GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Sidney Moorer, accused in the disappearance of Heather Elvis will once again face a jury in September. The retrial will take place in Horry County instead of Georgetown County.

Dennis also approved a questionnaire be submitted to the jury, so long as both the prosecution and the defense agree on the questions.

A mistrial was declared in Sidney Moorer’s original 2016 kidnapping trial.

In August 2017, Moorer was sentenced to 10 years in prison after a jury found him guilty of obstruction of justice for impeding the investigation into Elvis’ disappearance.

Last year, a jury convicted Moorer’s wife, Tammy Moorer, of kidnapping Elvis. She is currently serving a 30-year prison sentence.

‘Three more months? It’ll go by fast:’ Sidney Moorer retrial set for September in Horry County

Sidney Moorer's thread from his first kidnapping trial: MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #1

HS5HYKCYN5FYDFGDUTFVYLXVPE.jpg

Retrial Thread #1 - RETRIAL - Sidney Moorer for kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019

Retrial Thread #2 - RETRIAL - Sidney Moorer retrial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #2

Retrial Thread #3 - https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...kidnapping-heather-elvis-9-sept-2019-3.473764

Last edited:
Does anyone remember the amount of time it took for deliberations in TM's trial? Tried to briefly look it up, but didn't find it.

I did however see a picture of TM hugging her oldest two kids after the verdict was read. It's sad to see the domino effect of a person's actions... of course the ultimate victim of all of this is Heather; but how could they not consider them implications on their children. Completely soulless individuals.

Does anyone remember the amount of time it took for deliberations in TM's trial? Tried to briefly look it up, but didn't find it.

I did however see a picture of TM hugging her oldest two kids after the verdict was read. It's sad to see the domino effect of a person's actions... of course the ultimate victim of all of this is Heather; but how could they not consider them implications on their children. Completely soulless individuals.
I don't remember, but it was hours, not days. I'll look in a minute if I can get WS to cooperate.

I do not remember how long it took her jury. I think it took them longer to get her back into the courtroom though.
Yep. When the jury came back with a verdict, they had a hard time getting Tammy back in the courtroom.

I would have loved to see that meltdown. I remember she held up the process for a long time.
Oh man, me too! I remember we were so tortured and confused, waiting for her to get back to the Defense table so we could hear the verdict!

Did anyone hear the timeline on when the verdict would be read? Did the judge announce how long after he's been notified that court would resume? TIA
I didn't hear him say anything about a timeline like that. Sorry.

Tammy didn't even go back into the courtroom to hear Sidney's verdict on the Obstruction of Justice.
I remember that and commented that may be last time she would see him or hug him probably for the rest of her life. If I remember correctly she couldn't visit him in prison because of her charges. The only time she has seen him since was the time they brought both of them to court earlier this year. Can you imagine not going into the court room and being there for your loved one? She's a special kind of evil, imo

I think Tammy took so long to get to the courtroom after a verdict was arrived at because she knew a quick verdict meant guilty and she had a meltdown, if memory serves correctly.
It had been said that she was informed of the verdict and that's why she was so hard to get back to the courtroom. I never understood the how's or why's with that. Still don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member