dulos family. The family’s nanny struck and killed Fotis Dulos’ mother in the driveway on the property in a freak accident in 2010.

New evidence led authorities back to the Farmington home Jennifer Dulos shared with her husband until 2017 as the search for the missing New Canaan mother reaches nearly two weeks.

A state police spokesman confirmed troopers assisted with the investigation Wednesday night at Fotis Dulos’ Jefferson Crossing home where an emergency search warrant was granted.

Thank you for this insightful information. It convinces me more than ever 80 MS is where she was taken due to its isolated nature. I think the car at Waveny Park was solely placed there to mislead since she was a runner. He thought it would tie LE up for days looking for a missing runner/kidnap victim in a locale like that. I don't think he anticipated LE seeing what they did in the garage so fast...moo.

According to Zillow:
Median home comparison

Median Zestimate®
$1,217,200

Connecticut Post
6/6/2019

Thank you, Panda.
At first blush I discounted the sounds coming from that house. At the time didn't realize how close these houses were. What concerns me is how much evidence did they find? To me, if they found anything he would have been arrested by now.
When I look at the rooms, the bathrooms especially, envisioning the worst, I am puzzled. Hard to imagine he dismembered her without leaving a scintilla of evidence behind.
Were you tempted to speak to the neighbors?
Did you have the feeling you were on hallowed ground?
You were brave. Not sure I could have done it.
MOO.

I am wondering if anyone else is thinking this....everyone is asking why LE has not brought charges yet...I am thinking they are waiting on GF Civil case...Re: notice of deposition they are asking Fore group and Fotis for:

1. Copies of the 2017 and 2018 tax returns for Fore Group, LLC.
2. Copies of the 2017 and 2018 tax returns for Fotis Dulos.
3. Copies of any corporate or financial statements given to banking institutions since 2016.
4. Copies of individual financial statements submitted to the court in the divorce action.
5. Copies of all documentation from January 1, 2017 supporting any expense reimbursements of Fore Group to Fotis individually...
6. Copies of all reconciliations of loans from Hilliard Farber or the Farber family to Fore Group and/or Fotis Dulos individually.
7. Copies of records reflecting the source of funds paid to criminal attorneys and private investigator.
8. Copies of any and all documents
9. Copies of any and all documents supporting your motion for surety bond.

In the motion for prejudgment remedy: I believe it is under the other docket,

The plaintiff has now received the bank records of Fore Group that evidence that the defendant Dulos has used the Fore Group as a personal piggy bank in addition to it as a corporate account and has reimbursed himself hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars for alleged corporate expenses, many of which are highly suspect. The procedure of allegedly utilizing personal funds to pay corporate expenses, then reimbursing himself for same raises additional questions on possible inflation...Plaintiff has identified questionable reimbursements which are highly suspect...Travel, Michael’s, Home Goods, T&E, gas, (for thousands at a time) Amazon, Walmart, various hotels, meetings, Uber the list goes on....

My point is....if GF wins this case...it gives LE slam dunk motive for Fotis wanting Jennifer dead...she filed for contempt right before she disappeared and there was a forensic audit the following week...

I think LE is holding out on charges to get the verdict on this case...I could be wrong...but I think this verdict truly helps them and it will be the downfall of Fotis after that....He will be charged with more than murder and anyone else involved even in financial dealings will be the next target for LE...

There are still Depositions coming of Fotis and Michelle...icing on the cake...IMO

LE could have built a case on their own...but this just makes their case so much easier for them in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member