Found Deceased WY - Aubree Corona, 28, did not return to campsite, Sublette County, 13 Jul 2019

@montanagirl15 can confirm this later. But she's busy. They found Aubree. They are taking her into the coroner to do an autopsy. Family is headed up there now. Please stop what your doing and say a prayer for her family and her children.
I had to come and check in today and my heart sank. I'm so very sorry that Aubree has been found deceased. I was trying to hold out hope, even though she's been gone a long time.

Blessings and healing to her children and loved ones.

Catching up:
I agree. I don't think she'd go down a road that is closed to vehicles by accident.

If she really was seen getting gas in Dubois, I don't think she could have been running out of gas. It appears to be 30-40 miles from Dubois to the Leeds Creek area. Even if she was going in circles, and even if she did not fill up, I would think she could have gone way further than 40 miles.

Thank you. When you zoom in, this stretch of road is still called Union Pass Road (600) on Google maps for a ways, although it clearly veers off of Union Pass Road (600). It's easy to see how somebody could get utterly lost out there, even if the gps was working.

Re: the gas, I don’t recall if it was stated if she necessarily filled up? (Or maybe I missed it or scanned over it)...my point is maybe she only had a few bucks on her? Do we know how she paid and how much gas she got? I can recall many a time counting quarters and change in the ashtray to get gas...

I saw upon a quick scan that @Gardener1850 posted a timeline iirc, going to see how sunset aligns with all of this.

—-

Obviously, things can be different in the more recent time frame but from the satellite view of the area that doesn't seem to be the case that she wouldn't be able to turn around.
Also noting that so far LE has not indicated her vehicle being stuck in any manner.

This is a good visual, thank you.

—-

ETA: Timeline

WY - WY - Aubree Corona, 28, did not return to campsite, Sublette County, 13 Jul 2019

—-

Thank you so much for the timeline. I tried to map most of the locations to get an idea of her possible route: Google Maps
It seems like she not only got lost she went the complete opposite direction she needed to go to get to Pinedale. Google maps didn't want to follow the smaller mountain logging roads unless I select cycling or walking. If I select driving then the route it gives is impossible in the timeline given. It seems like she was driving down unmarked roads and logging trails. No wonder she got lost if there are no road signs and Google maps won't even show the road she is on. Since she asked for a map at the gas station is it safe to say she either did not have GPS or the routes she took were not in a GPS/Phone mapping system? I'm not familiar with this mountain area but I have had that happen driving in mountains before where no navigation system was any help at all. I've also had a GPS tell me to turn right off of a cliff (fortunately I did not make the turn). Someone later told me that where I was driving the GPS signal bounces off the mountain range just enough to mess up the location-- it thinks you are on a different/lower road and that there is a turn there. I could see something like that happening in this situation. Perhaps she was making her way back using the map route the clerk gave but also had GPS up at the same time? If her GPS gave a shortcut then she might have tried to take it and gotten lost again. Unfortunately there are so many places she could have made a wrong turn. :(

MOO

I have heard this exact same thing from someone who was directed with a GPS turn that would have taken them right off the cliff had they followed that.

I’m seeing the notes of condolences. Trying to follow this in order.

I am sorry to Aubree’s family, friends and boyfriend, especially her little ones.

Last edited:
NO! Gawd I’m heartbroken. There are no words. Simply heartbroken.

We tried didn’t we? All the helpful suggestions. The maps. The VIs being here to answer questions.

I love all of you fellow WEBSLEUTHERS.

Take care. Peace and love to all who know and love Aubree.

So sorry Aubree:
The Unimaginable pain and grief of this family has been gut wrenching for them.
Her precious babies.
A moment of silence...... Rest Easy Beautiful Aubree your going home. Thankful she was located. You deserve honor.
No matter what happened this family needs the answers when the time is right. Prayers for rest after this long search.
All VI's take all the time you need.
Much compassion to you all.
@montanagirl15 (Butterflies in the sky)

I am surprised that there isn't an MSM source yet. Usually someone on Twitter or other social media outlets reports about someone being found. Hopefully this means that LE was able to do this quietly so that the family would find out first through them and not on the news, like some cases we've seen on here.

It happens. No worries! Those poor kids. The whole family. I hope they are able to somehow find peace.
Myself as well. I also feel for the boyfriend- wasn't he watching her children back at the campsite while she went on her errand? That had to be very hard for him and his family. Of course, it is difficult for her family and most especially her children. Such a sad situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle
Back