Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said he had known the local cop, Wendy Hudson, “since she was a babe in arms.”

“So I went down to see this police officer, to mention about seeing William. But actually, she wasn’t at the club, her sister in law was there.

“I didn’t actually speak to her (Hudson) directly ... it was passed through the sister in law to her.”

He assumed the information had been passed on to detectives investigating the case, but in a stunning development, it seems that it wasn’t until April 2017 when police came to take his recorded statement.

NoCookies | The Australian
William Tyrrell inquest: Kendall resident says he saw William Tyrrell being driven away by young woman

Police were told much earlier but info wasn't passed on....WTF

“Well, there’s a local police officer in Kendall, and her and her husband used to go to the Kendal Services Club on the Friday night,” he said.
He said he had known the local cop, Wendy Hudson, “since she was a babe in arms.”
“So I went down to see this police officer, to mention about seeing William. But actually, she wasn’t at the club, her sister in law was there.
“I didn’t actually speak to her (Hudson) directly ... it was passed through the sister in law to her.”
He assumed the information had been passed on to detectives investigating the case, but in a stunning development, it seems that it wasn’t until April 2017 when police came to take his recorded statement.
William went missing in September 2014.

William Tyrrell inquest: Kendall resident says he saw William Tyrrell being driven away by young woman

How much of a concern was this to Mr Chapman? He passes the info along in an informal setting, assumes it was given to the right people, hears nothing for 7 months. But doesn't follow up before then?

I am afraid if I was so sure I'd seen William, it would be eating me alive and I would be visiting the police dept and asking to see a detective.

Although, it seems sometimes the elderly (is Mr Chapman elderly?) sit back and think doctors/police/whoever are taking care of things and do not expedite important matters with follow up.

Police were told much earlier but info wasn't passed on....WTF

“Well, there’s a local police officer in Kendall, and her and her husband used to go to the Kendal Services Club on the Friday night,” he said.
William went missing in September 2014.

Sorry about the language but WTF!

I'm simply speechless that Mr Chapman is confident he saw William in that car, and even after seeing the news report that very night about him missing, he made no effort to go to the police and report the sighting.
I just can't believe it.
There were literally hundreds of people searching bush land for this little boy, yet this man has seen him being driven away and says nothing ! :confused:

How much of a concern was this to Mr Chapman? He passes the info along in an informal setting, assumes it was given to the right people, hears nothing for 7 months. But doesn't follow up before then?

I am afraid if I was so sure I'd seen William, it would be eating me alive and I would be visiting the police dept and asking to see a detective.

Although, it seems sometimes the elderly (is Mr Chapman elderly?) sit back and think doctors/police/whoever are taking care of things and do not expedite important matters with follow up.

He is a pensioner - flower judge - pot plant aficionado and was expecting a delivery that day from Flower Express.

Last edited:
I'm simply speechless that Mr Chapman is confident he saw William in that car, and even after seeing the news report that very night about him missing, he made no effort to go to the police and report the sighting.
I just can't believe it.
There were literally hundreds of people searching bush land for this little boy, yet this man has seen him being driven away and says nothing ! :confused:

And then police never followed up correctly till a year later, imagine the evidence and alerts that could have been done if he had come forward that time he saw that builtin

Let's just be thankful he is making a statement, regardless if he should have come forward earlier....

The only other reason he may have not come forward earlier, This person who drove past likely saw him out of the house and could see he likely lived there.

He may have been fearful to report because they may come back and do something. Just another thought. I can completely understand.

But, if this was little William then his report to police right then may have led to tracking him down a lot sooner.

Sept 2016.

EDITED TO ADD: So to confirm, did Chapman say at the inquest he didn't come forward until a family member encouraged him to, then it has come out that LE heard about his sighting via a friend of a friend of a friend?

That could be viewed as inconsistent. Was it proactive on his part but late, or was he prompted by LE?

Just confirming here (to my own question) it looks like Chapman told the local police officer's SIL the night William disappeared, so it seems he thought he'd reported it. But that didn't actually get to police officially so it was March/Apr 2015 before he was interviewed. EDITED TO ADD: Or recorded interview 2017 - whatever! Late! Quite mind boggling really.

Last edited:
Thanks finally a colour mentioned, thought it may have been under suppression as no media has reported colour yet

Cc can I just ask if this photo of the 4WD is what was shown in court as what Mr Chapman actually saw ? After working with the Police to identify the car?

Sorry I have missed this car in earlier discussions??? So not sure where it originated...

It is quite amazing how people remember / describe colours as I would not use the word fawn to describe that colour ....

Not questioning your post or you just trying to work it out in my head with all the different cars ... thanks

I'm confused. Didn't somewhere say faded red.? Or is that another car?

I think we might have been speculating on the colour of the box-like 4WD, before drsleuth told us it was fawn coloured.
(drsleuth is likely attending the inquest imo, and hearing this info first hand, and before the media are passing it along).

Savage mentioned sighting a faded red car on the day before William went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnySomber