GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's much easier to get a conviction, when the Defense attorney doesn't have his standing weekly lunch date on the jury. JMO.

"If anything this [case] demonstrates the importance of circumstantial evidence." Yes, it does!

Someone tell the defense attorney this. At the end of his closing, he said exactly this: "We don't send people to prison on circumstantial evidence."

Oh yes we do!

I don't think Ashley cares about the care of the child at all. I think she looked panicked because she couldn't figure out why NL was asking those questions and had to think quickly about whether she was supposed to lie or tell the truth.

She panicked because she didn't know what lie she was caught in, imo. Really expected NL to go a bit deeper with her and thought she was the rebuttal witness, I still don't think we've seen the last of AC in the court room.

I'm really glad to hear that they are following up on tips they've received in the last week. 'Damning evidence’: Attorneys discuss Sidney Moorer’s retrial, conviction
Me too! And I'm so glad there are tips still coming in.

In that clip, Greg McCullom says the following:
"A woman sitting just near us says, 'well, everyone's heard of it. Who would not have heard of it?' And so I think that's indicative of it, so yeah, my personal opinion is that the venue should have been changed."

Sigh. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - GEORGETOWN WATCHES THE SAME NEWS STATIONS WE DO! Georgetown does not have its own news stations. The people there (and I'm saying this as someone who once lived there) watch Myrtle Beach, Florence, and Charleston news. So, it's not like they're shielded from the news of this case. Also, and this may surprise some, the World Wide Web is worldwide! Georgetown doesn't have its own separate internet.

Additionally, "the U.S. Census Bureau says the Myrtle Beach metro area is the second fastest growing area, by percentage, in the country . . . 1,400 people per month are moving to the metro area."

The Myrtle Beach metro area is one of the fastest growing area in the country

Quick math:

-46.6 NEW people move to the area every single day.
-Roughly 95,200 new people have moved here since Heather went missing.

I think the venue location is just fine. I talk to people about Heather quite often. Some have never heard a thing about this case; some remember hearing about it when it first happened and/or recently heard there was a conviction; none know anywhere near what all of us here know. McCullom can just stop with that nonsense.

TLDR - Somebody make TM's attorney stop with this change-of-venue baloney.

Last edited:
I'm really glad to hear that they are following up on tips they've received in the last week. 'Damning evidence’: Attorneys discuss Sidney Moorer’s retrial, conviction

Thanks for posting, TTF14.

From the above link:

“Prosecution said the verdict was a relief but it’s not the end as they’re still receiving tips to help solve the mystery of where Elvis is located.
Fifteenth Circuit Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said the investigations and tips aren’t stopping just because someone else is behind bars.
“We’ve got people looking today, chasing down some of those tips that came in last week,” Richardson said.“

Thanks for posting, TTF14.

From the above link:

“Prosecution said the verdict was a relief but it’s not the end as they’re still receiving tips to help solve the mystery of where Elvis is located.
Fifteenth Circuit Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said the investigations and tips aren’t stopping just because someone else is behind bars.
“We’ve got people looking today, chasing down some of those tips that came in last week,” Richardson said.“

I’m so glad to hear new tips are coming in. Hope is a good thing..... we know now mistakes were made by the Moorers. Lets hope there is more to be found that will get a murder conviction and a means to finally find poor Heather, if possible.

We have a dedicated group here and know we will keep on searching for the truth and work to keep Heather’s story out there. We’re sticking together!!! Hugs!!

I hope for but do not expect either M to give up the other because they are equally guilty. In their minds as long as appeals are out there or parole is something less than 30, they are the only one's with 'hope' as sick as that sounds.

My hope is that something does happen in the next year, or if not...NL then goes after AC for OOJ, purgery, or accessory. She needs to be in jail over this too...or either put the fear of 10 yrs of prison in her and see if she sings.

I know the LB theory is gaining momentum..but I think if NL thought that was so..she would have made it so. I believe the meeting at PTL was between Heather and Sydney alone and all it took was him to show up and say get in the truck and that was that. I also believe whatever happened; happened at the M house and was not messy but quick and brutal and that father Caison's vehicle was used after that.

Morgan has a very classy response to a local internet troll Amber Jacks on this Sun News post..The Sun News. For a long time I thought AJ was a C or M family member, I've been told no but not sure who it is.

Wowwwww. CLASS ACT. She responded in exactly the right way.

Morgan Elvis has more class in her left pinky toenail than the entire Moorer/Caison clan put together. Watching her grow up with this has been heartbreaking but it has made her so strong and eloquent. I'm very proud and wouldn't at all be surprised to see her someday as an RBG type or running for an office or even taking over for Nancy Grace. And if she did run for an office she'd have my vote no doubt.

Is this why she didn’t end up testifying? Why he removed his wedding ring? I have to wonder if they already planned for Tammy to come forward and let SM take the fall for “the sake of their children”. Would explain why he said he can’t bring them closure (and not that he didn’t do it). He can’t because he has to get his kids mom back to them.moo
Wouldn't it be lovely if Tammy did indeed spend that week in Horry County Jail spilling her guts?

Prosecution said the verdict was a relief but it’s not the end as they’re still receiving tips to help solve the mystery of where Elvis is located.
“We’ve got people looking today, chasing down some of those tips that came in last week,” Richardson said.
'Damning evidence’: Attorneys discuss Sidney Moorer’s retrial, conviction

Maybe this isn't over yet!!

Code of Laws - Title 17 - Chapter 25 - Judgment And Execution

SECTION 17-25-65. Reduction of sentence for substantial assistance to the State; motion practice.

(A) Upon the state's motion made within one year of sentencing, the court may reduce a sentence if the defendant, after sentencing, provided:

(1) substantial assistance in investigating or prosecuting another person; or

(2) aid to a Department of Corrections employee or volunteer who was in danger of being seriously injured or killed.

(B) Upon the state's motion made more than one year after sentencing, the court may reduce a sentence if the defendant's substantial assistance involved:

(1) information not known to the defendant until one year or more after sentencing;

(2) information provided by the defendant to the State within one year of sentencing, but which did not become useful to the State until more than one year after sentencing;

(3) information, the usefulness of which could not reasonably have been anticipated by the defendant until more than one year after sentencing, and which was promptly provided to the State after its usefulness was reasonably apparent to the defendant; or

(4) aid to a Department of Corrections employee or volunteer who was in danger of being seriously injured or killed.

(C) A motion made pursuant to this provision shall be filed by that circuit solicitor in the county where the defendant's case arose. The State shall send a copy to the chief judge of the circuit within five days of filing. The chief judge or a circuit court judge currently assigned to that county shall have jurisdiction to hear and resolve the motion. Jurisdiction to resolve the motion is not limited to the original sentencing judge.

HISTORY: 2010 Act No. 273, Section 13, eff June 2, 2010.
Thank you!!! So even AFTER one year, there can still be a sentence reduction if the State files a motion to do so. Good to know, as the Moorer's may have to sit on the reality of their situation for a bit before one of them rolls on the other.

Thank you!!! So even AFTER one year, there can still be a sentence reduction if the State files a motion to do so. Good to know, as the Moorer's may have to sit on the reality of their situation for a bit before one of them rolls on the other.

I wonder if this applies also to the cousin who supplied the testimony of seeing the picture on Sydney's phone?

I'm just going to point out that after a year it has to be evidence that either the defendant didn't know about, or that the state didn't have enough to make it useful. I highly doubt that will apply in this case so the reality is those 2 have the 1 year. Now, AC or DD or them may. Personally I hope and suggest AC flip to save her hide.

SECTION 17-25-65. Reduction of sentence for substantial assistance to the State; motion practice.

(A) Upon the state's motion made within one year of sentencing, the court may reduce a sentence if the defendant, after sentencing, provided:

SBM/BBM
Also, in regard to DD, this specifies 'after sentencing' so I don't know if it would apply to DD's current charges which haven't even been adjudicated yet. I sure wish he could enter drug treatment and recover.

I know the LB theory is gaining momentum..but I think if NL thought that was so..she would have made it so. I believe the meeting at PTL was between Heather and Sydney alone and all it took was him to show up and say get in the truck and that was that. I also believe whatever happened; happened at the M house and was not messy but quick and brutal and that father Caison's vehicle was used after that.
RSBM & BBM: I respectfully disagree. NL didn't really attach a narrative of what the State thinks happened at PTL this time. Or much of anywhere for that matter. I think she learned from doing so in the past that like @jillycat says, she paints herself into a corner. It makes the jury have to decide on whether or not this one exact thing happened at this one exact place at this one exact time. It appears to me NL has backed off of theories she thinks may be problematic to the jury. She mostly gives them the evidence and lets them connect the dots themselves. It doesn't matter if the jurors are divided on whether Heather was kidnapped at PTL, LB's, or her apartment. If they all agree she was kidnapped, regardless of from where, they can convict on kidnapping. And I really think NL has honed her craft to the extent that she's gotten out of her own way. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa