Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't it mentioned that the tennis club footage was unclear? Not sure if that came from the inquest or an article. I will have a look back.
Not what I was looking for but some info here: We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
“Unfortunately, it’s not a head on or behind shot where we would have number plates, it’s only descriptions of cars.

The three- or four-year-old boy had his hands and face pressed up to the glass in the fawn-coloured vehicle's back seat, he said.
Mr Chapman realised the significance of what he had seen when he saw a news story about William's disappearance that evening, he said.

"I recognised the boy's face and features," he said...........................

Mr Chapman said the woman, whom he described as fair, in her late 20s or 30s and "plumpish", was driving too fast.
"She was driving with speed; I couldn't estimate how fast, and almost lost control. She came around the corner at a wide angle."
Shortly after the four-wheel-drive sped past, another car going too quickly came around the corner from Batar Creek Road, he said.
"He cut the corner and was on the wrong side when he came around the corner, really, really accelerating."
The iridescent blue six-cylinder car was being driven by a man, he said, but Mr Chapman could not see any identifying characteristics because of the window tint.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/i-r...driven-away-inquest-told-20190828-p52lj5.html

“Do you think that in fact you saw William Tyrrell?” the counsel assisting Mr Gerard Craddock said. “I do. Yes,” he replied.........

Mr Chapman said he did not immediately report the matter to police because he’d heard a local police officer on the news that very night, saying detectives would be knocking on the door of every house in a one kilometre radius. He waited, but nobody came.

A few weeks later, having told his five sisters and many other people, he decided to make a formal report.

NoCookies | The Australian
William Tyrrell inquest: Kendall resident says he saw William Tyrrell being driven away by young woman

The three- or four-year-old boy had his hands and face pressed up to the glass in the fawn-coloured vehicle's back seat, he said.
Mr Chapman realised the significance of what he had seen when he saw a news story about William's disappearance that evening, he said.

"I recognised the boy's face and features," he said...........................

Mr Chapman said the woman, whom he described as fair, in her late 20s or 30s and "plumpish", was driving too fast.
"She was driving with speed; I couldn't estimate how fast, and almost lost control. She came around the corner at a wide angle."
Shortly after the four-wheel-drive sped past, another car going too quickly came around the corner from Batar Creek Road, he said.
"He cut the corner and was on the wrong side when he came around the corner, really, really accelerating."
The iridescent blue six-cylinder car was being driven by a man, he said, but Mr Chapman could not see any identifying characteristics because of the window tint.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/i-r...driven-away-inquest-told-20190828-p52lj5.html

What colour and type of vehicle was seen along Batar Creek Road with a heavy-set blonde (?) woman acting suspiciously?

Does anyone remember?

“Do you think that in fact you saw William Tyrrell?” the counsel assisting Mr Gerard Craddock said. “I do. Yes,” he replied.........

Yes, but did he see him in a dream?

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 9m9 minutes ago
The court heard Mr Chapman had previously told a detective he wasn’t sure if he had dreamt the sighting. He told the court he made the comment “because you’re not used to that type of thing happening in a small community”. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

He said he had known the local cop, Wendy Hudson, “since she was a babe in arms.”

“So I went down to see this police officer, to mention about seeing William. But actually, she wasn’t at the club, her sister in law was there.

“I didn’t actually speak to her (Hudson) directly ... it was passed through the sister in law to her.”

He assumed the information had been passed on to detectives investigating the case, but in a stunning development, it seems that it wasn’t until April 2017 when police came to take his recorded statement.

William Tyrrell inquest: Kendall resident says he saw William Tyrrell being driven away by young woman

“It was an old box-type 4WD. I couldn’t tell you what the make was. Fawn colour. Beige is a bit light. (The driver) was a woman in her late 20s to late 30s, blonde hair, very fair complexion, she wore a white, short-sleeved blouse.”

Asked by the counsel assisting: “You could see his hands, and his face?”

“Clearly,” he said.

He said he had known the local cop, Wendy Hudson, “since she was a babe in arms.”

“So I went down to see this police officer, to mention about seeing William. But actually, she wasn’t at the club, her sister in law was there.

“I didn’t actually speak to her (Hudson) directly ... it was passed through the sister in law to her.”

He assumed the information had been passed on to detectives investigating the case, but in a stunning development, it seems that it wasn’t until April 2017 when police came to take his recorded statement.

Yes, I wondered if that is what had happened: two dots not connected.

Yes, but did he see him in a dream?

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 9m9 minutes ago
The court heard Mr Chapman had previously told a detective he wasn’t sure if he had dreamt the sighting. He told the court he made the comment “because you’re not used to that type of thing happening in a small community”. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

It was a Friday and he wanted to make sure they didn’t get stuck in the post office over the weekend.
He heard what he thought was the lid of the mail box at around 10:45am, and went outside to see if his package had arrived.
He stepped onto the verandah, and he had his hand on the handrail at the top of the stairs when he saw a car coming and “what made me look was, the car was being driven around the corner at speed.
“There was an eight foot drain in front to the house, and I heard gravel running … she was almost in the drain,” he said.
“It was a woman,” he said, of the driver. “She was almost off the tar.

Detailed if it was a dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member