Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many lawyers offer free consultations. They work out payment plans. They accept credit cards. I don't see the dentist often enough, I am paying medical bills on installment as well as lawyers fees, shop in thrift stores, my car is almost as old as the Toyota truck and I had to go on google last weekend to figure out what was wrong with it and then make a difficult fix myself. Disaster is one disabling event away. Most Americans are living paycheck to paycheck. I do see your point but for me, I would have figured out how to get that information to the police ASAP.
Not in a case like this! No how, no way. And you are assuming this man had access to a credit card. To give you some idea how hard it is for people to pay for a lawyer in a criminal case, in most jurisdictions 85- 90% of people charged with crimes have public defenders. In some small, rural towns, that % is higher.

EE was fortunate to locate an attorney who knew exactly what to do to protect her client. I am sure it cost this man a pretty penny, unless the lawyer agreed to represent him pro bono. I hope she did, but it doesn't sound like it.

I won't post further about this point as it is best to agree to disagree.

The question I would like to return to is afitzy's discussion of blood loss. Has information about the amount of estimated blood loss been disclosed? Clearly, there was blood in the garage, enough to be observed by LE and we know about the very bloody pillow. Is it thought that most of the blood loss occurred in Jennifer's garage? If not, it would seem there is a lot of unaccounted for blood. There have been references to blood in other locations and it seems those locations are important. It seems LE has been vague about this.

Totally with you on the gloves question! But my suspicion is that FD had gloves but MT didn't ! Wouldn't that be a kicker? Why would FD hand her anything other than to get her DNA on it? MOO

That's a weird twist. Very cunning of him, if true. Maybe one of the big sticking points in this case is that the Prosecutor wants to make sure FD pays for this more than MT, whereas FD's defense lawyers are probably more than willing to throw MT to the wolves.

What if MT's DNA is everywhere but FD's is explainable in some way. Of course, no prosecutor worth his salt is going to buy that, but Pattis is certainly attempting every weasel maneuver.

If I were the D.A., I would sit back and smile while FD expended whatever money he has left. Of course, if FD commits any more crimes in this interim while he's out on bail, someone will have more than egg on his face.

BTW, I really wonder if any jury will be able to follow all of this with someone like Pattis in the mix.

dulos v. dulos
485.01 09/05/2019 C ORDER
newred.gif

RESULT: Order 9/5/2019 HON DONNA HELLER

she ruled on this:
485.00 05/02/2019 D APPLICATION FOR EMERGENCY EX PARTE ORDER OF CUSTODY
RESULT: Denied 5/2/2019 HON DONNA HELLER

Thank you @afitzy. This is what I was talking about. Is this a new ruling or something from the past? TIA

@citygirl, so you believe that MT lied to everyone INCLUDING her atty? Do you think that Atty Bowman sat in those meetings thinking that his client was telling the truth? Honestly the entire situation is so baffling to me that the lying went on so long and Bowman didn't know. Just seems improbable. So confusing too IMO.

Most attys do what they can to 'test' or 'check out' their clients stories IME and they certainly do this before letting them chat on the record with LE or federal officials. They know that lying can have disasterous results in trial and lying to LE is never a good practice. How Atty Bowman got caught up in this entire situation that we saw in black and white in the AW is something that I'm having a tough time processing as the situation went on for such a long period of time.

I agree that MT wouldn't know the truth if it tapped her on the shoulder to say hello, but doing what she did for as long as she did IMO takes this to a whole different level.

IF her Atty didn't know then IMO that's not good either. But its much much worse if he knew she was lying and allowed it or didn't stop the meetings. I don't know what to believe but I do know its altered my view of Atty Bowman and not in a good way.

The AW make clear that the events happened and I'm not sure how Bowman can go forward with MT? Not sure at all how he can effectively represent this client as she is like jello. Very confusing situation IMO. MOO

Agreed. Very confusing. But how can we believe anything she says? She has been lying for 81 days! Covering up for the murder of a woman she knew who had 5 children.

I can't attest to what Andrew Bowman knew and believed.
But based on his demeanor on this last AW he looked as though he had been kicked in the stomach.

Your assessment was he wouldn't last much longer. Would not blame him for jumping ship and saving his reputation.

IMO she is bad to the bone. She may be weak and misguided but she is still bad to the bone. MOO.

Sorry, I didn't quite make my point on response to your post. I shouldn't post at wee hours of the morning. I absolutely agree with you on all thoughts about MT. With the exception of how drugged out she is. Nope. Not believing she's a druggie. Does drugs, yes but not out of her head f'd up, IMO.
On the drugs issue, if any. I've been looking for any/all possible explanations as to why MT cannot seem to answer questions in full sentences in a way that is coherent? I think if you simply removed all her comments from the AW and placed them by themselves on a piece of paper and then read them that they would appear to be the work of someone who was impaired IMO. Not sure what is going on with her at all. If she needs help then I hope she gets it as I'm not sure how LE could work with someone that is responding to basic questions like MT is IMO. If the issue is that she is not confident dealing in English then by all means bring in the translators for the Spanish.

Given her mothers extensive history at experiencing federal charges there shouldn't be any excuse such as that MT doesn't understand what is going on around her in this case. IDK. Perhaps she is simply dim and cannot see beyond her day to day experiences and is incapable of seeing anything wrong with FD? IDK.

Just trying to put the puzzle pieces together and truly hit the wall when reading the MT responses in the AW.

MOO

Thank you @afitzy. This is what I was talking about. Is this a new ruling or something from the past? TIA
@Myvice. No. This is a new ruling but I have to go back and see when the original motion was filed. If I recall FD filed for custody around the time JD went missing. We talked about how ill advised this seemed at the time but I don't think Judge Heller ever ruled on it. Will have to go back and see and get back to you. Sorry, keeping all these rulings in my feeble brain is getting rough!

Not in a case like this! No how, no way. And you are assuming this man had access to a credit card. To give you some idea how hard it is for people to pay for a lawyer in a criminal case, in most jurisdictions 85- 90% of people charged with crimes have public defenders. In some small, rural towns, that % is higher.

EE was fortunate to locate an attorney who knew exactly what to do to protect her client. I am sure it cost this man a pretty penny, unless the lawyer agreed to represent him pro bono. I hope she did, but it doesn't sound like it.

I won't post further about this point as it is best to agree to disagree.

The question I would like to return to is afitzy's discussion of blood loss. Has information about the amount of estimated blood loss been disclosed? Clearly, there was blood in the garage, enough to be observed by LE and we know about the very bloody pillow. Is it thought that most of the blood loss occurred in Jennifer's garage? If not, it would seem there is a lot of unaccounted for blood. There have been references to blood in other locations and it seems those locations are important. It seems LE has been vague about this.
We just don't know. The only reference to a violent assault has been in her garage. I suspect it was a lot in that garage and maybe in her house? LE ain't talkin'.
MOO.

@Myvice. No. This is a new ruling but I have to go back and see when the original motion was filed. If I recall FD filed for custody around the time JD went missing. We talked about how ill advised this seemed at the time but I don't think Judge Heller ever ruled on it. Will have to go back and see and get back to you. Sorry, keeping all these rulings in my feeble brain is getting rough!

TY I just hadn't been able to get it off my mind. Sorry I'm so OT to the current conversation. No big deal.

What I have a hard time with is why would he pre-planned a manner of death that was so messy and time consuming, and with almost no hope of getting away cleanly?
He could of strangled her or used chloroform. He could have knocked her dizzy long enough to put a garrotte around her neck and have killed her. His choice of such a messy manner of death makes no sense to me.
He lost valuable time for disposing of the body by having to clean up.
And, in keeping with his pattern/plan I still think he put her body in a dumpster in Waterbury on his way back up to Farmington.
I think that is why he is so smug that she will not be found. She is long buried in the landfill in Waterbury.
MOO MOO MOO MOO
He wanted her death to be personal
I do not understand or agree with your conclusion that MT and EE are the "same" in any respect. He has told the truth every time asked, produced evidence critical to this investigation, evidence his boss demanded he destroy, and most certainly will be an important witness for the prosecution at trial. MT affirmatively helped destroy evidence, helped write the Alibi Script and is still lying to LE. She has done exactly the opposite of what EE continues to do.

One final observation. If EE was the "same" as MT why wasn't HE the one filmed during that garbage dump? Surely, if he was involved at her level FD would have made the EE make that dump. FD didn't do that because he knew the EE would never cover up something like that for him. I am confounded at the mudslinging. I truly am.
And one minor little detail...he hasn't been arrested or accused by LE. Clearly, they don't think he had any involvement before, during or after the fact. Unfortunately for EE he worked for a low life *** and his skanky girl friend; whose vehicle was used during the commission of a murder. Moo

My guess?
By the time this goes to trial Fotis will have public defenders.
And I seriously doubt that Mr. McKenna will come up with anything worth while.
Going out on a limb and saying this may be a slam dunk for LE.
IMO Fotis and Michi are going down.
I love that we both refer to her as "Michi". Lol!!! Moo

On the drugs issue, if any. I've been looking for any/all possible explanations as to why MT cannot seem to answer questions in full sentences in a way that is coherent? I think if you simply removed all her comments from the AW and placed them by themselves on a piece of paper and then read them that they would appear to be the work of someone who was impaired IMO. Not sure what is going on with her at all. If she needs help then I hope she gets it as I'm not sure how LE could work with someone that is responding to basic questions like MT is IMO. If the issue is that she is not confident dealing in English then by all means bring in the translators for the Spanish.

Given her mothers extensive history at experiencing federal charges there shouldn't be any excuse such as that MT doesn't understand what is going on around her in this case. IDK. Perhaps she is simply dim and cannot see beyond her day to day experiences and is incapable of seeing anything wrong with FD? IDK.

Just trying to put the puzzle pieces together and truly hit the wall when reading the MT responses in the AW.

MOO
I may be missing something in your deep analysis but I just think she is lying to cover her bony arse. MOO.

Just got caught up on all the conversations and one thought comes to mind on the theories on whether she was taken to Sturbridge and disposed of the next day etc.
Rigor mortis starts setting in 2 hours after death and begins to dissipate 13 to 15 hours after death. If she was put somewhere and care was not given to her position, she would have been very difficult to reposition or to put into a bag etc. She wouldn't bend or straighten depending. Just a gruesome fact to consider.

Horrific text follows; I’m sorry. I didn’t and don’t want to say this and I’ve hoped I never thought it was needed to say but in case it helps on timelines, etc., here goes: I think he cut the body into manageable (trash-bag size) pieces to at least move it from the garage. That does not mean “just” dismembering, which often seems to be thought of as limbs. Think of how dead whales are moved, in chunks. (Another awful thought.)

I think this because of my personal experience from when I was a veterinary assistant while I was in school. A poor puppy was brought in after being killed by what was thought to be a rabid raccoon. The owners had picked up the puppy after it was attacked (and died—sadly!) so it had to be tested for rabies. This was years ago and I can only hope there’s another way to test for it now but then the brain had to be sent to the state for testing. Don’t ask me why we couldn’t send the whole poor, dead puppy but it had to be the puppy’s head in a refrigerated pack. I’ll never forget my horror at learning that. :( It wasn’t a big puppy and the vet was a strong man and had rugged and sharp surgical instruments but it was so much harder to do than you’d ever think (not that I’d ever thought of it before). I don’t mean harder because it was so awful, because that was just as awful as you can imagine (don’t if you can help it). It was just very difficult for the vet to accomplish physically and he was young and strong.

And that is why I don’t think FD could have dismembered (as in limbs) neatly or quickly without something more than a knife. It’s why I think it either was an electric saw (requiring removal of clothes to avoid getting the material stuck in the saw teeth and jamming it and certainly splattering) there in a garage or it was more cutting into maybe half—through smaller bones—until he took the remains somewhere else for further awfulness. MOO.

When someone asked about dressing a deer yesterday, I said how fast that was but I should have clarified that dressing one is removing internal organs (not that I have ever done it or seen it! I just live in an area where it’s common conversation), not butchering. I hope this info is helpful and not just horrifying as it is for me. I don’t even eat meat.

MOO.

I never said they were the same. I’ll rephrase it.

I believe that anyone who has any information or any possible evidence in any murder case should come forward.

I am not comparing anyone as being the same. Or as being as accountable as the other. Or in the same boat. I believe they are both held as culpable. Totally separate in accounting for what they’ve done - but judged with the same measuring stick. FD too. They all three need to be held accountable with the same measuring stick, although there are severe differences in what they’ve done. FD wins.

I have empathy for EE. I honestly do. I understand how this happened to him. I’m sure he’s not a bad guy. If I were in his shoes I may have done the same. When it comes to the law and what we as citizens of this country are held accountable for, it should be same same same.

I guess what I’m saying is - does it matter where you come from, how much money you have, how many kids you have, how difficult it would be for you to come forward, or how likable you are, when it comes to giving evidence and/or information to a murder.

I am going to venture and say yes, especially after living here in CT and seeing what I have seen. The expanse between the haves and the have nots is the width of the Atlantic, with the haves absolutely clueless (or at least they act clueless) as to how the have nots and the rest of the world actually survives. Every single time my husband and I have been taken advantage of here it has been by someone far richer, with access to everything we don't have. It seems to be the name of the game here. If I had been PG, and my life is probably very comparable, I would have been scared to death when I put together what was happening. Over the fact I would need to quit my job, how would my family survive and how would this affect them, how would I hire an attorney and where would that money come from since I don't have family to help me, etc., etc. I am sure it would have taken me some time to figure it all out too.

He wanted her death to be personal
And one minor little detail...he hasn't been arrested or accused by LE. Clearly, they don't think he had any involvement before, during or after the fact. Unfortunately for EE he worked for a low life *** and his skanky girl friend; whose vehicle was used during the commission of a murder. Moo
Skanky just gives me the giggles.
It is so apropos.
MOO.

Always with you Pat but don't agree with this.
No way of knowing if she told him anything near the truth.
I think MT and the truth are incompatible.
MOO.
And he is stuck with her for now.

Thanks for disagreeing agreeably, city girl!
Here's what I struggle with: Why would MT visit Bowman's office before she was ever charged with anything?
I can't wrap my mind around making that appointment.

If you're pure as the driven snow and no one has been accused of a crime, how does a conversation with a defense attorney go?

Somebody help me here!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members