Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me feel sad that William may have been abducted, taken to the Herons Creek area, forensic evidence perhaps left at the sawmill ..... that doesn't mean a good outcome to me, IF that is even anywhere close to what could have happened.

Which it may not be, because we evidently know nothing!

I wonder if PS did witness the abduction? And for some reason he does not want to disclose that.. Has he been threatened? Was he an accomplice in some way? Is he unsure of what he saw and doesn’t want to appear stupid?
Or maybe he forgot... dwindling memory. Sometimes something traumatic can be pushed aside. Maybe questioning him at inquest was to ignite his memory...
IMO

Do you mean that the Coroner said 'after hearing Mr Chapman's testimony' - or just that it happened so quickly after Mr Chapman's testimony?

If you mean the former ... did you see something that said that?

I actually meant after having had a break, why did they put her on the stand at all. Did the Coroner just decide stop in a given second. Or did Katrina say something that helped her with that somewhat unexpected decision.

Last edited:
I actually meant after having had a break, why did they put her on the stand at all. Did the Coroner just decide stop in a given second. Or did Katrina say something that helped her with that somewhat unexpected decision.
I think the coroner had been in communication with police and knew that depending on certain results of a current investigation she would be required to suspend the inquest. So it took only a brief signal and she stopped, as they say, on a dime. (My speculation only.)

I personally think that if it was something Katrina said that the Coroner would have paused the inquest, gone off and consulted with Mr Craddock ... that the decision would not have come so immediately.

Or did someone pass a note to the Coroner / Mr Craddock!!

Eagerly awaiting Dr S summation of today’s proceedings ....

I think the coroner had been in communication with police and knew that depending on certain results of a current investigation she would be required to suspend the inquest. So it took only a brief signal and she stopped, as they say, on a dime. (My speculation only.)

So possibly leads have proved fruitful and police are now in a new phase of investigation? Maybe someone has come forward?

“In some cases, the Coroner may form the view that a known person may have contributed to the death, and there is sufficient evidence to refer the matter to the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP). If the Coroner forms this view during or at the end of an inquest, the Coroner may suspend the inquest and refer the inquest papers to the DPP. The DPP will then consider whether to pursue indictable charges against that person.”
Possible outcomes

This ABC article although only 5 minutes old isn't up with the latest which is that the inquest will resume in March. However, it says: "The inquest is likely to conclude four weeks of hearings today but is expected to sit again later this year." Does that mean that the coroner has heard all she planned to hear this tranche? 'I definitely saw William': Witness says he saw boy in Spider-Man suit driven away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle