Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #9

Nurmi wants everyone to know that there ae fake accounts saying he sup pots the inmate, nope and he is letting everyone know
Also any claim mad by the inmate mommy saying he support her fraud fund are a lie.

Could the Appeals Court be waiting for an outcome re JM bar complaint? I hope not.

This Juan Martinez thing is nothing more than the “fiend” that is Jodi Arias out to annihilate another man for having crossed her. In ALL the trials I’ve watched, heard of ( and I’m a bonafide trial junkie) including Casey Anthony, Pam Smart (who I despise) this JA is the most evil and scary. Think of the carnage she leaves behind, I still find it heartbreaking and weird that detective Flores loses his young son during her trial. Nurmi (who I still despise and will NEVER give a pass to) her counsel who didn’t bow to her demands winds up with cancer and ultimately loses his ability to practice law which he willingly paid the price because he was so desperate to let it out what a horror show she is. and now the one she despises the most, who she’s burning to absolutely crush, is Juan Martinez. It killed her that he got murder 1, as she thought she outfoxed him on the stand, you know being Einstein and all. He then writes a book about putting her away and gets gobs of public adoration and fans. It was akin to Travis asking Mimi to Cancun. The last straw, so to speak. I truly believe her main goal, is not even to free herself, like any other normal prisoner Juan successfully prosecuted, it is to do emotionally and publicly to Juan what she did to Travis physically. Make them suffer enormous pain while she watches with glee. Her mother has a go fund me for this professional and personal take down of Juan, and even admits as such, states it’s not for the appeal. How twisted is that? I mean, who takes an opportunity to get money to fund their appeal to get out of jail and instead uses it To destroy the prosecutor and humiliate him? As much as Juan knew how truly evil she is, I don’t think even he, could have seen this coming. I mean, who does this? Most convicts want out and that’s their ONLY QUEST, sure, they always put prosecutor misconduct in the appeal, cuz they may have nothing else to try to free their guilty asses. But this devil wants revenge first. Sick sick sick.
Travis loses his life, Flores loses his son, Nurmi gets deadly cancer, then because of her twisted case, drops his law license and now this with Juan. She LIVES for revenge.
She should NEVER EVER EVER be let out because their would be a revenge killing spree and I would bet the house on it. I really HATE this, whatever she is, demon I guess.

Haven’t checked in here for so long, but this Is exactly who she is.

Judge dismisses sexual harassment ethics charges against top MCAO prosecutor

“Teflon” Juan Martinez got a temporary reprieve on Friday night when the presiding disciplinary judge of the Arizona Supreme Court threw out a chunk of the pending ethics charges against him that stemmed from allegations of sexual harassment in the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office.

Judge dismisses sexual harassment ethics charges against top MCAO prosecutor • Arizona Mirror

---

Tweeting this must have broken Kiefer's little heart.

From above linked article:

The rest of the charges remain — that Martinez disseminated confidential information about a juror; that he lied to investigators about his relationships with two different women, one a blogger covering the Arias case and the other a woman thrown off the Arias jury; and that he harassed a stenographer working in the Arias courtroom.

-and-

...the disciplinary hearing, which was supposed to begin Aug. 27, has been put off for 30 to 60 days, according to sources close to the case, so that the attorneys can recalibrate their plans.

Kiefer actually wrote the article, no wonder it has such a gruff tone.

A status conference will be held on Aug. 27th. Let's hope with these charges dropped, there might be some transparency to the trial, as a motion was filed to have the entire proceedings held behind closed doors.

Found this:
Cathy Russon (@cathyrusson) | Twitter
Cathy Russon
‏ @cathyrusson
Aug 23

Cathy Russon Retweeted Michael Kiefer

Juan Martinez's attorneys ask judge to limit media coverage at his disciplinary hearing. The State Bar has asked to seal the testimony from the hearing and media coverage be completely blocked in response to our request for camera/live streaming along with 3 other media sources.

in respond to this tweet:

Michael Kiefer
‏Verified account @michaelbkiefer

Judge asked to bar press from ethics hearing for Arias prosecutor accused of sexual misconduct Judge asked to bar press from ethics hearing for Arias prosecutor accused of sexual misconduct • Arizona Mirror … via @arizonamirror

Judge asked to bar press from ethics hearing for Arias prosecutor accused of sexual misconduct • Arizona Mirror

The Senior Bar Counsel for the State Bar of Arizona, which licenses and regulates attorneys in the state, went several steps further, responding to camera requests from four TV news stations by asking that all testimony in the hearing, slated for Aug. 27-29, be sealed and media coverage be blocked.

more in article.

Judge dismisses sexual harassment ethics charges against top MCAO prosecutor

“Teflon” Juan Martinez got a temporary reprieve on Friday night when the presiding disciplinary judge of the Arizona Supreme Court threw out a chunk of the pending ethics charges against him that stemmed from allegations of sexual harassment in the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office.

Judge dismisses sexual harassment ethics charges against top MCAO prosecutor • Arizona Mirror

---

Tweeting this must have broken Kiefer's little heart.
;););););):):):):):p:p:p:p

I just got the following email from the Court of Appeals about the upcoming Oral Argument:

The Court of Appeals, Division One will hear oral argument in case number 1CA-CR 15- 0302 State v. Jodi Arias on October 17, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. in Courtroom 2 at 1501 W. Washington, Phoenix, AZ 85007.

Oral arguments provide an opportunity for the parties’ counsel to argue particular points of law addressed in the briefs that they have submitted to the Court. The judges on the panel may ask questions of counsel during the argument. No decision on the merits of the case will be rendered during argument. Instead, the Court’s decision will be posted at a later date on the court’s website. At the oral argument, the Court will not be hearing new evidence, no witnesses will testify, and the appellant will not be present. The Court’s role is to review the record, procedures and decisions from the trial court.

The Court will begin livestreaming oral arguments on September 3rd. The oral argument in this case will be available for viewing live at the following link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXXNISxXF0wMX3vLHX_jrNA.

Recorded oral arguments are also available on the Friday following the proceeding, and are listed on the website: https://www.azcourts.gov/coa1/OralArguments/OralArgumentRecordings

Those wishing to view the oral argument at the State Courts Building should be aware that there is limited seating in the courtroom and that security will be on-site. No audio or video recording will be permitted in the courtroom without compliance with Supreme Court Rule 122.

Arizona appeals court to livestream Jodi Arias hearing in October

SEPTEMBER 4, 2019

"PHOENIX – The Court of Appeals, Division One announced Tuesday that it will be livestreaming the oral argument in the Jodi Arias case.

Arias will also not be present during the Oct. 17 hearing, which is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. inside Courtroom 2 in the Arizona State Courts Building....

The oral arguments provide an opportunity for both parties’ legal team to dispute particular points of law that they have submitted to the court.

This will also allow for judges on the panel to ask questions during the hearing. The court will not hear new evidence or have new witnesses testify.

There will be no decision the day of the dispute, and the court will post the verdict at a later date online website.

YouTube will carry the proceedings and the recorded audio version of the argument will be posted the following day here."

https://ktar.com/story/2723309/arizona-appeals-court-to-livestream-jodi-arias-hearing-in-october/

Jodi Arias Update: How To Watch Oral Argument Live Stream

09/16/19

"...According to KTAR News, the court proceedings are set to begin at 10 a.m. inside Courtroom 2 at the Arizona State Courts Building. The oral arguments that are set to take place will give the legal teams on both sides the opportunity to "dispute particular points of law that they have submitted to the court."

During this time, judges will also be able to ask any questions they may have surrounding the case. Arias herself will not be present for these arguments, nor will the court be hearing new evidence or witness testimony....

As for the ultimate decision following Oct. 17, it is said that the court will post the verdict at a later unspecified time on their website. Those who are interested in a live stream of the hearing can watch via YouTube or listen to the audio version beginning on Oct. 18 through the Arizona Court of Appeals website."

Jodi Arias Update: How To Watch Oral Argument Live Stream
---

Ytube:

Arizona Court of Appeals, Division One Courtroom 2

Arizona Court of Appeals, Division One Courtroom 2

Search Court of Appeals Division One

Search Decisions
---

Oral Argument Recordings

Oral Argument Recordings

This is the first US based criminal case that I followed in depth, before I discovered WS, I still have a lot to learn. I'm just catching up on some of the previous posts, I look forward to hearing everybody's thoughts as the appeal moves forward.

Of all the cases I have ever followed this killer is certainly one of, if not the most cold hearted defendant I have ever seen. I have no doubt that she would have become a serial killer, if she had not been caught she would have gone on to take more lives. I hope she stays locked up forever.

Many years have passed but I still find myself thinking of Travis all the time. I hope this farce is over soon so he can rest peacefully and his family can go back to getting on with their lives and trying to heal from their terrible loss.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back