Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appears that Ms Cherry is a friend of a victim in where TJ was convicted.

A friend of the victim’s family, Katrina Cherry, who was in court, said the sentence brought some relief: “There’s one less of him on the street.’’

Ms Cherry said she and Jones’ relatives had been questioned extensively by police investigating William Tyrrell’s disappearance.

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
When she did her ACA interview it showed earlier footage of her outside court at his court case supporting the verdict.

Appears that Ms Cherry is a friend of a victim in where TJ was convicted.

A friend of the victim’s family, Katrina Cherry, who was in court, said the sentence brought some relief: “There’s one less of him on the street.’’

Ms Cherry said she and Jones’ relatives had been questioned extensively by police investigating William Tyrrell’s disappearance.

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 4h4 hours ago
She and her partner, Mr Jones’ daughter, were staying at the Jones house in Wauchope on September 12, 2014. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Is AJ's daughter her partner? Or were her and her partner and AJ's daughter staying at the Jones home?

Last edited:
After Mr Chapman gave evidence on Wednesday, the counsel assisting the coroner, Gerard Craddock, made a plea for additional information.

"If there is a lady out there who was driving a ... car with a child in the car, we do want that person to come forward," he said.

Mr Craddock's request brought the inquest to a close for 2019. It's set to resume in March 2020.

Ten days ago, Detective Sergeant Laura Beacroft told the inquest she didn't believe Mr Chapman was making up the story.

Laurel Street sits between Benaroon Drive - where the foster grandmother's home was - and the Pacific Highway on the eastern side of Kendall.

It links to Benaroon Drive via Batar Creek Road.

Det Sgt Beacroft said Mr Chapman believed the car - and another he saw following it - may have been driving in convoy but could have just been heading in the same direction at the same time

Woman seen with child day Tyrrell taken

Nine reporter just said coroner has suspended till next year but that was it. Ron Chapman seems pretty normal and not dithery or a typical 80 year old, reporter said Fawn station wagon
my dad is 80 and finally retired last yr,sharper on a comp than any other family member and cant sit still,so age means nothing to me with Mr Chapman

Interestingly this was one of Mr Craddock’s first remarks as tweeted by L Harris

He told the court William was likely abducted from Benaroon Drive and taken away from the scene “likely in a car”. However, he said “not a moment of the search was a waste of time”.

@10NewsFirst @10Daily

And it finished basically after Mr Chapman’s evidence......

Possibly a strategic move to make the offender /s think they have gotten away with it ... if not an abduction?? Iykwim ???

I think the coroner had been in communication with police and knew that depending on certain results of a current investigation she would be required to suspend the inquest. So it took only a brief signal and she stopped, as they say, on a dime. (My speculation only.)

I agree J,

I dont believe this is to do with Ms Cherry or Mr Chapman testimony today rather than further police inquiries and developments. The million-dollar question is will we ever know

Interestingly this was one of Mr Craddock’s first remarks as tweeted by L Harris

He told the court William was likely abducted from Benaroon Drive and taken away from the scene “likely in a car”. However, he said “not a moment of the search was a waste of time”.

@10NewsFirst @10Daily

And it finished basically after Mr Chapman’s evidence......

Possibly a strategic move to make the offender /s think they have gotten away with it ... if not an abduction?? Iykwim ???
I wonder if police have certain POIs bugged with listening devices.. there may have been some interesting conversations had over the past few days when certain individuals thought they were off the hook?

Wow I just hope with the 6mth delay, that some new fresh evidence has been uncovered, maybe from the recent search at Herons Creek or the person responsible has slipped up in a panic and has finally been caught out by LE.

The reason must be pretty big considering they were returning to Taree 11/11/2019...now not until March 2020

Yes, I agree. If she had a kidnapped child, and the 2nd car was involved, why would they both be driving erratically, 45 minutes after the initial abduction?

If this happened within minutes, it would make more sense that she would drive away fast. But if they had already been hiding him out somewhere, for almost an hour, I'd think they would try to lay low, under the radar, as they transported him out of the area.
I'm way behind in posts.. but.. it was only one officer's opinion that W may have went missing closer to 10:05 or 10:10 or 10:15; in FM's testimony, W disappeared closer to 10:30 or even 10:35 (with FM being the only adult person who was actually in attendance at the time and who may speak publicly, apparently).. she said they'd been looking for him for 20 minutes before calling police, which occurred IIRC at 10:56am. FD arrived back home about 10:35am; the first neighbor FM spoke to about missing William was AMS, who said she could already hear FD calling W. In that light, 10:45am on a street a short ways away, would make sense, no?

What I don't get, is why he waited so long to tell the police. And I remember reading somewhere, but can't remember where as I've probably read far too much, that someone had seen a Spiderman boy in a car, but that had been ruled out as being another child with his mother. There are so many people who could easily have been poi. I just hope justice is served for little William.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member