AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, 16 Sept 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't they buy the ice cream from a shop before the park? See images on report here:

Amber alert issued for missing girl who vanished from New Jersey park | Daily Mail Online

I wonder if girl and younger brother had same father?

It say here it was from local custard stand. So it wasn't a van.?

What is a local custard "stand? This doesn't sound like a shop. I see a custard stand (or ice cream stand << my words) as a someone with a cart with dry ice to keep the ice cream cold, but that's my subjective point of view. What is her subjective interpretation of a "custard stand"? We see them in a shop i agree. Does she actually say she got them from a shop?

I believe this predator is likely a stranger. We like to falsely, imo, think no child could be lured away by a stranger, but sadly it's just not the factual case.

Since she was known as a shy child also may mean she would do whatever an adult told her to do, and be compliant.

Also he may have used the ruse of telling her a lie in order to lure her. Help find my lost puppy, your mom just told me I need to pick you up. Etc.

Tragically for all of us, pedophiles are very skilled in what they do.

Jmho

Uggg.....tinted windows.....

Sigh. Of course. They always are. They make sure beforehand to be fully prepared way before they have found their little defenseless targets.

While I felt already the windows would be tinted I don't even want to think of how he has it setup inside.
:(

Jmho

Last edited:
I'm confused by the reporting on the ice cream as well. In the video stills of mom, her little sister and the 2 little kids, it appears they are getting ice cream from one of those small freezers full of individual ice cream treats at gas stations/convenience stores.

But other reports say a custard stand, as if to suggest a different sort of place to get ice cream. Did they get ice cream 2x? Look at the convenience store for ice cream but bought some later at the stand?

I thought perhaps mom and her sister remained in the car to finish their ice cream in the a/c or at least out of the sun to prevent it from melting fast. But how long was the ice cream purchase before the kids went missing? The son came back crying because he dropped his. Was that too much time to still have an intact ice cream to drop? Was it a different ice cream than from the convenience store?

I just find it odd that some of the reports specifically mentioned that LE hadn't confirmed the ice cream thing. But I don't know if those reports were before the still photos from the convenience store were released or after...

What is a local custard "stand? This doesn't sound like a shop. I see a custard stand (or ice cream stand << my words) as a someone with a cart with dry ice to keep the ice cream cold, but that's my subjective point of view. What is her subjective interpretation of a "custard stand"? We see them in a shop i agree. Does she actually say she got them from a shop?

No idea about a custard stand. May be an American term. I am in UK, so I initially thought something like what we have here, an ice cream van, or a stall like those that sell burgers and fast food, but those images show a walk in affair looking more like a shop to me.

Don't know where the original ice cream buying outlet came from, press?

A custard stand is a term we use around here for soft-serve ice cream shop. Yes it is a shop. It basically is a small store with walk up windows where you can order cones, shakes, sundaes, etc. It is not a cart or a van, but rather a permanent structure and usually opened seasonally, say April to October. Most only sell ice cream, but some others near me also have some lunch options. And many also now have drive up windows.

No idea about a custard stand. May be an American term. I am in UK, so I initially thought something like what we have here, an ice cream van, but those images show a walk in affair looking more like a shop to me.

Don't know where the original ice cream buying outlet came from, press?
Again - A custard stand is a term we use around here for soft-serve ice cream shop. Yes it is a shop. It basically is a small store with walk up windows where you can order cones, shakes, sundaes, etc.

A custard stand is a term we use around here for soft-serve ice cream shop. Yes it is a shop. It basically is a small store with walk up windows where you can order cones, shakes, sundaes, etc. It is not a cart or a van, but rather a permanent structure and usually opened seasonally, say April to October. Most only sell ice cream, so some others near me also have some lunch options. And many also now have drive up windows.

Thanks.

I'm from the UK so we have different interpretations that's why i was looking for clarification.

I'm confused by the reporting on the ice cream as well. In the video stills of mom, her little sister and the 2 little kids, it appears they are getting ice cream from one of those small freezers full of individual ice cream treats at gas stations/convenience stores.

But other reports say a custard stand, as if to suggest a different sort of place to get ice cream. Did they get ice cream 2x? Look at the convenience store for ice cream but bought some later at the stand?

I thought perhaps mom and her sister remained in the car to finish their ice cream in the a/c or at least out of the sun to prevent it from melting fast. But how long was the ice cream purchase before the kids went missing? The son came back crying because he dropped his. Was that too much time to still have an intact ice cream to drop? Was it a different ice cream than from the convenience store?

I just find it odd that some of the reports specifically mentioned that LE hadn't confirmed the ice cream thing. But I don't know if those reports were before the still photos from the convenience store were released or after...
One possibility is that they went into the small grocery store for another reason and the kids saw the ice cream and asked for it. It's a Coastal which is also a gas station. Maybe Mom suggested they wait for ice cream and go to the custard stand instead. JMO
We never see them buying the items in the grocery store, only looking, iir.

Google Maps

Here is an image of basketball courts, a playground and Burt St, with buildings. Makes sense that this is the playground where she went missing. Van could easily have parked behind the buildings and then driven off down Burt St. Those playing b-ball were nearby and were interviewed. It fits the descriptions given on amber Alert. JMO

Uggg.....tinted windows.....

Tinted windows are illegal in New Jersey.

New Jersey Tint Laws - 2018 & 2019 - Car Tinting Laws

Tint darkness for SUV and vans:
Windshield:
No tint is allowed on the windshield.
Front Side windows: No tint can be applied legally to this window.
Back Side windows: Any darkness can be used.
Rear Window: Any darkness can be used.

Tint reflection for SUV and vans:
Front Side windows: No mirrored or metallic appearance.
Back Side windows: No mirrored or metallic appearance.

I still really want to know WHERE this description is coming from... I hope it’s CCTV and that they have yet to release the stills or a segment. I’m having a really hard time believing a random witness could not only notice all of this but then also remember it days later... the only way I’d take such note is if I thought what I was seeing was suspicious and at that point I feel like the description would have come out sooner? As a poster noted above... this kind of description really does seem too good to be true!

I don’t think they do have video here. I can think of a few recent cases where law enforcement put out video practically as soon as they had it.

That would be the key to identifying the vehicle and perpetrator.

The fact that they haven’t done that here, with time running out and the stakes as high as they get, makes video unlikely IMO.

This highly specific description must have come from witnesses.

I completely agree - if they had a still, even a blurry one, I think they would be putting it out there.

My guess is that once they had the one key witness who said "I saw this guy leaving with a young girl" then maybe others on the basketball court who had also seen that person (but didn't see the abduction or realize that who they saw was a suspect) helped fill in more of the description. If 3 ppl recalled he had acne, red pants, orange sneakers - then police feel confident enough to put that in the description. That is all just my speculation.

Tony Caputo
@TonyCaputo

#njmornings Family members gather in the #Bridgeton, Cumberland County park this morning where 5 year old Dulce Maria Alavez disappeared Monday. Hear from the girl’s grandmother as well as the very latest on the search
@News12NJ

EEv306zWkAAmVrF

EEv306qXUAEb8MA

Tony Caputo on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors