AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there not a clear line of sight to the playground from where the car was parked? I can't really tell, but it looks like a clump of trees or bushes on the corner of the basketball court between the two points. My apologies if I'm seeing wrong. Maybe someone local can clarify that? Thanks.

I'm confused. I was talking about where the mother was parked and how far it was from the playground. I agree that she couldn't see behind the building at the bottom where the perp's van was but on my Google Maps it does appear she would have been able to see the playground from her parked car. My point was that the distance doesn't match the distance msm is claiming and also according to the linked video the mom was parked next to the white building and not in the parking lot to the left.

To be clear, I'm not accusing the mom of anything, just saying that video shows that she parked by the white building just above the basketball court. Apologies if I'm misunderstanding your post.
I think the fence around the basketball court and the two shrubs or small trees would have blocked most of the mother’s view from the playground. She may have thought of it as a safe area.

Hi to you all and locals to Bridgeton NJ. Just adding my 2 cents here to the discussion. Just hope I'm not rambling on.

Our family owns a home on the bay about 20 minutes from Bridgeton, NJ. I was in Bridgeton last week from Saturday through Tuesday 9/17 at our home. Just a few things that I felt were "different" that weekend I wanted to throw out there. I've been going to the bay area with my family for about 20 years and had felt a few things seemed different than usual. Someone mentioned to check the Bridgeton Walmart cameras from Sunday (awesome idea!). I was actually there shopping on Sunday and it was extremely crowded....so much so that I was thinking there must be a festival or something going on. I had never seen it so crowded! There has to be a lot of camera footage. After leaving, we drove back to the bay and passed by one of the agricultural fields. Across the street are shacks where the field workers stay short term. Anyways, you normally only see 2-3 men standing outside. There are only three shacks that house about 2 men. On Sunday, there had to have been at least two dozen men standing outside. That was the first time in 20 years I've seen that many men and thought it was highly unusual.

I'm just bringing this up, because it seemed the town was over crowded that weekend so maybe the perp was someone visiting?

Also, the signs for the zoo/playground area can clearly been seen from the road that runs through Bridgeton so it could have been an out of towner who noticed the sign while casing the area.

Thanks for reading.

I think the fence around the basketball court and the two shrubs or small trees would have blocked most of the mother’s view from the playground. She may have thought of it as a safe area.
I think most parks or playgrounds are considered safe but they are also filled with children and this guy may have been watching them and waiting for an opportunity to make a move. He may even be known to the family and somehow knew they were going there.
The area where she disappeared is apparently obscured by buildings so he could have been between the buildings and lured her to a secluded spot and then quickly put her in the car.
It only takes a minute. I would think one of the kids playing in the playground would have been likely to see something, though. Imo

I would think one of the kids playing in the playground would have been likely to see something, though. Imo

The mention above of witnesses including a child makes me wonder if the police are trying to protect another child(ren)?

There is so much in this situation that is at least potentially "off".

Aside from the people playing basketball, do we know who was at the park in the playground area when Dulce disappeared? I'm *assuming* from what I've heard, the people playing ball were all young men, teens?

Were there other young kids and families in the playground and surrounding? Have there been media interviews along the lines of "We were at the playground when it happened....." ?

"LE getting help from witnesses, including a child"..
Ugh, so frustrating! Unless someone comes forward with information or the possible suspect is spotted and brought in LE is up the creek. The park is huge (1100 acres) and as mentioned in the last thread, full of out of the way dead ends and all kinds of hidey places.

If this was a stranger abduction then poor Dulce could be anywhere. Statistics say that stranger abductions usually mean the child is killed within three hours of being taken and the body is left not far from the point of abduction. Problem is there are always exceptions. And I've observed (so not a formal deduction, just anecdotal) that children taken/killed for revenge or rage are often found further away. Again, there are exceptions but my point is that without more info this case could be just about anything. So where the heck is LE going to search with no new clues?

MOO and this case sucks. :( Where are you little Dulce??

children taken/killed for revenge or rage are often found further away.
Respectfully snipped for focus and commentary response.
I usually am able to formulate a theory on these threads pretty fast, but I am at a total loss on this little one's missing status. Three kids, three fathers; one in mexico, another one questioned by ICE; where is the third one? Is he accounted for? I wish I understood the dynamics with the exes better, then I could better determine if they might be implicated.

Why do you suspect revenge or rage Marple?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Pretty much threw the baby out with the bath water with that one move.

<modsnip: Politicizing regarding immigration is not allowed.>

I think the decision to turn the boyfriend over to ICE came from the novelty of the situation, insecurity on the part of our glaringly backward authorities, and s cover your butt mentality.

If this had been a robbery or dui or ... almost anything other than a nationally visible Amber Alert situation there would have had to have been an actual judicial warrant.

That’s all my opinion. The sketchy , loose reporting on this case doesn’t help me form any better opinions ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone !
I had seen something in the news that looked interesting . There is another case in Smyrna DE that involves remains of a child under 10 found at a baseball field which is about 1 hour and 13 min away from Bridgeton. I don’t want to speculate but I can’t keep thinking this is such a big coincidence . The remains were found before Dulce disappeared so I don’t think it could be her but could it possibly be related in any way? In any case prayers for this sweet little girl that she returns home safe .

After remains found, National Center for Missing & Exploited Children helping Smyrna police
Thanks

I just can’t see someone dressed so loudly waiting to pounce on a child. I just can’t. Someone fed the police that and went on their way! I hate where I think this is going. I keep thinking Lumberton...
There have been cases where perp kidnapped a child with relatives watching and giving chase. A brightly colorded clothing ain't going to stop a determined perp from kidnapping.

If this was a stranger abduction then poor Dulce could be anywhere. Statistics say that stranger abductions usually mean the child is killed within three hours of being taken and the body is left not far from the point of abduction.

MOO and this case sucks. :( Where are you little Dulce??

It absolutely sucks, and the more I watch, read & ponder, I'm personally leaning towards her being in the park.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa