GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to put this out there. Because I have so much confusion at this point. After watching the sentencing several times, I'm beginning to think maybe this is the one time SM didn't lie. Maybe he doesn't know where her body is. I have a whole lot of maybes now and it's aggravating me. He takes out the sd card so TM can't keep track of where he's going. He calls HE from payphone. He parks across the street from convenience store, not to hide from cameras, but so no one or TM sees his car at payphone. He calls HE and tells her he's finally leaving TM. Tells her he's going to get the pregnancy test. He goes to Wal-Mart to get the test and locks his doors because TM isn't with him. He buys pregnancy test and cigar (maybe he was happy that HE might be pregnant and he could start his life over with someone who isn't TM). He leaves to meet HE and sometime after, TM appears in PC's car. Hence, the whole "Mom hit a deer and totaled her car" post that night. Then things start to quickly go downhill. SM had assured TM it's over with HE, but here they are together and TM has caught them. Who knows if she has a gun or other weapon and what they are forced to do-because we all know this chick is way over the edge and you don't cross her. After everything is over and done, TM has her dad dispose of HE and won't tell SM where. He can't be trusted. He would crack too easy and give up the info at some point. I just don't put anything past this crazy woman. I've always believed she has threatened SM that she would hurt him and the kids if he even thought about telling someone the truth. Now, I'm not saying SM is totally innocent in all this at all. At a minimum, he should have spoken up and told the truth years ago. It's his fault he's sitting in prison now. Does anyone else think this could be plausible?

Edit: Do we know if PC's car was ever examined for damage or DNA? Was there a police report made after hitting the deer? Was there any video from any of the bars/ restaurants that proved the M's really even worked that night? Sorry for all the questions. I just feel like I have so many more questions now.
There is a part of me that completely agrees with this, but there is another part of me that thinks it’s wishful thinking because we all care about Heather so much and want to believe SM truly loves her and wouldn’t harm her.

Not interrupt great thoughts on who did it. I can only think two people would have to be out of their minds to do this to HE. Coked up or alcohol up. I'd hate to wake up after that numb brain party and realize what we have done. Smack! But they did.

May I ask if anyone knows what Ashley's bf's sex offence was? How is CM allowed to be living with him living there at PC's too if he is a SO? I couldn't find J on the registry and think I missed a lot of the posting in regards to him and his offence. tia

RSBM: We're not as small a minority as we used to be. More and more people have latched onto LB's.

Side note: Look at all the OG's posting in here tonight! It feels a lot like a much-needed hug. ♥

Awww Big virtual hugs!! We’ve been through IT ALL here but look at how far everything has come. I’ve spent more time with y’all these past 5 3/4 years than I did some IRL friends. It’s nice to see the wheels of justice finally turning. I can’t wait for the day we celebrate the Elvis family having the answers they deserve and being able to properly say goodbye to Heather.

Oh Heather, give us a sign! Where are you?

IMO

Something has bothered me during the entire trial. Why was HE so scared of TM? I've never heard of any threats, etc. The texts such as "Are you ready to meet the Mrs?", calling to TK, etc might make you feel a little scared, but not to the point where you would be terrified like they portrayed it. I'm just missing the bigger picture with it. Did SM tell her something that made her so afraid of the Mrs?

I didn't know TM. Never saw her. Never spoke to her. As far as I know she doesn't know me from a frog. But I am terrified of her.

Also let me elaborate a little. It's something just about HER. And even her family. I saw Polly and the 2 kids at court Wednesday and every instinct in my body was telling me to get out. It was creepy.

Hi all. I had to take a brain and soul break after the verdict and sentencing yesterday so have LOTS to catch up on, but I did want to jump in and tell you about a dream I had last night.

Very simple dream without much but a message: I log onto Twitter (in my dream) and the first thing I see is a tweet from NL that says simply, "I'm not done."

I don't know if Nancy has a Twitter but I have to believe that dream is a sign. Now I'm off to read the 10 bajillion posts I've missed since yesterday. Who knows, maybe I'll read that that is actually happening already? One can hope. :)

Kind of sort of happening already. Of course they're not done and won't tell yet. But also we aren't done! Not until Heather has come home.

I didn't know TM. Never saw her. Never spoke to her. As far as I know she doesn't know me from a frog. But I am terrified of her.

Also let me elaborate a little. It's something just about HER. And even her family. I saw Polly and the 2 kids at court Wednesday and every instinct in my body was telling me to get out. It was creepy.

Kind of sort of happening already. Of course they're not done and won't tell yet. But also we aren't done! Not until Heather has come home.

I think Tammy exudes evil, plain and simple.

I agree. They creep me out and I'm hundreds of miles away. But, it's because of what I know now after the fact. I guess I just feel like SM had to tell HE about certain incidents for her to be terrified. And, then my mind starts creeping back to Amber Berbiglia....

Here's why they didn't play the video before

"It wasn't relevant until Ashley [Tammy Moorer's sister] took the stand."

And here is the deal on the 364 days

A hope, he clarified, that rested on two people's cooperation and a ticking window of time under relatively new state law.

This law must have something to do with making deals? How can we find out what the law is?

Here's why they didn't play the video before

"It wasn't relevant until Ashley [Tammy Moorer's sister] took the stand."

And here is the deal on the 364 days

A hope, he clarified, that rested on two people's cooperation and a ticking window of time under relatively new state law.

This law must have something to do with making deals? How can we find out what the law is?

I'm looking but haven't found anything.

Appears they gave the opportunity to both of them to provide information within a year.
If Tammy does provide information, it will be at the day 364 with an hour to go until 365--she will want some control like always.
Is this why she didn’t end up testifying? Why he removed his wedding ring? I have to wonder if they already planned for Tammy to come forward and let SM take the fall for “the sake of their children”. Would explain why he said he can’t bring them closure (and not that he didn’t do it). He can’t because he has to get his kids mom back to them.moo

Sorry for the double post but catching up and wanted to say I totally agree! I know we have been in the minority of thinking PTL was not “the” scene of the crime but I still believe that. IMO there’s no way of knowing for fact either way bc the truth is so scattered within the hours of threads, trials, SM postings, interviews etc. Probability tells me that there are big twisty things we have no clue to (like when the cell phone info about LBs was disclosed and TM phone pings confirming stalking) that may or may not be known by NL and her team that would wrench up our timeline at least a bit. I also have intimate knowledge of someone being changed by a narcissist, over time they start believing the alternate reality is “the norm” despite it being so clear to those of us on the outside. SM was at one time a victim of TM and despite ALL of his horrid actions in regards to Heather, whatever those may be, I believe he will eventually snap out of it and confess. I’m not saying within the next calendar year but the person he was before TM will eventually find its way back. It may be after the youngest child is grown, it may be next week but that’s my opinion. The only reason she would ever cooperate would be to look like a hero but she is too far in to save face. IMO. What a sad day it will be when SM wakes up and realizes the alternate reality he was living was actually hell on earth. If he hasn’t already. Those sobs yesterday looked genuine IMHO. I don’t recall TM sobbing like that at her sentencing?

IMOO
I often wonder whether the reason SM will never tell the truth about what really happened is because it would be so humiliating he would never be able to face his children and parents ever again.

Look at what we already know, he was handcuffed to the bed, he was branded, he was physically abused ( he told one of the officers in an interview that she beat him, but he deserved it) he was called a little , he was babysat at work and accompanied by TM everywhere. And that is just some of what we know.

It wasn't only Heather that was punished, TM told a friend her heart was dark for SM. We can only imagine the belittling and degrading that went on behind closed doors and in front of his children and in laws. TM finding out about his affair just gave her a legitimate excuse to up the ante (in her mind)

Imagine how small he felt, especially when the whole world heard how TM treated him. A little whipping boy who followed TM around with his tail between his legs. His sense of masculinity must have really taken a hit.

I don't think he could bear his children to really see him for who he is. Responsible for the death of a beautiful young lady and possibly their unborn child, the destruction of her family and his own children's lives all because he didn't have the balls to say no. IMO

Edited to add: Don't know if any of you listen to the podcast Real Crime Profile, but TM and SM's relationship is a textbook case of coercive control if ever I heard one!

Last edited:
RSBM "Sidney now has 364 more days to provide substantial assistance. And what I mean by that is to provide us with the body or some portion of it." - Jimmy Richardson

What does this mean about him having a year to provide assistance?
TM went to prison in October, so that't about a month away. Did the State give them both a year to come clean with where Heather is? Or is this some type of rule of law? Confused!

RSBM

I'm confused. SM has been sentenced. I dont know how a deal could affect his sentencing after the fact. Now for a future murder trial or some other charges, they could make a deal with a light sentence or immunity. I'm so confused on this. I feel like I have way more questions now after the trial.

Code of Laws - Title 17 - Chapter 25 - Judgment And Execution

SECTION 17-25-65. Reduction of sentence for substantial assistance to the State; motion practice.

(A) Upon the state's motion made within one year of sentencing, the court may reduce a sentence if the defendant, after sentencing, provided:

(1) substantial assistance in investigating or prosecuting another person; or

(2) aid to a Department of Corrections employee or volunteer who was in danger of being seriously injured or killed.

(B) Upon the state's motion made more than one year after sentencing, the court may reduce a sentence if the defendant's substantial assistance involved:

(1) information not known to the defendant until one year or more after sentencing;

(2) information provided by the defendant to the State within one year of sentencing, but which did not become useful to the State until more than one year after sentencing;

(3) information, the usefulness of which could not reasonably have been anticipated by the defendant until more than one year after sentencing, and which was promptly provided to the State after its usefulness was reasonably apparent to the defendant; or

(4) aid to a Department of Corrections employee or volunteer who was in danger of being seriously injured or killed.

(C) A motion made pursuant to this provision shall be filed by that circuit solicitor in the county where the defendant's case arose. The State shall send a copy to the chief judge of the circuit within five days of filing. The chief judge or a circuit court judge currently assigned to that county shall have jurisdiction to hear and resolve the motion. Jurisdiction to resolve the motion is not limited to the original sentencing judge.

HISTORY: 2010 Act No. 273, Section 13, eff June 2, 2010.

Last edited:

SECTION 17-25-65. Reduction of sentence for substantial assistance to the State; motion practice.

(A) Upon the state's motion made within one year of sentencing, the court may reduce a sentence if the defendant, after sentencing, provided:

(1) substantial assistance in investigating or prosecuting another person; or

(2) aid to a Department of Corrections employee or volunteer who was in danger of being seriously injured or killed.
Above seems to be the part of the law Jimmy Richardson referenced with his comment regarding the 364 days (363 now, SM! tick tock). So, unless he saves somebody's butt in prison (2), it looks like he needs to help with the investigation or prosectution of "another person." Not himself. Another person. So a simple confession where he admits he did it and worked alone? That won't do it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this mean he's not helping get TM out; he can only help himself by throwing her (or someone else) under the bus?

I think it's important to realize this would result in a "reduction of sentence," not a get out of jail immediately card. Even if one of them takes the deal, they still won't be out in time to finish raising any minor children. I'd say we can take parenting off the leverage table.

(B) Upon the state's motion made more than one year after sentencing, the court may reduce a sentence if the defendant's substantial assistance involved:

(1) information not known to the defendant until one year or more after sentencing;

(2) information provided by the defendant to the State within one year of sentencing, but which did not become useful to the State until more than one year after sentencing;

(3) information, the usefulness of which could not reasonably have been anticipated by the defendant until more than one year after sentencing, and which was promptly provided to the State after its usefulness was reasonably apparent to the defendant; or

(4) aid to a Department of Corrections employee or volunteer who was in danger of being seriously injured or killed.

(C) A motion made pursuant to this provision shall be filed by that circuit solicitor in the county where the defendant's case arose. The State shall send a copy to the chief judge of the circuit within five days of filing. The chief judge or a circuit court judge currently assigned to that county shall have jurisdiction to hear and resolve the motion. Jurisdiction to resolve the motion is not limited to the original sentencing judge.

HISTORY: 2010 Act No. 273, Section 13, eff June 2, 2010.
It looks like if TM's upcoming 365-day deadline expires, she could get a second crack at it if the State agrees to give her the opportunity. Part B has more specifications than part A, though, so one of them should just go ahead and spill it now.

And can we have the purple parts stricken? We don't need either of them to get any bright ideas.

Last edited:
I like the line in the article that they have a lot more evidence not shown. To me that says there may be more coming out.... and a murder trial is still a possibility if they find her. And maybe even if they don't. They aren't letting it all out there to be known. I also think from his statement, there is a decent possibility of finding her body. That means not the ocean, and not burned. Just need to know where to look. Its a start and its hope for closure. Here's hoping Sid finally loses the noose around his neck that TM has and grows back some balls....... and tells EVERYTHING he knows. My gut says even the prosecutes may think he doesn't know EVERYTHING. But i bet miss Ashley is wearing diapers at this point so she doesn't %*%& herself daily. Hey Ash, Ready to take the stand in your OWN defense next???

BBM

Ohhhhhhhh yes. What the state knows that Ashley doesn't (yet) know they know must be keeping her quite on edge. She is going down.

Ashley looked panicked when the pros. talked about care for Caison (not sure if he has a disability or not) AND Tammy and Ashley do hate it when the "babies" and their care are at risk.

I don't think Ashley cares about the care of the child at all. I think she looked panicked because she couldn't figure out why NL was asking those questions and had to think quickly about whether she was supposed to lie or tell the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get