Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for disagreeing agreeably, city girl!
Here's what I struggle with: Why would MT visit Bowman's office before she was ever charged with anything?
I can't wrap my mind around making that appointment.

If you're pure as the driving rain and no one has been accused of a crime, how does a conversation with a defense attorney go?

Somebody help me here!
Because she was far from being pure as the driven rain and guilty as hell? :D
MOO

Afitsy this is no disrespect. I really like, appreciate, and ponder upon everything you write....

I don't understand those who won't look at EE. If he helped cover it up or hide info, that doesn't take away one ounce of guilt away from MT or FD.

For a MONTH he had seats in his possession that had JD's blood on them. He obviously suspected this was likely the case. In my eyes, that is big time hiding evidence. If my mother was viciously murdered, an intense police investigation was going on, and this guy had seats with her blood on them. And most likely knew it. UGH.

Replace the below clipped sentence and insert MT with EE. Then replace married with 3 small children with - a single mom with a young daughter.

All this simply might have been too much for EE (MT) to deal with and I think fear could be a very real issue. We just know EE (MT) is married (a single mom) with 3 small children (a young daughter).

What is the deal with this guy getting a pass? I'm seriously interested as to why.

Again, this doesn't take away from MT or FD. I just am saying he, in my opinion, stalled this investigation big time by hiding a HUGE, GIGANTIC piece of evidence.

IF EE was trying to Hide the truck seats, he never would have Offered them to LE.

LE showed up to get EE's Red Truck and EE says, by the way, here are the seats that were actually in the truck on May 24th, just in case you need them, also.

Those particular seats were not specifically in LE's search warrant for the red truck. EE could have kept his mouth shut and disposed of the seats when FO Demanded that he do that, but EE did not.

EE knew absolutely Nothing about the crime before, during or after.

The Only thing EE knew, was that his employer was acting just a little more stupid than usual by Washing EE's Truck and Demanding that the seats be changed.

Exactly what other aspect did EE Know?

Just because JF was missing, does not mean that EE knew anything about anything.

EE talked Willingly and Openly with LE at 4JC on May 29.

EE talked Willingly and Openly with LE on June 2 and it was during that interview, EE told them that FO had access to EE's red truck during the work week.

EE talked Willingly and Openly with LE at his own residence on June 6 when LE arrived with a warrant for the red truck and EE Offered the old seats to LE.

EE talked Willingly and Openly with LE when they asked him to come by their offices for an interview on July 12.

It was NOT like EE 'finally decided' to take a joy ride and oh let me stop by and tell LE the truth, like MT thinks she is doing.

LE asked EE to come by for an interview and he did so willingly.

EE answered Every Single Question by LE, Honestly and Without Reserve.

Did MT do that? Did FO do that?

Did EE assist FD in the disposal of Mounds of Evidence on the 'Trash Bin Odyssey of Stupidity Date Night' on Albany Road in the Hartford Area, or was that MT?

Did EE assist FD with clean up, or was that MT?

Did EE assist by bringing FO trash bags to 80MS or was that MT?

Did EE take off with keys to prevent someone from taking their own vehicle or was that MT?

Did EE refuse to be interviewed by LE, or was that FO?

Did EE lie during LE interviews, or was that MT?

Did EE provide FO with a false alibi for that Friday morning, or was that MT?

Did EE murder JF or was that FO?

So, EE was supposed to be a psychic and determine that FO murdered JF just because FO was acting a little more stupid than usual, about an employee's red truck?

We may even have to take into account and have some insight into why some people from the Old Country, may not approach LE on their own.

I was raised by my loving stepfather from Eastern Europe. He was born in 1923 and lived through WWII and the Communist Occupation. He and a brother with his family were able to eventually escape, but their sister and her family did not make it. A few years back, we learned that their sister and her family were accused of aiding and abetting the family's escape and they were never seen again. I am fortunate that my stepfather and his brother died before knowing that information.

Every Single Person in those countries Knew to NEVER Trust the Authorities. EVER.

Every Single Person in those countries Knew to NEVER Trust their neighbors or even members of their own family. EVER.

Every Single Person in those countries Knew to NEVER go to the Authorities about anyone or anything. EVER.

No matter how small the information was, Anyone reporting to the Authorities in these Eastern European Countries, would be dead within hours by either the person they reported on or by the Authorities.

I am not saying that EE was under this line of thought because of his recent ancestry, but What Exactly was EE supposed to approach the Authorities and tell them, about FO Before June 2?

During the June 2 interview, just 9 days after JF goes missing, EE told LE that he leaves his red truck at 4JC each week and this info opened the case wide up.

9 Days, Not 2 Months later.

Do we now need to blame LE for taking an additional 4 days before seizing EE's red truck? I wonder what took them so long? hhhmmm?

WELL DONE EE is all I can say.

IMO and MOO MOO MOO until the cows come home.

@Myvice
For some reason I cannot access the CT judiciary site. Will keep trying and post back once I figure it out.

TY @afitzy. No big deal. I just can't get it off my mind because the custody is such a big deal for me.

Sorry to rudely interrupt the stream of the thread. Very kind of you to try.

i would put money on the reason he didn't come in to LE sooner- He couldn't come up with the money for a retainer for attorney.
these guys don't even go to the dentist on time
because of lack of disposable money.
Every expense has to be planned for. Doctors
for the kids- take em to emergency room and the hospital send a bill. truck breaks down, go to junkyard for parts and fix it yourself.
Buy kids clothes in thrift shops. etc.
They are the working poor. Many people can't relate.

I'm not sure if you meant it this way or not but your post seems very critical of working class people. Yes, I'd say more than 75% of the state can't relate. I have had to do everything you list at one point or another to provide for, take care of, and keep my family together. This isn't an easy place to live. I've actually looked up PG's house and it is much nicer than mine. The fact it's in Simsbury also says he is doing much better than I am.

I am going to venture and say yes, especially after living here in CT and seeing what I have seen. The expanse between the haves and the have nots is the width of the Atlantic, with the haves absolutely clueless (or at least they act clueless) as to how the have nots and the rest of the world actually survives. Every single time my husband and I have been taken advantage of here it has been by someone far richer, with access to everything we don't have. It seems to be the name of the game here. If I had been PG, and my life is probably very comparable, I would have been scared to death when I put together what was happening. Over the fact I would need to quit my job, how would my family survive and how would this affect them, how would I hire an attorney and where would that money come from since I don't have family to help me, etc., etc. I am sure it would have taken me some time to figure it all out too.

Yes, TKB, we so quickly forget that the great majority of people in the US are a paycheck away from bankruptcy.

Many have to choose between buying necessary medicines and eating regularly.

I don't believe a working man with a family of five could quickly make the decision to hire an attorney.

Attorneys may give you a brief free consultation but you're probably not going to get much advice and certainly not representation without coming up with a retainer. (Maybe you have a credit line and maybe you don't. You could have to write a check on the spot.)

That doesn't make attorneys bad; it just makes them businessmen/women who also have families to feed.

Whatever it took for EE to do what he did, I'm in his corner and prepared to donate to any fund!

What I have a hard time with is why would he pre-planned a manner of death that was so messy and time consuming, and with almost no hope of getting away cleanly?
He could of strangled her or used chloroform. He could have knocked her dizzy long enough to put a garrotte around her neck and have killed her. His choice of such a messy manner of death makes no sense to me.
He lost valuable time for disposing of the body by having to clean up.
And, in keeping with his pattern/plan I still think he put her body in a dumpster in Waterbury on his way back up to Farmington.
I think that is why he is so smug that she will not be found. She is long buried in the landfill in Waterbury.
MOO MOO MOO MOO

I think he thought he’d have more time before anyone knew she was missing and maybe—probably—she fought back and hard. MOO.

According to the lastest arrest warrants, police traced Gumienny’s pickup truck to and from New Canaan on the morning Jennifer Dulos vanished.
Still images from surveillance video footage taken from highways between Farmington and New Canaan and from local school bus cameras were included in the arrest warrants that show the pickup truck, but do not reveal the driver.

But police said they “believe” Fotis Dulos parked the pickup truck on Lapham Road near where his estranged wife’s Chevrolet Suburban was later found abandoned. According to the warrant, Fotis Dulos was “lying in wait” at Jennifer Dulos’ home until she returned from dropping off their children at school.

“The crime and cleanup are believed to have occurred between 8:05 and 10:25 a.m,” according to the warrant.

Police also said “Dulos is believed” to be driving Jennifer Dulos’ Suburban — with his wife’s body inside — when it was captured on a neighbor’s security camera leaving her Welles Lane home at 10:25 a.m. that day, the warrant said.

However, there is an unexplained gap in the police timeline.

The Suburban is pictured leaving Jennifer Dulos’ home at 10:25 a.m., and the Tacoma is seen passing the New Canaan rest stop on the Merritt Parkway at 11:12 a.m. The distance between the two locations is about 10 minutes plus the time it would have taken to switch vehicles at Lapham Road.

“I hate it when law enforcement says ‘we believe,’ ” Maddox said. “That’s useless; we want to know the facts. Here it sounds like the facts because it’s surrounded by facts. They have an unfair advantage. This is a public document. It’s sensationalizing what they have.”
There is still a gap in their timeline between around 1030 when the Suburban left Welles Lane and the murder scene and after 11 am when the FD truck was videod on the Merritt, right?

Hmm. Reading this, compared to my earlier theory that someone helped him AT JD's house (and put her directly into the red truck immediately after killing her, never putting her in the Suburban) - just wondering out loud:

Could he have killed her, left her for minutes in the garage while he drove the Suburban to the park where he either met MT, or he himself drove EE's truck back to her house to pick up her body?

Or maybe that's just thinking too much.

@afitzy - do you know the license plate of FD's Suburban? Also, do you know of a white Cadillac Escalade or possibly other white SUV with lots of shiny chrome on it being involved in any respect with this case? Thanks!

MT had a white truck or vehicle. I read that in an early thread last night. What about her mom or one of the lawyers like KM? MOO.

I'm not sure if you meant it this way or not but your post seems very critical of working class people. Yes, I'd say more than 75% of the state can't relate. I have had to do everything you list at one point or another to provide for, take care of, and keep my family together. This isn't an easy place to live. I've actually looked up PG's house and it is much nicer than mine. The fact it's in Simsbury also says he is doing much better than I am.
When are you coming back to Cali??? Soon, I hope. :)

And don’t forget his beloved backpack he wore everywhere after he killed Jennifer. What was in it? Was he closely guarding it because he had used it to carry the knife, cleaning supplies, contractor bags and then afterwards it had stains?

But I suppose, if so, he would’ve of dumped it during the date-nite duo dumping drive.

Or maybe, despite stains and other evidence, he just couldn’t part with it. Who jogs with a backpack that big? It certainly wasn’t the size of a fanny-pack to carry his ID, iPhone, cash.

MOO

Was it possibly one of those backpacks that literally hold water? MOO.

I was talking to some New Canaan police tonight about the case at a local event, of course they can't divulge any specifics on the investigation, just to say there is more evidence yet to be released, and something about "double jeopardy", not that that seems relevant to me here.

Also a local article quoted criminal lawyers:

One attorney not connected to the case says the prosecution is sending a clear message to Fotis Dulos and his defense team.

“They are putting Fotis Dulos on notice that ‘we’re not messing around and we’re coming after you,’ ” New Canaan defense attorney Matthew Maddox said.

Fotis Dulos’ defense attorney, Norm Pattis, is known for his flamboyant style and has routinely sparred with the prosecution and drawn criticism for his theories about the disappearance.

State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo has called for a gag order in an effort to control Pattis’ comments and to avoid the case from further becoming a “media sideshow.”

As news spread of Fotis Dulos’ latest arrest on Wednesday, the media flocked to the Bridgeport state police barracks where he and his attorney addressed reporters upon being released.

“It was quite a production,” Maddox said. “It was very deliberate and spawned by the adversarial relationship between law enforcement and his attorney.”

Urso said the state appears to be making a pretty convincing case.

“It looks as though this could form the basis of a murder warrant against Fotis Dulos,” Urso said. “A strong case could be made that there is enough circumstantial evidence to charge Fotis with murder.”

Former worker and his truck

Some of that evidence was provided by Urso’s client, Pawel Gumienny, a former project manager for Fotis Dulos’ company, Fore Group.

Gumienny usually left his red 2001 Toyota Tacoma pickup at Fotis Dulos’ Farmington home during the week while using his employer’s vehicle to drive to New Canaan to work on one of the company’s homes.

According to the lastest arrest warrants, police traced Gumienny’s pickup truck to and from New Canaan on the morning Jennifer Dulos vanished.

The arrest warrant stated Gumienny was ruled out as a suspect, and police believe Fotis Dulos used the vehicle in connection with his wife’s disappearance.

Urso said his client has fully cooperated with the investigation.

“He’s very upset that Fotis dragged him into this mess,” Urso said. “He quit when Fotis was arrested.”

Still images from surveillance video footage taken from highways between Farmington and New Canaan and from local school bus cameras were included in the arrest warrants that show the pickup truck, but do not reveal the driver.

But police said they “believe” Fotis Dulos parked the pickup truck on Lapham Road near where his estranged wife’s Chevrolet Suburban was later found abandoned. According to the warrant, Fotis Dulos was “lying in wait” at Jennifer Dulos’ home until she returned from dropping off their children at school.

“The crime and cleanup are believed to have occurred between 8:05 and 10:25 a.m,” according to the warrant.

Police also said “Dulos is believed” to be driving Jennifer Dulos’ Suburban — with his wife’s body inside — when it was captured on a neighbor’s security camera leaving her Welles Lane home at 10:25 a.m. that day, the warrant said.

However, there is an unexplained gap in the police timeline.

The Suburban is pictured leaving Jennifer Dulos’ home at 10:25 a.m., and the Tacoma is seen passing the New Canaan rest stop on the Merritt Parkway at 11:12 a.m. The distance between the two locations is about 10 minutes plus the time it would have taken to switch vehicles at Lapham Road.

“I hate it when law enforcement says ‘we believe,’ ” Maddox said. “That’s useless; we want to know the facts. Here it sounds like the facts because it’s surrounded by facts. They have an unfair advantage. This is a public document. It’s sensationalizing what they have.”

The initial charges of tampering with evidence and hindering prosecution stemmed from Hartford video surveillance that police said showed two people resembling Fotis Dulos and Troconis making a series of stops along a 4-mile stretch of Albany Avenue the night of the disappearance.

The video showed Fotis Dulos tossing bags that were later determined to contain his wife’s blood and clothing, the warrant said.

The recent charges are related to Fotis Dulos and Troconis cleaning the Tacoma, according to the warrant.

Troconis told investigators she helped Fotis Dulos clean what he called “spilled coffee” out of Gumienny’s truck at Fore Group’s Mountain Spring Road property in Farmington the afternoon of the disappearance, the warrant said.

“Troconis told investigators at one point (Fotis) Dulos handed her a stained towel he had been using to clean the truck and told her to place it into a plastic garbage bag,” the warrant said. When questioned about the towel, Troconis claimed she could not remember the color of the stain, but admitted the towel “did not smell like coffee,” the warrant said.

According to the warrant, Fotis Dulos tried to keep the Tacoma by repeatedly offering Gumienny to take his Ford Raptor for the weekend. After Gumienny refused, Fotis Dulos eventually took the Tacoma for a car wash and interior detail five days after the disappearance without his employee’s knowledge, the warrant said.

Even after the truck was washed, the warrant said Fotis Dulos continued to pressure Gumienny to remove the seats and offered to swap them with ones from his Porsche. Out of fear of losing his job and to get Fotis Dulos “off my back,” Gumienny told investigators he switched the seats but kept the old ones even though his boss instructed him to get rid of them, the warrant said.

On June 6, five days after Fotis Dulos and Troconis were originally arrested, Gumienny turned over to police the seats he had removed from the Tacoma, the warrant said. Tests revealed Jennifer Dulos’ blood was found on one of them, the warrant said.

Enough evidence for murder charge?

Police had the information about the apparent attempts to clean the pickup by early August, but the arrest warrant was not obtained until Tuesday — 10 days before Judge John Blawie is expected to consider Pattis’ request to dismiss the original charges.

Maddox said the new warrant could be an attempt to get the police narrative about the investigation out to the public. He concedes it reads like a murder warrant, but without the homicide charge.

“Why deliver this warrant now?” Maddox said. “I can’t think of a procedural reason for doing it. My guess is that the state is waiting for more forensic evidence before they charge him with murder. In the interim, with so many people clamoring for information, they wanted to put their side out there.”

John “Bob” Gulash, a Bridgeport criminal defense attorney who has represented clients in several high-profile cases, declined to speak specifically about the Dulos case, but said it’s not uncommon for police and prosecutors in general to wait as they gather more information before filing a murder charge.

“Speaking in general terms in situations where, for a number of reasons, the police or state felt comfortable that there was not a risk of flight or the chance the suspect was a danger to the community, there is no need to act at any particular pace,” Gulash said.

And he said unlike other felonies, which have a five-year statute of limitations, there is no ticking clock on a murder charge.

“The be all and end all for a prosecutor is not whether he or she is confident of establishing probable cause, but whether or not they have reason to believe further investigation might provide additional evidence to make a more compelling case capable of proof beyond a reasonable doubt in an ultimate prosecution,” Gulash said.
Legal expert: Prosecution telling Fotis Dulos ‘we’re coming after you’

There is still a gap in their timeline between around 1030 when the Suburban left Welles Lane and the murder scene and after 11 am when the FD truck was videod on the Merritt, right?
Thank you for this. BUT,

I believe that for copyright reasons no more than 10% of an article can be posted on WS. The MSM direct link for copyrighted material also is required or a Mod will delete the post. Wasn't sure if you were aware of these rules but for more details just go to TOS on the main homepage, just wanted to make sure your post isn't removed.

I believe the CT State of Police Spokesperson in his statement on Friday regarding the case alluded to the issue of 'double jeopardy' as part of his prepared remarks but mentioned it in the context of the State's preparation of their case against FD and MT. A statement from the CT State of Police Spokesperson is considered an 'official' source by WS based on my understanding of TOS, but conversations overheard at a casual event with local police is not. This is my interpretation only so if you have questions about what can and cannot be included here on WS its always a good idea to send a message to a Mod to double check.

Last edited:
@peace9274, the jogging theory for FD getting from Waveny to Welles has never sat well with me due to the obvious issues.

The bike theory put forward by someone the other night was interesting and would provide speed and also some cover via a helmet and bike gear (could also be used to cover the entire body so to limit DNA transfer too).

But, the assistant idea in NC has always in the back of many folks minds on WS I believe.

KM is in so much trouble these days himself but I wonder if these two clowns might drive down to NC together on the 24th and then attempt some kind of crazy 'atty client privilege' nonsense and business meeting while driving?

We didn't get great visibility in the AW photos of occupant/s in the Red Tacoma but my guess is that the photos exist and we will see them in full technicolor at some point.

MOO

It was late last night as I was reading early threads but did I see that FD had a motorcycle registered? I may well be wrong. MOO.

Hmm. Reading this, compared to my earlier theory that someone helped him AT JD's house (and put her directly into the red truck immediately after killing her, never putting her in the Suburban) - just wondering out loud:

Could he have killed her, left her for minutes in the garage while he drove the Suburban to the park where he either met MT, or he himself drove EE's truck back to her house to pick up her body?

Or maybe that's just thinking too much.

As far as we know the only evidence is the Suburban coming in and out of Welles, and then the pickup parked at Waveny where the Suburban got dropped off. If I had been planning a murder like that I would want to get to town pre dawn then wait in the woods for JD to leave. If he was in the woods when JD took the kids to school he saw the group together for the last time.

There is a theory that he got poison ivy because he went through the woods from Waveny to Welles presumably without being seen.

But I have questioned where he got the clean up materials and whether he used the Suburban to put all the clean up debris and dead body in; I personally would not use the wife's car to transport everything out; but a separate easy to clean vehicle. His actions seem too "special forces" like to me, things could go wrong if he did everything himself and then had all the clean up materials at the Welles house in stock, bags, rags, cleaning fluids, etc.. How could you bank on that unless the wife had a big stock??

But I have questioned where he got the clean up materials and whether he used the Suburban to put all the clean up debris and dead body in; I personally would not use the wife's car to transport everything out; but a separate easy to clean vehicle. His actions seem too "special forces" like to me, things could go wrong if he did everything himself and then had all the clean up materials at the Welles house in stock, bags, rags, cleaning fluids, etc.. How could you bank on that unless the wife had a big stock??

Agreed - I really think he had help (MT? The rapey lawyer friend?) - who used the red truck somehow, possibly even going to the house quickly (was there some way through the back yard?) to get her body. I also think (but LE may well know differently!) that he wouldn't use her Suburban to carry her body, because he wouldn't want any of her blood in it - seeing as how he was probably staging a pretend kidnap setup with her supposedly jogging in the park.

@afitzy - do you know the license plate of FD's Suburban? Also, do you know of a white Cadillac Escalade or possibly other white SUV with lots of shiny chrome on it being involved in any respect with this case? Thanks!
Good questions. Think we have a picture of FD Suburban someplace. Have not seen any mention of a Escalade. Interesting though that Mamma MT got into a shiny white SUV after the last MT arrest appearance. I will work on this and get back to you!

Also, 2 seats were switched out. This implies front seats to me as a back seat would be 1 seat. I'm going thru AW to see if it specifies but not seeing that yet. It doesn't make sense to me that JD would be put in the front seat so how would the blood be on front passenger side unless transfer from FD and somebody else driving. Also, FD told EE he was afraid of hair transfer and I don't think that would apply to back seat. IMO.

I didn’t remember two seats just that at some point before all of this Ford seats had been put into EE’s Tacoma but after my forays into replacing car and truck seats and the Porsche Cayenne in specific, I do know that some people install bucket seats in the back, too. I saw replacement types for both although I actually thought FD might have put buckets in the Porsche, which is why he had the leftover seat (I presumed it was a bench or split).

Now I had another thought about the Tacoma; is it a crew cab (full back seat with full doors in back) or an extended cab, where you often don’t have access doors to the back seat from the outside? Either way, when you buy trucks especially for work, you can get them without the back seat and some people do with extended cabs especially so they have more room for stuff since the back seats aren’t as big as they are in crew cabs. Construction guys and mechanics do often have extra seats or get them cheap and install them themselves, so maybe that’s why EE had Ford seats in the Tacoma earlier. MOO.

Agreed. Very confusing. But how can we believe anything she says? She has been lying for 81 days! Covering up for the murder of a woman she knew who had 5 children.

I can't attest to what Andrew Bowman knew and believed.
But based on his demeanor on this last AW he looked as though he had been kicked in the stomach.

Your assessment was he wouldn't last much longer. Would not blame him for jumping ship and saving his reputation.

IMO she is bad to the bone. She may be weak and misguided but she is still bad to the bone. MOO.

As I think about MT's proven lies which make it hard for us to accept her word on anything, my mind keeps going back to Krystal Lee in the Kelsey Berreth case.

KK spent months plotting with Frazee to murder Kelsey, even driving hours and hours several times to do the deed herself.

When Frazee finally did it, KK drove again to clean it up. Then cell phone records trapped her and KK gave up enough of the story to buy her a sweet deal.

She's required to testify at his trial next month.

All this to say, Lying Liars can be used by LE and as much as we don't like it, they often get those sweet deals. Let's hope a jury believes Skanky-Bad to the Bone-MT, FD lives to die in jail and she gets at least 20 years!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member